Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: California (cities and nature) vs NYC, Bos and PHI (with surrounding nature)
California 36 61.02%
NYC/Bos/Phi 23 38.98%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Sacramento over Philadelphia are you serious??
Sounds like there is a back story, but Sacramento does have it plusses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahatma X View Post
California is huge and vast with many cities. California could be its own country. You can't compare it to any other state, let alone cities.
That's right on, no matter how great those cities are, you are comparing against the best state in the union with a vast variety of cities and places. And that's no knock on those cities at all.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Quote:
Sacramento over Philadelphia are you serious??
Yeah, aren't you the same guy that rants all day about Boston (and how much you dislike it), it's pretty hypocritical to be quoting other people and questioning what they like and dislike. You'd figure for someone that really doesn't like the place they'd pick anywhere over it. So why would it be a shock?

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 07-07-2013 at 04:00 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 04:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Give me New England over that 1800s upstart in the west any day.

But in all seriousness, if the surrounding area of Boston is included (including Newport, Lowell, Providence, Cape Cod, Portsmouth, etc.) it's definitely too much charm and greatness for CA to match.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:02 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
Yeah, coming from someone that rants all day about Boston (and how much you dislike it), it's pretty hypocritical to be quoting other people and questioning what they like and dislike. You'd figure for someone that really doesn't like the place they'd pick anywhere over it. So would it be a shock?
No need to throw stones, just wanting an educated answer. Please tell me what's so great about Sacramento?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:06 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Quote:
No need to throw stones, just wanting an educated answer. Please tell me what's so great about Sacramento?
Pretty close to the Bay Area, halfway mark I suppose from Tahoe/the Sierra Nevada and the Bay Area where I have a lot of family. Pretty decent place really, nothing outstanding but nothing worth hating on. Decent in education, decent in crime, decent in making a life, pretty good diversity with a nice location and climate away from the cold.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 07-07-2013 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-07-2013, 04:10 PM

364 posts, read 619,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
If that's true, then why does California BUTCHER New York State (which includes NYC) in thread after thread after thread?

It has to Voltron to make it "fair". Boo hoo.
California voltron of SF, LA, Sacramemto, SJ, San Diego vs NYC

CALIFORNIA VOLTRON LOSES!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 04:22 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
This is a tough one. Even though NYC/Philly/Boston easily beat California's top 3 cities LA/San Fran/San Diego, I'm not sure if NYC/Philly/Boston are enough to overtake such a large state like California when factoring in the other cities as well. Overall I would say California wins this debate just on it's sheer size alone.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
This is a tough one. Even though NYC/Philly/Boston easily beat California's top 3 cities LA/San Fran/San Diego, I'm not sure if NYC/Philly/Boston are enough to overtake such a large state like California. Overall would say California wins this debate just on it's sheer size alone.
This is your opinion - I'd take LA and SF over Boston and Philly, easily. San Diego I can do without, and nothing really compares favorably to NYC.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:34 PM

364 posts, read 619,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
This is your opinion - I'd take LA and SF over Boston and Philly, easily. San Diego I can do without, and nothing really compares favorably to NYC.
Technically, LA and SF are more powerful than Boston and Philly. I can see why you would pick this. Munchitup, you are the best Cali poster on the site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City