Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 07:28 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha no need to be jealous. It was no big deal really, there was a lot of people there and these kinds of gatherings are quite common in SV.

Take a steel drum playing lesson in the Bahamas. You deserve to have fun in your golden years
Monty dearest, I don't need to be jealous of you sitting in an auditorium and listening to a speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 07:34 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
If you are more of the liberal, sophisticated type,you'll likely enjoy SF.
More materialistic and 'into the scene' Miami. Though I like Miami bc you can also live a simplistic beach type life. I like going to work, going to gym after and seeing absolutely beautiful women everywhere, and grilling outside on the bay. Do some fishing, beach on the weekend, and world class nightlife.

If I was more of a liberal and enjoyed sophisticated coffeehouse conversations about social injustice more than staring at thong clad, silicon enhanced ladies, SF would be my place. Typically, people move to miami 'after they've made it' so you'll spend a much greater time interacting with people with 'gigs' rather than careers.

I will say, jobs earning between $150k - $400k are very hard to come by in miami, particularly if you aren't catering to Latin America.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:35 PM

282 posts, read 350,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Monty dearest, I don't need to be jealous of you sitting in an auditorium and listening to a speech.
Your aversion to hard work is why Miami is so poor and irrelevant on the global stage and is the American capital of every scam known to man. Every Dateline NBC episode about some financial criminal is set in Miami. It's a pretty disgusting culture lol.

Go learn something from Bill Gates.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
Your aversion to hard work
I don't believe in hard work, I believe in working intelligently. And it paid off for me, now I don't have to really work, my money generates more money by virtue of clout, my projects manage themselves because people want to manage them for me (paycheck ofc).

And why should I complain, this summer I will be in Europe for a couple months, then when I come back, I will be a little bit in Asia, a little bit in Miami. Life is hard for those who think it's about working hard, because it's all intelligence.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:44 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I don't believe in hard work, I believe in working intelligently. And it paid off for me, now I don't have to really work, my money generates more money by virtue of clout, my projects manage themselves because people want to manage them for me (paycheck ofc).

And why should I complain, this summer I will be in Europe for a couple months, then when I come back, I will be a little bit in Asia, a little bit in Miami. Life is hard for those who think it's about working hard, because it's all intelligence.
Oh your into Amway! ok then, okee dokee.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh your into Amway! ok then, okee dokee.
When I'm in the Bahamas, with my girlfriend whose parents are famous real estate moguls and live on Jupiter Island, when her head is on my chest, and with my beautiful view of the turquoise/azure waters of our beach, I will feel kind of bad realizing you actually get up everyday and commute to work like everyone else while I wake up at noon, and just do what I want. Take some phone calls sure, but more or less free.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:38 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAE50 View Post
Your aversion to hard work is why Miami is so poor and irrelevant on the global stage and is the American capital of every scam known to man. Every Dateline NBC episode about some financial criminal is set in Miami. It's a pretty disgusting culture lol.

Go learn something from Bill Gates.
Seriously. His life sounds so blah. I would die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami
When I'm in the Bahamas, with my girlfriend
whose parents are famous real estate
moguls and live on Jupiter Island, when her
head is on my chest, and with my beautiful
view of the turquoise/azure waters of our
beach, I will feel kind of bad realizing you
actually get up everyday and commute to
work like everyone else while I wake up at
noon, and just do what I want. Take some
phone calls sure, but more or less free.
Hahahaha this all sounds so intensely boring.

#No #Thanks

Old 05-01-2015, 12:54 AM

1,353 posts, read 1,642,462 times
Well for all this person's travels, this person believes that he lives such a 0.1% life unique to Miami/South FL, and that Miami Beach by itself has more restaurants with outdoor dining than all of San Francisco (I really don't think this person has stepped foot in SF...frankly, I have a hard time believing this person is all that well traveled).

I really don't feel sorry for this person or feel like correcting him because I'm not sure he's real and he's not worth my time (I can't respond directly because he falls on my Ignore list). But I do think he's rather pathetic. I'm sure he'll start up with the "you're jealous" and "I make a gazillion dollars because I'm a 'developer' working intelligently in Miami Beach for a SV company with people working for me so I can do what I want while I date Ava Fox". I don't think he realizes who posts on here (if he's so high and mighty, there's always someone higher and mightier...and likely to be someone from elsewhere like the Bay Area, NYC, or some place else), and I think he honestly believes internet personalities like us all respect him more for it...delusional, naive, and inexperienced more than anything else.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:29 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,592 times
He talks like someone from the internet in 1997. You can be anyone on here!

And if it is all true, why do you feel the need for the weird over shares that no one cares about and more importantly wtf are you doing arguing with us losers for on this weird / relatively obscure website?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonelitist View Post
Well for all this person's travels, this person believes that he lives such a 0.1% life unique to Miami/South FL, and that Miami Beach by itself has more restaurants with outdoor dining than all of San Francisco (I really don't think this person has stepped foot in SF...frankly, I have a hard time believing this person is all that well traveled).
It's jealousy honey.

I know you read my posts even though I'm on your ignore list. I have been to San Francisco many times, it's your comments that betray you never been to Miami Beach (patio seating with umbrella, which is extraordinarily rare here, most seating is on the sidewalk).

But no I'm not well traveled, I just jet back from Tokyo and Miami, cheers

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City