Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 07:50 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
I'm sure more ppl would rather live in Miami than NYC. That would be a nice thread poll as well. NYC vs Miami.
More people would rather live in NYC or the NYC area. That is not debatable, although I'm not surprised because you tend to say some silly things. Why do you think its a lot more expensive in the tri state area? Better schools, better public transit, job security, a lot more amenities and let's not forget the crime rate is a lot lower. Weather can only go so far and winters aren't so bad in NYC either.... It's not New England or upstate New York.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:51 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
If there is a city I'd leave Miami for it would be NYC. And I might just move there for 1-2 years. keep my townhouse here and live in Manhattan from May to November, and do Miami Beach the season as they say.

But it's no secret a lot of New Yorkers want to move here, I guess part of the reason is our weather. But there is many places with great weather, so it's some sort of combination of weather, beaches, and our city amenities. Even South Beach is laid out in a grid like fashion similar to Manhattan. Since I'm an iOS developer and fairly connected to iOS developers across the USA, I get so many emails from New Yorkers usually going like this : I make 150k in NYC, want to move to Miami what can I expect?

And I usually have to tell them, stay in NYC unless you're good enough to go remote for a company willing to pay you a comparable wage. Though tech is starting to kick off here, it has a long long way to go.
The scenery, the way women dress all year, the culture is why I'll take Miami over a lot of cities.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:52 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
More people would rather live in NYC or the NYC area. That is not debatable, although I'm not surprised because you tend to say some silly things. Why do you think its a lot more expensive in the tri state area? Better schools, better public transit, job security, a lot more amenities and let's not forget the crime rate is a lot lower. Weather can only go so far and winters aren't so bad in NYC either.... It's not New England or upstate New York. You seek confused.
Look this a opinionated site. I just gave my opinion no need to bash my opinion. NYC is nice. But I could not live there.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
There they have no choice, they need to be based in the same state as their corporation. Btw, they did a ranking of that and San Francisco had 526 not 5,460. New York City had 3,008. Go into the study I linked to in the OP to see.
Haha hey Sherlock, that's by city limits.

By metro area, the Bay Area has 5,460 such people which is the 4th largest concentration of UHNWIs in the world and Miami isnt even ranked.

Quote:
Haha nope, it's called coming here to play.
Yes, that's what secondary and retirement homes are for.

San Francisco: Primary City
Miami: Secondary City

I'm simply repeating what you already said. No need to be upset.

11,289 posts, read 26,186,261 times
boy this thread really hit the fan in grand fashion

Quote:
Look this a opinionated site. I just gave my opinion NYC is nice. But I could not live there.
Never said you couldn't state your opinion. It was just wrong, the most desirable places are the most expensive.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:55 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,150,672 times
Quote:
The scenery, the way women dress all year, the culture is why I'll take Miami over a lot of cities.
There are so many perfect looking women from all over the USA and the world. It can be intoxicating, I take it for granted though. When I go anywhere else, it's not "Miami women are so beautiful", it's "why are women in X so dumpy?" then I realize it's not so much that except that women here are just more beautiful. A lot come here to be models, etc.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Never said you couldn't state your opinion. It was just wrong, the most desirable places are the most expensive.
When it comes to luxury apartments, Miami is 10 most expensive in the world, along with Los Angeles, NYC, and San Francisco and also cities like Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. Remember the overall market for apartments is not the same. There is a thinner middle class in Miami than most US cities, even compared to Manhattan, we manage to have a smaller middle class.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
There are so many perfect looking women from all over the USA and the world. It can be intoxicating, I take it for granted though. When I go anywhere else, it's not "Miami women are so beautiful", it's "why are women in X so dumpy?" then I realize it's not so much that except that women here are just more beautiful. A lot come here to be models, etc.
The top modeling city in the world is NYC......

*crickets chirping*

If we're talking about the US. The second modeling city is Los Angeles...

Again *crickets*

Old 03-24-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
The top modeling city in the world is NYC......
It depends on what kind of modeling you're doing. Here is absolutely the best for swim suit modeling. But anyways it doesn't matter, I'm from Los Angeles and been to NYC more times than anyone non New Yorker, our women are more beautiful here. So something is going on.

Crickets Chirping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City