Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:27 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times

Advertisements

Rockets has been,please!! Suns or Mavs maybe.Other NBA team fans hate whoever wins.The best NBA team isn't going to be liked in other parts of the country, especially in other NBA cities.The Spurs are liked in other parts of the world.If you like I can post you pics of SPurs support around the globe in pics.

Here are the stats for 2006.I'm right it isn't in the millions.

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Antonio International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2007, 04:36 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,415,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Rockets has been,please!! Suns or Mavs maybe.Other NBA team fans hate whoever wins.The best NBA team isn't going to be liked in other parts of the country, especially in other NBA cities.The Spurs are liked in other parts of the world.If you like I can post you pics of SPurs support around the globe in pics.

Here are the stats for 2006.I'm right it isn't in the millions.

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Antonio International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You underestimate the Rockets. Tracy McGrady and Yao's jerseys are among the top selling in the league. People tune in just to see T-Mac. You are just saying that because I am from Houston and have Houston in my location. The Rockets are liked around the world, too, especially with Yao. Buses in China have Houston Rocket logos on them.

And Austin leads SA by a good 400,000 in airport numbers. I was wrong on that.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Duncan,Tony Parker,Ginobolli are more popular than any Rockets player.You always here about Eva and Tony in the news.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:49 PM

web search.Dallas Mavs surprisingly most results, Cuban probably has a million of his own sites.I just love that guy, lol.

1-10 of 7,170,000 for " san antonio spurs " (About) - 0.10 sec

-10 of 6,090,000 for " houston rockets " (About) - 0.13 sec

1-10 of 6,640,000 for " phoenix suns " (About) - 0.09 sec

1-10 of 8,820,000 for " dallas Mavericks " (About) - 0.09 sec

Old 11-06-2007, 04:50 PM

231 posts, read 1,142,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Somehow I get the feeling you'd be tickled if this actually did happen. Call me crazy?

People here will go to greater lengths to get their piece of the american dream.

But at the same time, our state has flourished. Only in California has been able to sustain these types of domestic population losses and boom economically at the same time.

Im talking $500 Billion since 2000. That's how much our GDP has grown since then. California remains the most dynamic state as far as innovation and people here are accustomed to booms and busts. From Agriculture to Technology, CA is hyperdiversified. California also attracts more young talented people then any other state year in, year out-Add to that millions of immigrants who come here from around the world determined to make it here and you've got a state that in many ways rivals the largest nations in the world.

Thanks for your concern, but something tells me we'll be okay.
I don't think anyone is wishing California any foreboding doom at all. Cali has a very severe housing affordability crisis, exacerbated by the mortgage woes. Many companies are fleeing Cali's high tax base. Illegals are continuing to flood the state, taxing the infrastructure. On top of all that, a water crisis could loom soon worse than georgia's. If they can surmount all those hoops, they are indeed blessed by divine providence. I think the northeast AND midwest has the same challenges, particularly Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. I just see the south winning at this point, as a vassel non-union state of choice with the cheapest labor in the USA. It's the only region scavenging jobs from the midwest,west, and Asia. Add Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida to the mix, and the south wins hands down, actually at the cost of the rest of the country, in a zero-sum sense. They win, we all lose.........

Old 11-06-2007, 04:56 PM

That's a lie. Big, big lie. And the last time I heard about Tony and Eva in the news was in July. T-Mac and Yao are popular, big time.

NBA.com: Kobe Bryant has Top-Selling Jersey in China

InsideHoops.com - Basketball Jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
web search.Dallas Mavs surprisingly most results, Cuban probably has a million of his own sites.I just love that guy, lol.

1-10 of 7,170,000 for " san antonio spurs " (About) - 0.10 sec

-10 of 6,090,000 for " houston rockets " (About) - 0.13 sec

1-10 of 6,640,000 for " phoenix suns " (About) - 0.09 sec

1-10 of 8,820,000 for " dallas Mavericks " (About) - 0.09 sec
And look at Google:

Houston Rockets: 1 - 10 of about 6,140,000
houston rockets - Google Search

San Antonio Spurs: 1 - 10 of about 2,140,000
san antonio spurs - Google Search

The search engine most people use.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:18 PM

It doesnt work that way you have to put it in Quotation marks.It will brink up Rockets and Houston subjects.WIth qoutes your talking NBA team only.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM

And then SA leads by 10,000.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwarrior View Post
It's funny to see all the City X vs. City Y threads. Why have two cities completely in different tiers compete? Do compact sport cars compete in the same tier as american muscle cars? NO. Here's my take on cities that you can compare in "Tiers"

Tier 1 - World Cities:
New York
Chicago
Los Angelas

Tier 2 - Large Cities With High Growth Potential:
Boston
San Fran
Philadelphia
Seattle
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Phoenix
Washington DC
Miami

Tier 3 Medium-Large Cities (Some with large growth some not):
Detroit
Cleveland
Minneapolis
St. Louis
Portland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
San Diego
Denver
Tampa

Tier 4 Cities (Mid-Sized Cities):
New Orleans
Kansas City
Jacksonville
Charlotte
Indianapolis
Cincinatti
Columbus
Milwaukee
Richmond
Sacramento
San Antonio
Austin
Nashville

Tier 5 Cities (Smaller Cities):
Omaha
Madison
Oklahoma City
Orlando
Raleigh
Boulder
Memphis

Odd Ball Tier:
Las Vegas? - kind of in its own tier

PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN TIERS AND CHANGES OR ADD CITIES I DIDN'T MENTION. DONT EXCLUDE CITIES MENTIONED ABOVE THOUGH. ALSO, MOVING YOUR CITY TO A HIGHER TIER JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT DOESN'T HELP - YOU NEED TO PROVIDE A REASON. IE, MOVING "HOUSTON" TO WORLD CITIES JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT WITHOUT REASONING
Since you did this ranking solely based on size, I would suggest a few adjustments. Omaha has >400,000 people. Richmond has <200,000. They should be switched. Boulder does not even have 100,000, and is irrelevant. I do not have time to look up all these populations, but these are some of the more obvious discrepencies. Add Salt Lake City to tier 5.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-06-2007 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: add SLC

Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Since you did this ranking solely based on size, I would suggest a few adjustments. Omaha has >400,000 people. Richmond has <200,000. They should be switched. Boulder does not even have 100,000, and is irrelevant. I do not have time to look up all these populations, but these are some of the more obvious discrepencies. Add Salt Lake City to tier 5.

Also should move up and to tier 3.

Have over 2 million people.

San Antonio
Sacramento
Kansas City
Cincinatti
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City