Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better Islands Desetination
Hawaii 76 54.68%
Caribbean 63 45.32%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:10 PM

669 posts, read 914,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Probably because the mod's had deleted two of his posts, one of which he called a poster a dumbass for disagreeing with him on nightlife, and another which he called an idiot. When posters have to resort to name calling well they're not exactly presenting a reasonable and logical argument. Certainly not one to turn to on what is and isn't boring.
Not really, everybody calls out names it's human nature. I am not defending his behaviors in anyways, but whether somebody calls somebody an idiot or not has nothing to do with whether he or she know what boring is or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 03:17 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Not really, everybody calls out names it's human nature. I am not defending his behaviors in anyways, but whether somebody calls somebody an idiot or not has nothing to do with whether he or she know what boring is or not.
Well from my point of view one who can't keep up a civil dialogue generally doesn't have a very tasteful and informative opinion. It was his opinion, and I thought it was coming from an ignorant place so I put in my input for disagreement. Simple as that.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,202,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Nothing you said about the Caribbean is accurate. It's mostly flat? Lol what?
And I fail to see how Hawaii has more variety of beaches, the Caribbean has thousands of beaches. Hawaii doesn't come close to that number, and no Hawaii doesn't have the white sand that the Caribbean does. It's sugar white, it is due to the coral found only in that part of the world.
The Caribbean's waters are mostly flat is what I meant, not the landscape. And here's a sugar-white sand beach in Hawaii:

Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM

204 posts, read 309,489 times
Quote:
Well from my point of view one who can't keep up a civil dialogue generally doesn't have a very tasteful and informative opinion. It was his opinion, and I thought it was coming from an ignorant place so I put in my input for disagreement. Simple as that.
The poster he is referring to is me.

First, I don't recall calling anyone a dumbass. If I did, that was wrong of me.

Second, I did call someone an idiot. When someone behaves like a duck and quacks like a duck, they're 99% of the time gonna be a Duck. But No! Call the friggin cops. Political Correctness has run amuck in this country. I remember a time when you could have a conversation, without worrying about offending the whole world...

Third, while you had a decent argument for Hawaii. This thread is filled with post like this from the Genghis. Whenever someone posted a decent argument he would result to this.

Quote:
it's obvious you're just throwing crap against the wall hoping something will stick
Whenever, someone makes a decent complaint about Hawaii it was ignored. Instead, they focused on the crime rate of the Caribbean which everyone agreed was higher. Or as FloridaGirl said:
Quote:
The problem however is that many of the people who prefer Hawaii tend to be kind of snobbish about it and and make false or inaccurate claims regarding the Caribbean, or pretty much any where else in a Hawaii vs poll.
However, Caphill I do applaud you for focusing on the argument without the drama.

I must say however. One cannot not Compare the state of Texas to the continent of Europe.

To keep the thread going. Feast your eye's on this. http://www.caribbean-beat.com/issue-...s-best-surfing

Old 10-27-2013, 04:44 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,202,751 times
Yes but as the article said, the surfing still can't compare to Hawaii.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:49 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4d10 View Post
The poster he is referring to is me.

First, I don't recall calling anyone a dumbass. If I did, that was wrong of me.

Second, I did call someone an idiot. When someone behaves like a duck and quacks like a duck, they're 99% of the time gonna be a Duck. But No! Call the friggin cops. Political Correctness has run amuck in this country. I remember a time when you could have a conversation, without worrying about offending the whole world...

Third, while you had a decent argument for Hawaii. This thread is filled with post like this from the Genghis. Whenever someone posted a decent argument he would result to this.

Whenever, someone makes a decent complaint about Hawaii it was ignored. Instead, they focused on the crime rate of the Caribbean which everyone agreed was higher. Or as FloridaGirl said:

However, Caphill I do applaud you for focusing on the argument without the drama.

I must say however. One cannot not Compare the state of Texas to the continent of Europe.

To keep the thread going. Feast your eye's on this. Surf's Up! The Caribbean's Best Surfing | Caribbean Beat Magazine
I have to rep you for this post. I didn't like your posts from the outset though you've changed your tone somewhat and somewhere in between, and you spoke directly to my questions about the Caribbean. I love how you stated your exploration of Jamaica on a moped and didn't give a flying turd about most tourists paranoia being away from the resort compounds. My idea of independently exploring a whole island like I had experienced in Hawaii (and loved) inspired me to start this thread idea because I needed a little education on who, where, and how it's done in the Caribbean. Unfortunately the reputation denotes heavily on sheeple tourist herds staying at the all inclusive compounds is mostly what I hear about, and that's a shame.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:40 PM

204 posts, read 309,489 times
Quote:
I have to rep you for this post. I didn't like your posts from the outset though you've changed your tone somewhat and somewhere in between, and you spoke directly to my questions about the Caribbean. I love how you stated your exploration of Jamaica on a moped and didn't give a flying turd about most tourists paranoia being away from the resort compounds. My idea of independently exploring a whole island like I had experienced in Hawaii (and loved) inspired me to start this thread idea because I needed a little education on who, where, and how it's done in the Caribbean. Unfortunately the reputation denotes heavily on sheeple tourist herds staying at the all inclusive compounds is mostly what I hear about, and that's a shame.
Exactly. Imagine going to Tokyo and staying in the hotel the whole trip. That would be awful. There's a world out there to explore. Don't be scared, a little adventure never hurt anyone (well, actually....).

Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,977,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
The Caribbean's waters are mostly flat is what I meant, not the landscape. And here's a sugar-white sand beach in Hawaii:
That's beautiful, but it's still not the Caribbean white. The sand in that picture actually reminds me of the sand in NJ, believe it or not - which absolutely does not look like this (Cancun, Mexico):

Or this (St. Maarten):

I mean, that sand is literally white. It's described frequently, Caribbean sand, as looking and feeling like flour. And as FloridaPirate has said, it is because of reefs in the area and salt quantity. I'm not saying Hawaii doesn't have it, because I honestly don't know, but those pictures aren't the same as what the Caribbean has.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:50 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
The only areas in North America with sand like that are the Caribbean, a few places in florida, and a few places around the mexican peninsula. Hawaii does not have the geology for the fine quartz. Quartz does not even occur in basaltic rock or coral, of which Hawaiian beaches are *all* made up of. Caribbean also has white coral beaches.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
That's beautiful, but it's still not the Caribbean white. The sand in that picture actually reminds me of the sand in NJ, believe it or not - which absolutely does not look like this (Cancun, Mexico):

Or this (St. Maarten):

I mean, that sand is literally white. It's described frequently, Caribbean sand, as looking and feeling like flour. And as FloridaPirate has said, it is because of reefs in the area and salt quantity. I'm not saying Hawaii doesn't have it, because I honestly don't know, but those pictures aren't the same as what the Caribbean has.
Who cares how white it is, whoop dee do! Jersey....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City