Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city to live in?
Las Vegas 60 41.38%
Miami 85 58.62%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:16 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You mean that dry area thats sprinkled and watered to make it lush and green, meanwhile wasting your precious little water? In a decade or so LA will look like LV due to water restrictions and flat out water bans. Enjoy your little greenery while you can. Soon CA will all be brown like Vegas.
Actually wasn't referring to just the plants. We do have naturally green hills. Sprinkled with dirt yeah, but our natural scenery is way greener than LV. We also have the blue of the ocean to our west. Natural LA had several rivers flowing through it before humans destroyed the environment.

I was referring to also the homes. Tons of different architectural styles with various colors built in various decades. Meanwhile nearly all of LV was built quite recently and all in the same exact style.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 10:36 AM

696 posts, read 1,169,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Sprinkled with dirt yeah, but our natural scenery is way greener than LV. We also have the blue of the ocean to our west. Natural LA had several rivers flowing through it before humans destroyed the environment.

I was referring to also the homes. Tons of different architectural styles with various colors built in various decades. Meanwhile nearly all of LV was built quite recently and all in the same exact style.
Sprinkled in dirt? The only reason Los Angeles appears to be greener is because of all the water they have used up to make it look green, by no way is Los Angeles naturally as green as you think. Not only are the rivers in LA destroyed but also the air in LA from all that traffic and pollution is also destroyed.

There are plenty of unique houses in Vegas too I don't know where you are visiting. Los Angeles unique houses cost an upward of $1 Million + just to live in a 2 bed 1 bath cot while in Vegas for $1 Million you can get a truly unique 5000+ Sq Foot house without all the chaos and air pollution of living in Los Angeles. Southern California INVENTED the cookie cutter houses you keep bashing LV about. You sure talk a lot , yet I highly doubt you live up to any of your claims (Living in West LA) why don't you stick to cities you actually have knowledge about example: St. Louis. and wake up from your fantasy world.

As for the people bashing Vegas outside of the strip, there is plenty of outdoor activities and shopping and things to do outside of the strip just like in any other city. People exaggerate how bad Vegas really is. Outside a few key areas in Miami life is no different as any other city you'll find in the US.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Sprinkled in dirt? The only reason Los Angeles appears to be greener is because of all the water they have used up to make it look green, by no way is Los Angeles naturally as green as you think. Not only are the rivers in LA destroyed but also the air in LA from all that traffic and pollution is also destroyed.

There are plenty of unique houses in Vegas too I don't know where you are visiting. Los Angeles unique houses cost an upward of $1 Million + just to live in a 2 bed 1 bath cot while in Vegas for $1 Million you can get a truly unique 5000+ Sq Foot house without all the chaos and air pollution of living in Los Angeles. Southern California INVENTED the cookie cutter houses you keep bashing LV about. You sure talk a lot , yet I highly doubt you live up to any of your claims (Living in West LA) why don't you stick to cities you actually have knowledge about example: St. Louis. and wake up from your fantasy world.

As for the people bashing Vegas outside of the strip, there is plenty of outdoor activities and shopping and things to do outside of the strip just like in any other city. People exaggerate how bad Vegas really is. Outside a few key areas in Miami life is no different as any other city you'll find in the US.
You are THE most delusional poster on here by far. I guess you've never been to LA. Ever heard of Angeles National Forest? Griffith Park? The entire Santa Monica Mountains have at least some type of shrubbery on them. And no, we don't water entire mountain ranges. Ever been to Big Bear? Lake Arrowhead? The mountains up there aren't artificially covered in trees, sorry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angeles_National_Forest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Be...ational_Forest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Monica_Mountains
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballona_Wetlands
And that's just a couple of the naturally green areas in LA

Just because I don't like your city you think I don't live in LA? You're insane dude. You probably also think Obama is Nigerian. I've lived my entire life in West LA. You need some history lessons, bud.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levitt...erican_culture

I also would never live in parts of LA suburbs that have LV style tract homes. Hence why I enjoy West LA and parts of Central LA.

The price of homes should say something about LV. Nobody wants to live there. They're cheap for a reason. Guess you don't understand the concept of supply/demand. But when you enjoy LV because it's "American" unlike Miami, I also assume you didn't make it that far into the world of education in order to study supply/demand. Or you would understand why places like LA, SF, NYC, etc. are expensive--people actually WANT to live there.

Tell me what areas out of the Strip are interesting. Miami has Brickell, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Aventura, Little Havana, and nice suburban downtowns all the way up the coast. Yes, they're the style of homes I dislike as well as you get into the further north suburbs, but at least the cities up there have some walkability to them and even a real beach next to them. Does LV have anything like Brickell? Coral Gables? Fort Lauderdale? No. It doesn't.

Last edited by jessemh431; 06-23-2015 at 11:32 AM..

Old 06-23-2015, 12:35 PM

538 posts, read 658,403 times
Miami and its not close, the global cities index says it all.

However, Vegas has Rashad Vaughn and Findlay Prep, one of the best high school sports programs in the country. The desert landscape is beautiful also.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:35 PM

35 posts, read 68,617 times
I love Cuban food so Miami wins in my book.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:25 PM

696 posts, read 1,169,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
You are THE most delusional poster on here by far. I guess you've never been to LA. Ever heard of Angeles National Forest? Griffith Park? The entire Santa Monica Mountains have at least some type of shrubbery on them. And no, we don't water entire mountain ranges. Ever been to Big Bear? Lake Arrowhead? The mountains up there aren't artificially covered in trees, sorry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angeles_National_Forest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Be...ational_Forest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Monica_Mountains
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballona_Wetlands
And that's just a couple of the naturally green areas in LA

Just because I don't like your city you think I don't live in LA? You're insane dude. You probably also think Obama is Nigerian. I've lived my entire life in West LA. You need some history lessons, bud.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levitt...erican_culture

I also would never live in parts of LA suburbs that have LV style tract homes. Hence why I enjoy West LA and parts of Central LA.

The price of homes should say something about LV. Nobody wants to live there. They're cheap for a reason. Guess you don't understand the concept of supply/demand. But when you enjoy LV because it's "American" unlike Miami, I also assume you didn't make it that far into the world of education in order to study supply/demand. Or you would understand why places like LA, SF, NYC, etc. are expensive--people actually WANT to live there.

Tell me what areas out of the Strip are interesting. Miami has Brickell, Miami Beach, Coral Gables, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Aventura, Little Havana, and nice suburban downtowns all the way up the coast. Yes, they're the style of homes I dislike as well as you get into the further north suburbs, but at least the cities up there have some walkability to them and even a real beach next to them. Does LV have anything like Brickell? Coral Gables? Fort Lauderdale? No. It doesn't.
Sure that explains Los Angeles's water deficit. Enjoy watering your lawn while you still have water left. Not only is Los Angeles an irrigated desert, it's also in the middle earth quake central, so I wouldn't get too comfortable if I was you. Oh, and having all those surroundings is nice, a nice get away to get away from all the air pollution and traffic I am sure you are smothered in every single day. I'm sure it's worth all those heavy gas prices you have to pay living in your 1 Million dollar + overpriced high in demand unique cot that you can't probably even afford. Oh and the taxes in Los Angeles... Ouch..

Funny you bring up supply and demand but don't bring up quality of life. New York is heavy in supply and demand but never would I pay those hefty prices just to live in a walk in closet. No thanks, I'll take 5000 Sq Foot House with clean air quality living and peace of mind over overpriced "don't get what you pay for" living any day. If you think the tract housing is bad in Vegas think of Southern California tract housing on steroids. The entire region of Southern California is one giant suburb. All the rest of America is built on suburbs I don't see why Las Vegas get's crucified for it ? Maybe because Las Vegas is truly growing and becoming something while other cities like Los Angeles people are rapidly moving out ?

You sure enjoy hating on the suburbs of Vegas however you bring up Coral Gables, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale and Aventura all of which are essentially suburbs of Miami ? I can bring up Henderson, Summerlin, Spring Valley, Green Valley, and Downtown Las Vegas so what's your point ? You clearly don't know Vegas very well because your mind is very 1 dimension in your posts, you're just a hater who has nothing better to do I think it's time you wake up and face reality to the fact that you live in St.Louis which is in the middle of no where and you're hate really stems from envy because deep down you do appreciate the beauty and surroundings and bang for your buck Vegas offers vs competing cities such as LA and MIA.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:30 PM

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahaha I'm done. You still think I live in St. Louis which proves you're a delusional human being. It's impossible to debate against stupidity. Bye

Old 06-24-2015, 01:49 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,042 times
^ Pretty sure it's a...person under a bridge. Nearly 100% certain. Best to ignore.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:59 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,760,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Sure that explains Los Angeles's water deficit. Enjoy watering your lawn while you still have water left. Not only is Los Angeles an irrigated desert, it's also in the middle earth quake central, so I wouldn't get too comfortable if I was you. Oh, and having all those surroundings is nice, a nice get away to get away from all the air pollution and traffic I am sure you are smothered in every single day. I'm sure it's worth all those heavy gas prices you have to pay living in your 1 Million dollar + overpriced high in demand unique cot that you can't probably even afford. Oh and the taxes in Los Angeles... Ouch..

Funny you bring up supply and demand but don't bring up quality of life. New York is heavy in supply and demand but never would I pay those hefty prices just to live in a walk in closet. No thanks, I'll take 5000 Sq Foot House with clean air quality living and peace of mind over overpriced "don't get what you pay for" living any day. If you think the tract housing is bad in Vegas think of Southern California tract housing on steroids. The entire region of Southern California is one giant suburb. All the rest of America is built on suburbs I don't see why Las Vegas get's crucified for it ? Maybe because Las Vegas is truly growing and becoming something while other cities like Los Angeles people are rapidly moving out ?

You sure enjoy hating on the suburbs of Vegas however you bring up Coral Gables, Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale and Aventura all of which are essentially suburbs of Miami ? I can bring up Henderson, Summerlin, Spring Valley, Green Valley, and Downtown Las Vegas so what's your point ? You clearly don't know Vegas very well because your mind is very 1 dimension in your posts, you're just a hater who has nothing better to do I think it's time you wake up and face reality to the fact that you live in St.Louis which is in the middle of no where and you're hate really stems from envy because deep down you do appreciate the beauty and surroundings and bang for your buck Vegas offers vs competing cities such as LA and MIA.
Weren't you in the California forums being completely civil and complimenting photos of LA the other week?

Old 06-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
Weren't you in the California forums being completely civil and complimenting photos of LA the other week?
Busteddddd. Just checked the LA Photos thread and yep, he liked the photos and even asked for MORE!

LV is so irrelevant to me, I have never once even entered the LV subforum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City