Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold As War View Post
Your anger. So obvious you were angered over me pointing out how crappy BART is. Why chill out? I'm not a west coast hippie, I have things to do and to accomplish in a day. This is a forum..... Do you think I care what anyone on here thinks about me?

Again, get a subway and come back to me.

Don't care what you think. A subway isn't the end all be all of what makes a city world class. .

Last edited by Fastphilly; 07-17-2013 at 02:47 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 AM

494 posts, read 804,236 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't. I visit the cities and then make my own assumptions. The worst someone can do is to listen to a homer like yourself with San Francisco as its location. You build it up continuously. Homerism at its finest.

yet you made the claim Atlantic City, Cape May and so forth was part of Philly metro to give Philly a boost? Lets not talk about Homerism.

I am from Philly and even know there was much better examples of decent suburbs then what you gave which was REALLY pushing it.

Very few will admit it but homerism plays a large roll in all of these kinds of threads. Then you have the haters of certain city's which trumps everything and thus any logical reasoning. It is a shame really because it destroys the quality of the subject matter. This thread shows loud and clear once again how homerism/haters rules the day.

I personally don't care for all of the city's i listed here in the USA ( personal reasons ) but that doesn't mean i am gonna lie about their better points either. Some of you should try that. Really helps with your credibility amongst other things.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post
yet you made the claim Atlantic City, Cape May and so forth was part of Philly metro to give Philly a boost? Lets not talk about Homerism.

I am from Philly and even know there was much better examples of decent suburbs then what you gave which was REALLY pushing it.

Very few will admit it but homerism plays a large roll in all of these kinds of threads. Then you have the haters of certain city's which trumps everything and thus any logical reasoning. It is a shame really because it destroys the quality of the subject matter. This thread shows loud and clear once again how homerism/haters rules the day.

I personally don't care for all of the city's i listed here in the USA ( personal reasons ) but that doesn't mean i am gonna lie about their better points either. Some of you should try that. Really helps with your credibility amongst other things.
If you read my post I did mention BART has only one corridor through San Francisco. I wasn't trying to make BART some top tier subway system. The city is a surface transit oriented city. But the homer Cold As Ice seems to think in his own little world that if a city doesn't have an extensive subway covering all neighborhoods in a city proper then it's not world class.

Thanks for re-affirming my suspicions about this poster.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 AM

364 posts, read 618,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
Don't care what you think. A subway isn't the end all be all of what makes a city world class. .
You would care what I was thinking if I agreed with you.

Again, you are just mad because I called your city out for what it is lacking.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBTL View Post

I don't know what post of mine you are referring to because I don't ever remember claiming AC and Cape may to boost Philly. I could have but regardless it is the Truth. Cape may and AC are in the Philly CSA, check the census.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
I don't know what post of mine you are referring to because I don't ever
Remember claiming AC and Cape may to post Philly. I could have but regardless it is the
Truth. Cape may and AC are in the Philly CSA, check the census.
I guess there are other members on here that know your track record.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
If you read my post I did mention BART has only one corridor through San Francisco. I wasn't trying to make BART some top tier subway system. The city is a surface transit oriented city. But the homer Cold As Ice seems to think in his own little world that if a city doesn't have an extensive subway covering all neighborhoods in a city proper then it's not world class.

Thanks for re-affirming my suspicions about this poster.
Where did I make that statement? You are putting words into m mouth. SF lacks in other areas to be world class to such as parks, museums, etc.

And my suspicions were right about you, just another California booster.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I guess there are other members on here that know your track record.
Trust me - lots know yours. You fall right in line with all of The other smug California boosters!

Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Where did I make that statement? You are putting words into m mouth. SF lacks in other areas to be world class to such as parks, museums, etc.

And my suspicions were right about you, just another California booster.
Golden Gate Park? The DeYoung Museum and Academy of Science? Did you really visit San Francisco as you claimed? With that statement I have my suspicions.

Me is thinking yoos a Philly boosta?

Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Golden Gate Park? The DeYoung Museum and Academy of Science? Did you really visit San Francisco as you claimed? With that statement I have my suspicions.
Exactly my point and what I suspected as an answer. IMO world class Cities should have more than one park and museum at world class status. They should have MULTIPLE! NY has 3-5 parks and 3-5 museums that are world class...... And in honesty Way more if i sat down and counted.

GGP and those museums you listed are nice though, SF just needs more like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.