Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:44 AM

139 posts, read 221,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
No place is for everyone. I'm certain I'd be miserable living in CO, though I would love to visit Aspen one of these days.
I agree with you. Aspen is nice, but I lived on the plains of eastern Colorado. Peaceful prairies for hundreds of miles. I am pretty sure millions of people love Houston if over 2,000,000 live there. Wasn't a place for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 04:32 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson79 View Post
Houston is Hell, anyone reading this, make sure never to go to Houston!!! The Humidity will literally kill you! San Antonio has the same thing but more trees! Hill Country is way better! Affordable & cheap taxes Texas is the way to go, defiantly Hill Country.
San Antonio is the same but with more trees? LOL

Old 06-16-2016, 09:35 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Houston is Hell, anyone reading this, make sure never to go to Houston!!! The Humidity will literally kill you! San Antonio has the same thing but more trees! Hill Country is way better! Affordable & cheap taxes Texas is the way to go, defiantly Hill Country.
Okay! You really going in hard on Houston.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:50 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Crazy, right? lol

Old 06-16-2016, 12:33 PM

431 posts, read 521,247 times
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Never in my life have I ever stepped foot in a more boring, HUMID(that's an understatment), sprawled out place FULL of highways that go on for days. Although it is a huge city (fourth biggest in the country) it is full of people who really don't belong in a city and enjoy the simple life (if you will). I noticed that there were a lot of out of shape people in Houston (far more than I've ever seen in Boston), and granted there weren't that many but I did see WAAAAY to many people who looked like they were straight out of duck dynasty for my taste.

I've enjoyed my time spent in both Phoenix and San Antonio (San Antonio is nothing like Houston, not sure why someone said that),

Old 06-16-2016, 03:41 PM

198 posts, read 189,752 times
Quote:
Comedy Central could use your talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Never in my life have I ever stepped foot in a more boring, HUMID(that's an understatment), sprawled out place FULL of highways that go on for days. Although it is a huge city (fourth biggest in the country) it is full of people who really don't belong in a city and enjoy the simple life (if you will). I noticed that there were a lot of out of shape people in Houston (far more than I've ever seen in Boston), and granted there weren't that many but I did see WAAAAY to many people who looked like they were straight out of duck dynasty for my taste.

I've enjoyed my time spent in both Phoenix and San Antonio (San Antonio is nothing like Houston, not sure why someone said that),
That 'someone' is the poster you are quoting. Pay attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Such types of posts just kill the brain-cells.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:52 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
You have lost your mind if you think San Antonio has more trees.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
I'd choose, in this order:

San Antonio
Houston
Phoenix

Though I freely admit it's been awhile since I went through Phoenix. I'm not as familiar with Phoenix as I am with Texas cities.

I love me some San Antonio and the Hill Country though.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,810 times
Lol and the Houston bashing continues. Some people may dislike Houston and thats ok but the city isn't boring.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:43 AM

198 posts, read 189,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Lol and the Houston bashing continues. Some people may dislike Houston and thats ok but the city isn't boring.
Honestly, there is no need to talk about "bashing" as it regards to those types of posts. The common person can see that those posts types of posts aren't worth the glance; the brain-cell loss would just be too severe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City