Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM

728 posts, read 974,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Nahh.. if you go to Maine or Vermont, you would know that they are extremely white.

Those are nice enough states, btw. Just not as much population, jobs, etc., there compared to the more southern New England states.
Funny thing is, VT and ME folks aren't as prejudiced as NH folks (for the most part).

Maine is known for being friendly for Black immigrants. Still White as heck though.

Note: Not voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 01:31 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,784 times
Why is Montana listed twice and Wyoming not listed at all? I think one of the Montanas is supposed to be Wyoming.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:56 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdana View Post
This list doesn't tell the entire story because of largere cities. It has PA at 78% white, when the 3 counties I spend most of my time in are over 97% white. Growing up in an area like this makes me appreciate places that actually are diverse. I love places like California and Arizona because of the huge diversity that I didn't grow up with.
That's how most states are. Atlanta is a very diverse metropolitan area, but check out the white population percentage for these counties in the north Georgia mountains:

97.7% - Towns County
97.1% - Fannin County
96.8% - Union County
96.0% - Dade County
95.7% - Pickens County
95.6% - Dawson County
95.1% - White County
94.4% - Lumpkin County
93.6% - Catoosa County
93.3% - Rabun County
93.0% - Walker County
92.3% - Gilmer County
91.7% - Banks County

For that matter, here are three non-mountain counties in Georgia that are at least 90% white:

94.4% - Brantley County
92.8% - Haralson County
89.8% - Glascock County

And though Georgia has a large black population, the only counties with a black majority or plurality that also have an Asian population of any consequence are Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton, all of which are part of the urban core of Atlanta.

Then there's Illinois, which is often cited as the state that most closely resembles the United States demographically, and yet, it has 70 counties that are at least 90% white, including four counties (Clahoun, Jasper, Scott, Shelby) that are whiter than the whitest county in Pennsylvania (Elk).

The demographic profile where you live isn't unique at all. For that matter, it's not even unique to the United States. You'll find the same thing in Canada and Europe. The difference is, rural and small-city Canadians and Europeans don't apologize for living around so many people who look like them.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:23 PM

650 posts, read 867,406 times
I live in Michigan, it doesn't feel that "white"

Old 04-09-2015, 03:46 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
That's how most states are. Atlanta is a very diverse metropolitan area, but check out the white population percentage for these counties in the north Georgia mountains:

97.7% - Towns County
97.1% - Fannin County
96.8% - Union County
96.0% - Dade County
95.7% - Pickens County
95.6% - Dawson County
95.1% - White County
94.4% - Lumpkin County
93.6% - Catoosa County
93.3% - Rabun County
93.0% - Walker County
92.3% - Gilmer County
91.7% - Banks County

For that matter, here are three non-mountain counties in Georgia that are at least 90% white:

94.4% - Brantley County
92.8% - Haralson County
89.8% - Glascock County

And though Georgia has a large black population, the only counties with a black majority or plurality that also have an Asian population of any consequence are Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton, all of which are part of the urban core of Atlanta.

Then there's Illinois, which is often cited as the state that most closely resembles the United States demographically, and yet, it has 70 counties that are at least 90% white, including four counties (Clahoun, Jasper, Scott, Shelby) that are whiter than the whitest county in Pennsylvania (Elk).

The demographic profile where you live isn't unique at all. For that matter, it's not even unique to the United States. You'll find the same thing in Canada and Europe. The difference is, rural and small-city Canadians and Europeans don't apologize for living around so many people who look like them.
Blacks have never been "mountain" people, look at West Virginia.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:00 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Blacks have never been "mountain" people, look at West Virginia.
I'm fully aware of that. The Appalachian Mountains is one of the whitest regions of the country. For whatever reason, it's just never been heavily settled by non-white people (my hypothesis is the lack of both agriculture and extensive transportation links). That's why Pittsburgh is the whitest metropolitan area with at least 1,000,000 in the United States, and Knoxville is the whitest metropolitan area with at least 500,000 population in the South. I was simply illustrating to the person I responded to that his situation is hardly unique, and there's no reason to have a pity party about it.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:38 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNative2891 View Post
Funny thing is, VT and ME folks aren't as prejudiced as NH folks (for the most part).

Maine is known for being friendly for Black immigrants. Still White as heck though.

Note: Not voting.
Interestingly, Maine, 2nd Whitest states in the nation, has the 2nd fastest growing Black populations in the USA. Idaho ranks #1 in that category. And when I mention fastest growing Black populations, I mean by percentage growth.

Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,219 times
I am single and white and my daughter is half black. I grew up in a black area and went to black schools. I was blamed for everything by every type of hateful pro-black, militant, anti-white, anti-European, muslim, black supremacist you can have possibly seen or not imagined. And the deluded defenders of such thinking are whites who grow up with whites seeing everyone everyday all the time being white and become self hating feeling sorry anti-white people apologizing and accommodating ignorant criminals merely for the sake of complexion. Well I have a black view and you folks can articulate and extrapolate till your blue in the face and still don't have a clue. Even my daugther fell into the group victim propaganda and has what she calls mentors. They're ignorant uneducated racist who found rage from reading a few thin revisionist propaganda race books and watching YouTube who fed on her fantasies and cultivated utter nonsense. I'm going to move from where I am and let "these people" continue to destroy wheI'm they live and segregate myself to a very white state. I really love black folks and see they're true beauty but many are to ignorant, arrogant and uncivilized even when they have an education and money they become even more racist then any other group I've encounted aside from muslims who want to be white. This is not my oppinion this is my first hand experience because I am still living in that place. The word "Diversity" is code for white genocide in they're click. Terrible uglyness is all around me 24/7. A portion of hispanics are coming into the "white flock" because they're not on the road of distruction. At least not the majority of them so that's just a matter of time. White people are not going away but we will whitten everyone else up and you'll love us for it. I already started. My daugther is gorgeous and doesn't like black men. How did that happen? Could be she experienced the disrespectful pimp tactics "they" generally us. Because pimp'n is easy live'n is hard. Big Dummies.... I'm going back to white. I feel as if Im spying. Everyone is really a confused screwed up primate trying to grab for somes nuts they can't crack. Except for mine.

Last edited by theweasel; 11-27-2017 at 03:24 AM..

Old 11-27-2017, 03:44 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,475,610 times
Kentucky is the only one on the top 10 I'd consider, and that's off the strength of Louisville and Lexington

Old 11-27-2017, 04:22 AM

5,464 posts, read 3,913,523 times
anything northern New England is probably better than where I live now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City