Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you live?
New Orleans 34 40.96%
San Antonio 49 59.04%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
New Orleans is more fun and a great place to visit... but I couldn't actually LIVE there.
Why? Just what is so unlivable about the ENTIRETY the NO area?

It seems like Chilly and I are the only Texans here that have any real knowledge of the place. The rest of you appear to be relying on stereotypes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 09:57 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,083,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post

It seems like Chilly and I are the only Texans here that have any real knowledge of the place. The rest of you appear to be relying on stereotypes.
As expected.

Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:

Didn't say it was "unlivable". But I'm personally just not attracted to the rest of the city (btw, I've been there TWICE) outside of downtown.

Crime rate does play a role into it as well.

And the "stereotypes" go both ways, as you can see just from the previous page...

Old 05-24-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Didn't say it was "unlivable". But I'm personally just not attracted to the rest of the city (btw, I've been there TWICE) outside of downtown.

And the "stereotypes" go both ways, as you can see just from the previous page...
Agreed but all I see is arguments proclaiming SA to be far more livable without much of an informed reason saying why.

Crime is a problem in Texas too. In no way is New Orleans significantly more dangerous for the average resident.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:13 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:

I don't see you saying anything about all these Louisiana posters going on about how San Antonio and Texas has no culture

Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:

No, we MUST acknowledge Nola as our perfect culturally superior swamp overlords. How dare you not rather live there than SA.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I don't see you saying anything about all these Louisiana posters going on about how San Antonio and Texas has no culture
Maybe I expect more from my fellow Texans. Louisiana is our kin afterall.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
San Antonio is a typical Sunbelt city. It isn't really unique. What is "different" about SA?

New Orleans is definitely unique, in ways good and bad.

So it comes down to whether you want a typical U.S. city, or perhaps the least typical U.S. city.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:37 PM

875 posts, read 1,660,850 times
I would rather live in New Orleans. I have no kids so the Garden District or living near the Fench Quarters would be ideal. For the surburbs, it would have to be some areas on the West Bank or Slidell. Both are family friendly but San Antonio is more on the conservative end. San Antonio also has very nice surburbs and a decent Tex-mex scene plus the entrainment options are plentiful (Six Flags, Sea World etc.), but I'm drawned to the culture and the way of living in New Orleans.

The core of New Orleans is far more impressive than anything San Antonio has to offer. Not saying there's no culture in San Antonio, trust me its there but New Orleans is on a different level and more my speed.

Last edited by llmrkc07; 05-24-2015 at 02:07 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 01:38 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
San Antonio is a typical Sunbelt city. It isn't really unique. What is "different" about SA?
And here we go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City