Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More ethnically diverse and integrated cities
California 30 56.60%
Northeast 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM

85 posts, read 160,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vplegend View Post
You're a joke dude. Giving one stat on East L.A.??? What does that have to do w proving the north east is more diverse than Cali??? It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with YOUR topic...All u keep bringing up is EAST LA EAST LA ETHNIC CLEANSING SOMEONE'S DAUGHTER WAS KILLED....So for the record u have still provided ZERO FACTS to prove your point...keep trying tho...we know u will!!!
Fact: Blacks are fleeing LA
Fact: Blacks are being ethnically cleansed by Mexican gangmembers.
Fact: Under United Nations (not my guidelines, not your guidelines), what's going on in Los Angeles can be classified as ethnic cleansing
Fact: Your "logic" obviously doesn't have that much panache considering that more people not from the Northeast voted for the Northeast than non-Californians voting for California
Fact: There is no city in California that is as large and diverse as New York City. Don't believe me? Here are the stats from the 2010 census. US2010

33.3% White, 23.6% Black, 28.6% Hispanic, 13.4% Asian. New York City BY FAR has the most Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS in the country without any of those races feel like it dominates the whole city.

You live in Sacramento, so you may not be used to logic and the real world. After all, your city had to convince itself it was relevant enough to keep an NBA team over a more deserving city like Seattle. It's stuff like that and the arrogance shown in this thread that makes everyone hates Californians. Enjoy your Mexicans though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 07:44 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
I just gave u stats from the 2010 census....those are facts...CNBC source=FACT. How can anyone still be arguing against Cali...we already proved our point....this thread is over. Why r u still trying to argue? Facts don't lie?!?!
Wait, wait, what?

I gave you numbers, you gave me a slideshow.

Here are the numbers again (taken from city-data), I'll add on some smaller cities to further my point:

San Diego: 45% European, 6% African, 16% Asian, 29% Hispanic

Washington DC: 35% European, 50% African, 4% Asian, 9% Hispanic

Los Angeles: 29% European, 9.2% African, 11% Asian, 49% Hispanic

New York City: 33% European, 23% African, 13% Asian, 29% Hispanic

San Francisco: 42% European, 6% African, 33% Asian, 15% Hispanic

Boston: 47% European, 22% African, 9% Asian, 18% Hispanic

Bakersfield: 38% European, 8% African, 6% Asian, 46% Hispanic

Lowell: 53% European, 6% African, 20% Asian, 17% Hispanic

Fresno: 30% European, 8% African, 12% Asian, 47% Hispanic

Providence: 38% European, 13% African, 6% Asian, 38% Hispanic

Sacramento: 35% European, 14% African, 18% Asian, 27% Hispanic

Hartford: 16% European, 35% African, 3% Asian, 43% Hispanic

Redding: 81% European, 1% African, 3% Asian, 9% Hispanic

Lawrence: 21% European, 2% African, 2% Asian, 74% Hispanic

In conclusion, all the significant urban locations in the Northeast are just as diverse or more than those in CA. Because CA is more integrated, it probably has more diverse zipcodes and suburbs, but I don't think that CA is head and shoulders above the northeast in terms of diversity.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM

130 posts, read 226,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaKlwn8523 View Post
Fact: Blacks are fleeing LA
Fact: Blacks are being ethnically cleansed by Mexican gangmembers.
Fact: Under United Nations (not my guidelines, not your guidelines), what's going on in Los Angeles can be classified as ethnic cleansing
Fact: Your "logic" obviously doesn't have that much panache considering that more people not from the Northeast voted for the Northeast than non-Californians voting for California
Fact: There is no city in California that is as large and diverse as New York City. Don't believe me? Here are the stats from the 2010 census. US2010

33.3% White, 23.6% Black, 28.6% Hispanic, 13.4% Asian. New York City BY FAR has the most Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, and Asians WITHIN THE CITY LIMITS in the country without any of those races feel like it dominates the whole city.

You live in Sacramento, so you may not be used to logic and the real world. After all, your city had to convince itself it was relevant enough to keep an NBA team over a more deserving city like Seattle. It's stuff like that and the arrogance shown in this thread that makes everyone hates Californians. Enjoy your Mexicans though.
Here are more recent stats provided by CNBC....remember the census is only once every 10 years
The Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in America

What u said does NOTHING to prove the ne is more diverse....still at ZERO FACTS over there....failed attempts to klown on my diverse as heck city just proves u have nothing left to "prove"(lol) your point. So instead u get pissed and start taking shots at Sac-Town. Why don't u come out to Nor Cal, come to Florin and I'll show u what REAL diversity looks like...You couldn't make it over here, it's real over here. It's a hard-knock life out here in south Sac. Don't take wild blind shots at a city u know nothing about. Where r u from klown boy?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 PM

130 posts, read 226,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Wait, wait, what?

I gave you numbers, you gave me a slideshow.

Here are the numbers again (taken from city-data), I'll add on some smaller cities to further my point:

San Diego: 45% European, 6% African, 16% Asian, 29% Hispanic

Washington DC: 35% European, 50% African, 4% Asian, 9% Hispanic

Los Angeles: 29% European, 9.2% African, 11% Asian, 49% Hispanic

New York City: 33% European, 23% African, 13% Asian, 29% Hispanic

San Francisco: 42% European, 6% African, 33% Asian, 15% Hispanic

Boston: 47% European, 22% African, 9% Asian, 18% Hispanic

Bakersfield: 38% European, 8% African, 6% Asian, 46% Hispanic

Lowell: 53% European, 6% African, 20% Asian, 17% Hispanic

Fresno: 30% European, 8% African, 12% Asian, 47% Hispanic

Providence: 38% European, 13% African, 6% Asian, 38% Hispanic

Sacramento: 35% European, 14% African, 18% Asian, 27% Hispanic

Hartford: 16% European, 35% African, 3% Asian, 43% Hispanic

Redding: 81% European, 1% African, 3% Asian, 9% Hispanic

Lawrence: 21% European, 2% African, 2% Asian, 74% Hispanic

In conclusion, all the significant urban locations in the Northeast are just as diverse or more than those in CA. Because CA is more integrated, it probably has more diverse zipcodes and suburbs, but I don't think that CA is head and shoulders above the northeast in terms of diversity.
Top 10 most diverse city list, updated by CNBC: btw #11 is Sacramento..notice 6 of the top 11 are in Cali and only 1 is in the ne? End of debate Cali wins in a landslide.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Top 10 most diverse city list, updated by CNBC: btw #11 is Sacramento..notice 6 of the top 11 are in Cali and only 1 is in the ne? End of debate Cali wins in a landslide.
Please name these cities and show their stats, then I'll be satisfied.

And even so, as I've been trying to show, the Northeast cities are all incredibly diverse, even if they don't, for some reason, make the top ten list of your slideshow.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 AM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Please name these cities and show their stats, then I'll be satisfied.

And even so, as I've been trying to show, the Northeast cities are all incredibly diverse, even if they don't, for some reason, make the top ten list of your slideshow.
I see what you are saying, as you are using the major cities in both to show that the diversity is roughly the same or similar, give or take. I actually agree and I think you aren't denying the integration/diversity advantage California has in terms of suburbs and small/rural towns. This isn't to say that the Northeast doesn't have diverse/integrated suburbs or even small towns, but it is a matter of volume, in comparison.

For instance, while they aren't the same size and you would switch percentages in terms of groups, but cities like Syracuse and Riverside are similar or close in terms of demographics: US2010

US2010

So, the diversity in terms of the major and mid-major cities are close or similar, give or take.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM

725 posts, read 1,211,700 times
Cali: White/Hispanic..............Black/Asian
N.E: White/Black..................Hispanic

No difference at all, just in the minority's.

Last edited by Toure; 05-28-2013 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-28-2013, 09:47 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toure View Post
Cali: White/Hispanic..............Black
N.E: White/Black..................Hispanic

No difference at all, just in the minority's.
No, there is certainly a difference. California is more diverse and integrated. The numbers have proven that. There is really no need to continue this discussion.

This thread was all a shallow and pedantic attempt to bash California. I might add a rather unsuccessful one at that since the OP's motives are clear.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:54 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I see what you are saying, as you are using the major cities in both to show that the diversity is roughly the same or similar, give or take. I actually agree and I think you aren't denying the integration/diversity advantage California has in terms of suburbs and small/rural towns. This isn't to say that the Northeast doesn't have diverse/integrated suburbs or even small towns, but it is a matter of volume, in comparison.

For instance, while they aren't the same size and you would switch percentages in terms of groups, but cities like Syracuse and Riverside are similar or close in terms of demographics: US2010

US2010

So, the diversity in terms of the major and mid-major cities are close or similar, give or take.
Pretty true. Most cities in both regions are diverse and increasingly getting more diverse--especially as Asian groups flock to a lot of other mid-sized cities. It's all pretty recent for the most part as a lot of Hispanic and Asian immigration is in the last thirty years; People talk about the current levels of diversity as if it's a static fact, when it's a relatively new development in America after the Immigration Reform Act of 1965 for the most part.

Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 PM

592 posts, read 828,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaKlwn8523 View Post
Remember the thousands of White and Black refugees leaving California? Remember all the dead black children? You can't argue against that either.
bwahahaha oh dear lord! I've been reading this thread since page one, and I know this post is old, but your "refugee" comment made me bust out laughing.

Dude, there is no "race war" in California. You have a few hispanic and black gangs in South Central LA and Compton who sometimes target each other. But comparing it to Rwanda? Lets get real here buddy! You're basically talking about a few Mexican Mafia members and Crips members in a select few neighborhoods in LA. California is a state of over 38 million people. You can't claim that there is a genocide of a certain group because a handful have been killed by some punk gang members.

"White and Black refugees?"

A high cost of living and an economy that started going down the drain doesn't make people who choose to leave "refugees." Most Whites leaving are leaving to smaller states still out West- like Arizona, Nevada, Texas, etc. Most Blacks are heading down South or simply moving to the Inland Valley areas of California to escape the high cost of living in the cities. Cities like Stockton, Antioch, Pittsburg, Riverside, San Bernadino have seen huge increases in their black populations.

loool.... refugees..... you really had me cracking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City