Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one?
San Diego 32 65.31%
Miami 17 34.69%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 01:28 PM

41 posts, read 151,064 times

Advertisements

Which city do you prefer?

Better Weather?
Better Nighthlife?
Better Beaches?
Better Shopping?
Better Places to eat?

If you can think of other things to compare feel free to bring them up!

I prefer Miami because it's on the east coast.

Last edited by JMT; 05-26-2014 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: Please read the rules. No skyline comparisons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 09:36 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahGA View Post

Better Weather?
Better Nighthlife?
Better Beaches?
Better Shopping?
Better Places to eat?

Better Weather? San Diego
Better Nighthlife? Miami
Better Beaches?Miami, unless you like surfing than SD
Better Shopping? Miami
Better Places to eat? Honestly no clue, Miami has a really good food scene these days but I am sure San Diego's is good too.

Last edited by JMT; 05-26-2014 at 05:32 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 10:01 AM

1,640 posts, read 2,659,646 times
Quote:

Better Weather? San Diego. Miami is too humid, cloudy, and rainy for most of the year.
Better Nighthlife? San Diego. Miami's nightlife is very ghetto and most people don't even speak English.
Better Beaches? Miami for sunbathing and most water-related activities, save surfing. San Diego for breathtaking natural scenery.
Better Shopping? Miami, hands down. Between Lincoln Rd. Mall, Bal Harbour Shops, Coco Walk, et al., it's not even a contest. San Diego isn't particularly known for shopping.
Better Places to eat? Subjective. Miami has more variety, but other than Cuban food, I don't really care for Caribbean food. It's actually pretty disgusting, if you ask me. I prefer Mexican and Asian cuisine, so San Diego for me. Also, San Diego has better Italian food, IMO.

If you can think of other things to compare feel free to bring them up! Overall, San Diego is a much better place to live than Miami, esp. with regard to weather, scenery, culture, and people quality. IMO, San Diego makes Miami look like a ghetto third-world cesspool.

My responses in bold.

Last edited by JMT; 05-26-2014 at 05:32 AM..

Old 05-25-2014, 01:32 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,962,708 times
San Diego is better city to live in overall. Miami is a weird city. On one hand, the quality of life and extreme weather is more than enough to turn people off to the idea of living there, but when you look at the general criteria of what makes a great city, Miami can go toe-to-toe with any city outside of the big 5(LA, SF, NYC, Chicago, and DC).

Old 05-25-2014, 05:06 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
My responses in bold.
A Ghetto Third World Cesspool....

Glad some of the top clubs in the world like club Liv are Ghetto btw.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:07 AM

1,826 posts, read 2,497,712 times
I would take San Diego. It has pretty much the perfect climate year round. Never too hot and never too cold. Miami does have better nightlife though. I take San Diego for everything else. I'd rather visit Miami than actually live there.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:55 AM

533 posts, read 643,828 times
San Diego, for a better quality of life if I could afford living there. Relative proximity to many other major cities is also a huge plus

Old 05-27-2014, 01:08 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,914,527 times
Miami has its ghetto areas but there are some beautiful areas there too. Im from dade county so i don't mind the humidity and i guess all the tourist there don't mind it either.

Shopping miami has one of the best shopping scenes. Heck the Souths regional headquarters for LV is in miami

Man I prefer the white sanded beaches with the green water

Old 05-27-2014, 06:26 PM

6,568 posts, read 12,067,196 times
Quote:

Better Weather?
Better Nighthlife?
Better Beaches?
Better Shopping?
Better Places to eat?

Based on categories, Miami, for weather, nightlife, and beaches. For places to eat, its a tie: Cuban vs. Mexican food, both are really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City