Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wich city is better ?
Washington D.C. 129 48.86%
Philadelphia 135 51.14%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post
What was so inaccurate? Did I hurt your feelings.
No you did not haha just about 90% of your post is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 11:01 AM

2,500 posts, read 3,370,412 times
Let's see...

The Heart of our Nation's freedom...

Or the Heart of its enslavement?

Philadelphia freedom for me....

Old 11-12-2014, 11:17 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,185,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
No you did not haha I just disagree with about 90% of your post.
Fixed

Old 11-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Fixed
Actually no. You city boosters are hilarious, I can use facts and statistics to prove about 90% of his post inaccurate. Also it was rude and immature. As if a 14 year old wrote it......

Old 11-12-2014, 11:41 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Quote:
No you did not haha just about 90% of your post is wrong.
Exactly what nephi215 just said. You disagree with my post, but it is in no way wrong.

-Center City has better shopping than Dowontown D.C... And KOP is better than any mall in the DC area.

-DC transit is better, but also has TWICE the funding that SEPTA has

-Philly is severely underrated for biking. There are a ton of massive parks and big trails within city limits like Fairmount and Schuylkill River trail. DC has no comparison to the Wissahickon in Northwest Philadelphia. On top of that, practically every street in the core of philadelphia now has bike lanes or is bike friendly. Drivers are also much more aware of bikers in Philadelphia.

-Both Philadelphia and DC have extremely wealthy suburbs. You can't really say one is so much wealthier than the other.

-Schools in the philadelphia area, on average, are better than those in DC area

-Philadelphia has a huge selection of walkable cities and towns surrounding it, just like DC. Plus, Philadelphia itself is larger and more walkable than DC

-Center City is a better a Downtown than DC. Everyone agrees with this except DC posters

-Nightlife in Philadelphia is better than DC. DC is mostly go-go and high end social clubs. Philadelphia has real nightlife. Crazy clubs, sports bars, pubs. A place you go to dance the night away until 4am. Also, DC has no answer for Atlantic City.

-Entertianment can be subjective. They both have superb museums, theater, orchestra, etc.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:45 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,688,712 times
Quote:
Actually no. You city boosters are hilarious, I can use facts and statistics to prove about 90% of his post inaccurate. Also it was rude and immature. As if a 14 year old wrote it......
Bahaha please post these facts and statistics so we can all see how right I am.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Exactly what nephi215 just said. You disagree with my post, but it is in no way wrong.

-Center City has better shopping than Dowontown D.C... And KOP is better than any mall in the DC area.

-DC transit is better, but also has TWICE the funding that SEPTA has

-Philly is severely underrated for biking. There are a ton of massive parks and big trails within city limits like Fairmount and Schuylkill River trail. DC has no comparison to the Wissahickon in Northwest Philadelphia. On top of that, practically every street in the core of philadelphia now has bike lanes or is bike friendly. Drivers are also much more aware of bikers in Philadelphia.

-Both Philadelphia and DC have extremely wealthy suburbs. You can't really say one is so much wealthier than the other.

-Schooks in the philadelphia area, on average, are better than those in DC area

-Philadelphia has a huge selection of walkable cities and towns surrounding it, just like DC. Plus, Philadelphia itself is larger and more walkable than DC

-Center City is a better a Downtown than DC. Everyone agrees with this except DC posters

-Nightlife in Philadelphia is better than DC. DC is mostly go-go and high end social clubs. Philadelphia has real nightlife. Crazy clubs, sports bars, pubs. A place you go to dance the night away until 4am. Also, DC has no answer for Atlantic City.

-Entertianment can be subjective. They both have superb museums, theater, orchestra, etc.
You do realize your post is highly opinionated and not factual right? No factual data or stastics to prove some of your points. I agree with you on some things such as schools, because DC public schools are pathetic and the shopping being better in the city but KOP is not better than Tysons and has the exact same amount of retail space.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:51 AM

2,500 posts, read 3,370,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Let's see...

The Heart of our Nation's freedom...

Or the Heart of its enslavement?

Philadelphia freedom for me....
Um this...the two cities are diametrically opposed to one another at their core. I have ancestors who survived Valley Forge....not hoping to create an Imperium in DC. the struggle continues.....even the idea that 200 years hence...on a thing called the Internet .....the question of Philadelphia's realation to Washington !!!!! Would even be asked?!?!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Bahaha please post these facts and statistics so we can all see how right I am.
Don't get me wrong I love Philadelphia and I think it's a great city but your post was exaggerated in some aspects. Ill post the stats and facts later since I'm on an iPhone at the moment

Old 11-12-2014, 12:19 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,896,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Philly has a better skyline and is more urban. But that's where it ends. I lived in the DC Area for 3 years and much prefer it to here. I've tried to like Philly, I really have. And some places here are nice, but the people are ratchet and unsophisticated, and this place is largely a ****hole. Washington DC has much more class (no, not "clayss" as Philadelphians tend to say).

So when are you leaving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City