Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:58 AM

708 posts, read 999,205 times

Advertisements

DONT GO ON
BANKHEAD
4 SEASONS
RIVERDALE
CASCADE
STANTON RD
CAMPBELTON RD
OLD NATIONAL HW
FLATSHOALS RD4
JOYLAND
EAST ATL. (certain areas)
College Park (COLLIPARK)
Definetly East Point.
And the bluff (PLAN yo funeral)
metropolitan
Westend
MLK
Pittsburgh (PITBURHH COMMUNITY)
South Downtown.
Lakewood,
Adamsville,
Mechanicsville
East side, Moreland Ave, Thomasville, 4seasons
lida valley. Decatur...Glenwood, Candler Rd., Gresham Rd, Columbia Dr
GREENBRIAR AREA...
SWATS (SOUTH WEST ATLANTA TOO STRONG
CLAYTON COUNTY (CLAY CO HOE) LMAOO

I KNOW ALOT MORE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,742,373 times
For Reference
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-08-2014 at 07:00 AM..

Old 08-04-2014, 01:30 PM

Damn I just realized how Dangerous ATL....I just saw a big fight near West End and Oakland City at least 30 people in the middle of the road

Old 08-04-2014, 09:51 PM

96 posts, read 252,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
DONT GO ON
BANKHEAD
4 SEASONS
RIVERDALE
CASCADE
STANTON RD
CAMPBELTON RD
OLD NATIONAL HW
FLATSHOALS RD4
JOYLAND
EAST ATL. (certain areas)
College Park (COLLIPARK)
Definetly East Point.
And the bluff (PLAN yo funeral)
metropolitan
Westend
MLK
Pittsburgh (PITBURHH COMMUNITY)
South Downtown.
Lakewood,
Adamsville,
Mechanicsville
East side, Moreland Ave, Thomasville, 4seasons
lida valley. Decatur...Glenwood, Candler Rd., Gresham Rd, Columbia Dr
GREENBRIAR AREA...
SWATS (SOUTH WEST ATLANTA TOO STRONG
CLAYTON COUNTY (CLAY CO HOE) LMAOO

I KNOW ALOT MORE...
I trust this guy over anybody, this is exactly how black people tell you its dangerous, by shouting and ratchet words. Move away from Atlanta. lol (I'm black also)

Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 PM

96 posts, read 252,373 times
My opinion if you moving to a ghetto, I would actually pick Atlanta. Chicago seems depressing... Alot of ghettos is depressing but Atlanta seems like a turn up type of place, compared to Chicago which just seems... Brown and depressing. Chicago does have a good downtown but Atlanta is safer, IMO.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:38 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,799,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Which of these areas would you consider to be better for low income residents. Base your answers on these criteria
Safety( Police Presence and crime rate)
Economy
Transit
Schools
Housing
You can include suburbs if you want. For Atlanta consider south of I20. For Chicago south of the loop.
I wouldn't live in either area personally due to safety concerns. But I'll try my hand at this list.

Safety: South Atlanta is better, relatively speaking.
Economy: South Atlanta is better, relative speaking. Atlanta vs. Chicago is a whole is probably a wash.
Transit: South Chicago is better.
Schools: No. Just no.
Housing: South Atlanta feels generally less decrepit, although south Chicago has some gems hidden here and there. Probably a tie.

Atlanta, south of I-20 and inside the Perimeter. I also extend out I-20 to almost the Austell area, as well as down I-75 into northern and central Clayton County. So "South Atlanta" has a large area, and much of it "ain't good."

Chicago, south of the loop generally. Exceptions are places like Hyde Park and the University of Chicago campus. Also a pretty large swath of real estate.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl33cat View Post
My opinion if you moving to a ghetto, I would actually pick Atlanta. Chicago seems depressing... Alot of ghettos is depressing but Atlanta seems like a turn up type of place, compared to Chicago which just seems... Brown and depressing. Chicago does have a good downtown but Atlanta is safer, IMO.
LOL....IM MIXED BUT....IF YOU GO TO ATLANTA IT'S TURNT...Just like if you watch all these ghetto shows in atlanta (Love and HipHop,Married to Meds,Bad Girls Club Atlanta,Real Housewives of Atlanta,T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle,The New Atlanta too many shows... But you see how the act and stuff they really do that...When some body talks shi--- they will fight they dont wait like 10-20 mins start to fight... they'll do it in seconds...and you can tell the people that's not from ATL because they friendly + if yall bout to fight they want to wait n argue instead of getting up and fight...I go to Chicago alot, I can say Chicago gangs are serious But they like to flash off weapons such as guns,pockets knives and etc.

But over the year Atlanta gangs are getting serious by atleast the months...you got kids having shootouts in schools and sometimes they dont even mention it, that it happened.
I seen:
GANGS TELLING THE POLICE "FU"
Shooting,robbing too much to say...

Old 08-05-2014, 11:01 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,687 times
I'll take anywhere in Atlanta over anywhere in Chicago. No way I'd ever live in that hell hole.

Another factor to consider to is that the city of Atlanta actually respects your 2nd Amendment Rights, meaning you can carry a gun for personal safety. Unlike Chicago which is an oppressive authoritarian ran city that is anti-freedom. You can't carry a gun there for your safety, but the criminals can. This is because they buy guns off the black market.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,398,943 times
Yep, that's what's relevant and believable with regards to this thread: Chicago is anti-freedom.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
I just don't get it.
I'm white & I have driven in or walked on foot in plenty of the neighborhoods or on the streets cited in that huge list of dangerous metro Atlanta areas presented earlier by thebigAtl. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to frequent them during the middle of the night but that's a moot point for me given that I'm not a night owl anyway.
If I have business in a place & act as if I have every right to be there & carry myself well, I know that I will be okay in most places.
That being said, I know how to be sensible, avoid obvious trouble & watch out for my personal safety as well as for that of others but I'm not one to take kindly to intimidation.
I've spent 35 years here & love to explore the city & the country & don't carry a weapon & am comfortable enough mixing with others such that I perhaps tread where others wouldn't. Perhaps it's rooted in what I'm used to & that being the only white person on a street or in a store or on a bus is not a threatening situation to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City