Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,587,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorholic View Post
What a worthless post, You are right about one thing, I am better off in Dallas away from people like you. You ignored to read and understand that I lived in LA for 30 years before moving to Dallas.
I ignored nothing.

You cited gangs as a problem. They are. I responded that Dallas have an even higher crime of rate.

You cited unemployment. Unemployment sucks here. I responded that TX has an even higher rate of poverty. I neglected to add its own unemployment rate has risen to a record high.

You stated you lived here for 30 years, cashed out, moved, and paid your debts. I responded by re-stating your own words: your financial condition is largely explained by the equity you gained from owing property in CA.

Please pardon me for being less than diplomatic when you’re trying to convince others how their lives suck by making huge generalizations based on your experiences and life decisions while conveniently omitting wild inconsistencies in your own story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 03:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,899,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
wild inconsistencies
Everything's bigger in Texas. So are these.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,924,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Everything's bigger in Texas. So are these.
LOL this is great.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:09 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,458,725 times
Quote:
I lived in LA for nearly 30yrs and will tell you first hand, its a dump! Horrible place to live and raise a family at, I laugh when I read how people say, there is so much to do jere with the beaches and mountains close by.lol

What about all the Gangs, foreclosures, unemployment rate? All of my family and friends are doing worst since I moved to Dallas four years ago. I was lucky and sold my LA home in 2007, Came to Dallas with 200k and paid of my home at a young age.

For those thinking in moving here, DO IT! There are more opportunity's to make money than SO-CAL.
The award for "Least Believable Post of the Day" goes to...^

Old 10-26-2011, 09:28 AM

13,825 posts, read 30,049,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
What's so unbelievable about it? Do you not know how cheap Dallas is?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 AM

113 posts, read 428,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Why is it so unbelievable? There are thousands of people who did the same. For the record, My debt in CA was my mortgage to respond to the "wild inconsistencies" post. You guys enjoy questioning my story and being a slave to your mortgages if you even have homes.

I stand by my original statement, There are more opportunities in Dallas to make money, make a living, raise a family, OWN a home in a better neighborhood without being rich. Don't believe these negative posters trying to keep you in the dump called so-cal.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
What's so unbelievable about it? Do you not know how cheap Dallas is?
Forgive me for teasing someone who despises LA, but I'm not buying that he owned a house here. At all.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Why is it so unbelievable? There are thousands of people who did the same. For the record, My debt in CA was my mortgage to respond to the "wild inconsistencies" post. You guys enjoy questioning my story and being a slave to your mortgages if you even have homes.

I stand by my original statement, There are more opportunities in Dallas to make money, make a living, raise a family, OWN a home in a better neighborhood without being rich. Don't believe these negative posters trying to keep you in the dump called so-cal.
Yeah, but you have to live in Dallas to do it.

There's a reason why Greater Los Angeles has a larger population than Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin's metros COMBINED. It's simply a far better city. Is it tougher to make it out here? Sure. Are more people willing to give it a shot as opposed to living in places like Dallas? You bet.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:28 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,587,724 times
Quote:

You might want to look up the definition of "negative", because repeatedly generalizing millions of other peoples' homes over a huge region as one gang-infested dump and gleefully mocking foreclosure and unemployment rates while ignoring the same in your own backyard is a ****-poor way of being positive.

You're original post is below. Assuming all that is accurate, you sold near the top of the market and took with you $200k gained from the CA real estate market. Instead of expressing a shred of humility for benefiting from that fortuitous windfall and saying you are happy with your decision and you have found more economic opportunity since moving, you went out of your way to deride everything in Southern California from the mountains, the beaches, the housing market, the crime, the unemployment, to the people.

If you lived here for 30 years, took a bunch of equity in 2007 and have already paid off your TX home at a "young age", you must have been very young when you purchased in CA, and you must have been doing well financially to have purchased when you did, especially at such a young age. One would think you'd be escatic you entered and exited this market when you did, or be gracious enough to at least acknowledge the oportunity provided by CA at that time. But, nope.

People happy with their decisions don't feel the need to convince other people their lives suck, especially by resorting to such massive generalizations. Seriously, what the hell dis you expect when this was read by people who are doing fairly well and love living here? I've been to TX more than enough times to know I never want to live there, but I feel no need convince Texans otherwise. In fact, I want them to stay put. The only reason I'm wasting time on this is because you are torturing objective criteria to justify your subjective opinion, which only insults the reader.

"I lived in LA for nearly 30yrs and will tell you first hand, its a dump! Horrible place to live and raise a family at, I laugh when I read how people say, there is so much to do jere with the beaches and mountains close by.lol

What about all the Gangs, foreclosures, unemployment rate? All of my family and friends are doing worst since I moved to Dallas four years ago. I was lucky and sold my LA home in 2007, Came to Dallas with 200k and paid of my home at a young age.

For those thinking in moving here, DO IT! There are more opportunity's to make money than SO-CAL."

Last edited by nslander; 10-26-2011 at 02:50 PM..

Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
You might want to look up the definition of "negative", because repeatedly generalizing millions of other peoples' homes over a huge region as one gang-infested dump and gleefully mocking foreclosure and unemployment rates while ignoring the same in your own backyard is a ****-poor way of being positive.

You're original post is below. Assuming all that is accurate, you sold near the top of the market and took with you $200k gained from the CA real estate market. Instead of expressing a shred of humility for benefiting from that fortuitous windfall and saying you are happy with your decision and you have found more economic opportunity since moving, you went out of your way to deride everything in Southern California from the mountains, the beaches, the housing market, the crime, the unemployment, to the people.

If you lived here for 30 years, took a bunch of equity in 2007 and have already paid off your TX home at a "young age", you must have been very young when you purchased in CA, and you must have been doing well financially to have purchased when you did, especially at such a young age. One would think you'd be escatic you entered and exited this market when you did, or be gracious enough to at least acknowledge the oportunity provided by CA at that time. But, nope.

People happy with their decisions don't feel the need to convince other people their lives suck, especially by resorting to such massive generalizations. Seriously, what the hell dis you expect when this was read by people who are doing fairly well and love living here? I've been to TX more than enough times to know I never want to live there, but I feel no need convince Texans otherwise. In fact, I want them to stay put. The only reason I'm wasting time on this is because you are torturing objective criteria to justify your subjective opinion, which only insults the reader.

"I lived in LA for nearly 30yrs and will tell you first hand, its a dump! Horrible place to live and raise a family at, I laugh when I read how people say, there is so much to do jere with the beaches and mountains close by.lol

For those thinking in moving here, DO IT! There are more opportunity's to make money than SO-CAL."
Yup, looks like Dallas took a real winner off our hands, haha...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City