Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:28 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,387,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
^ It's always nice when your personal experiences (in this case: deep dish isn't very popular in Chicago except with tourists) line up with stats like this. Means yer not crazy!
And I love when people just make up stuff.

There have been no stats posted on whether Chicagoans like deep dish pizza. You made that up.

But we know Chicagoland does love deep dish pizza, because there are hundreds of deep dish pizzerias all over Chicagoland, the vast majority in places that have no tourists. Obviously those places would all be out of business if Chicagoans didn't eat deep dish pizza.

The fact that claimed Chicagoans are actually debating with me on whether or not Chicagoans eat deep dish pizza shows that people on C-D will argue anything, no matter how silly and pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 09:36 AM

404 posts, read 587,022 times
Chicago:

Philadelphia:

I rest my case

Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,547,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And I love when people just make up stuff.

There have been no stats posted on whether Chicagoans like deep dish pizza. You made that up.

But we know Chicagoland does love deep dish pizza, because there are hundreds of deep dish pizzerias all over Chicagoland, the vast majority in places that have no tourists. Obviously those places would all be out of business if Chicagoans didn't eat deep dish pizza.

The fact that claimed Chicagoans are actually debating with me on whether or not Chicagoans eat deep dish pizza shows that people on C-D will argue anything, no matter how silly and pointless.
The fact that someone with no experience in the region is debating people who actually live there and all the stats available is frankly embarassing (but par for the course when it comes to you).

Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM

8,634 posts, read 13,039,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner15 View Post
Chicago:

Philadelphia:

I rest my case
lol. That's your example of how Chicago cuisine if better then Philly? I see you're trying to compare tomato pie to Chicago deep dish pizza. Just in case you didn't know tomato pie and pizza are considered two different things in Philly. The idea that Chicago destroys Philly when it comes to Italian cuisine is laughable.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
lol. That's your example of how Chicago cuisine if better then Philly? I see you're trying to compare tomato pie to Chicago deep dish pizza. Just in case you didn't know tomato pie and pizza are considered two different things in Philly. The idea that Chicago destroys Philly when it comes to Italian cuisine is laughable.
Agreed with the first part (it was obviously a joke, though, Mr Sensitive), but disagree with the second - Chicago pizza is definitely superior overall to Philly pizza.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Agreed with the first part (it was obviously a joke, though, Mr Sensitive), but disagree with the second - Chicago pizza is definitely superior overall to Philly pizza.
Yet it's debatable whether or not Chicago deep dish pizza is real pizza to begin with?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Yet it's debatable whether or not Chicago deep dish pizza is real pizza to begin with?
Have you read a single word in this thread? It's a pizza that tourists eat. On average, over 9 out of 10 pizzas bought in Chicago are not deep dish, and it's not particularly popular with Chicagoans.

There is also a debate as to whether any pizza in New York is real pizza to begin with - ask any Italian.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Have you read a single word in this thread? It's a pizza that tourists eat. On average, over 9 out of 10 pizzas bought in Chicago are not deep dish, and it's not particularly popular with Chicagoans.

There is also a debate as to whether any pizza in New York is real pizza to begin with - ask any Italian.
So now you're going to disassociate deep dish pizza with Chicago? It's part of Chicago cuisine, so embrace it and don't run away from it. At least Philly locals are proud their cuisine and don't try to disassociate it from our city.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 10-08-2014 at 11:01 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 AM

SEPTA announces that weekend subway service is here to stay. That's great news for Philly as it continues to improve its 24-hour transportation service.

SEPTA overnight weekend service so popular it's staying

Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
So now you're going to disassociate deep dish pizza with Chicago? It's part of Chicago cuisine, so embrace it and don't run away from it. At least Philly locals are proud their cuisine and don't try to disassociate with our city.
I'm not from Chicago. However, none of my Chicago friends eat deep dish. They do, however, go completely nuts for pizza spots all over town. Actual Chicagoans on this thread have confirmed this is true, and a survey of takeout orders shows that only around 8-9% of pizzas are deep dish (and a good % of these are tourists and out-of-towners). You're not keeping up at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City