Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 10:03 AM

23,586 posts, read 44,338,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Portland ME or Burlington VT?
Portland for its seaside location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Lakeland, FL or Galveston, TX?
Galveston for its more historical feel. I always found Lakeland to be a snooze, despite the distinction of having the only Frank Lloyd Wright-designed college campus (Florida Southern).

Tybee Island, GA or Edisto Island, SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 10:04 AM

10,785 posts, read 23,961,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, yeah, the Dells are just a different version of the same vibe. I'd do Wisconsin too though.

Oh, DC's Takoma, because its DC. Philly has never done a thing for me.

Portland ME or Burlington VT?
Burlington, VT, nice lake and mountain views, vibrant college town, good food, close to Montreal. Looking forward to calling the area home soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Portland for its seaside location.

Galveston for its more historical feel. I always found Lakeland to be a snooze, despite the distinction of having the only Frank Lloyd Wright-designed college campus (Florida Southern).

Tybee Island, GA or Edisto Island, SC?
We both responded at the same time, so I'll go with Tybee. Never been to Savannah but it's up there on the bucket list, a nice beach to add to it at Tybee only compliments it.

Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO?

Old 01-28-2019, 10:18 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,587,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Burlington, VT, nice lake and mountain views, vibrant college town, good food, close to Montreal. Looking forward to calling the area home soon.

We both responded at the same time, so I'll go with Tybee. Never been to Savannah but it's up there on the bucket list, a nice beach to add to it at Tybee only compliments it.

Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO?
I like Denver better in a lot of ways, but I've got to go with Phoenix. Denver has gotten too expensive. Phoenix has a lot to offer and I could afford a much nicer home there.

Boston, MA or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 01-28-2019, 12:05 PM

14,367 posts, read 9,274,077 times
Quote:
I like Denver better in a lot of ways, but I've got to go with Phoenix. Denver has gotten too expensive. Phoenix has a lot to offer and I could afford a much nicer home there.

Boston, MA or Philadelphia, PA?
I moved from the former to the latter. I was dragged here kicking and screaming by my ex 36 years ago, but the place grew on me quickly.

There are still times when I miss Boston, but on the whole, I really would rather be in Philadelphia.

Minneapolis, Minn., or Kansas City, Mo.?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:05 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,210,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
I moved from the former to the latter. I was dragged here kicking and screaming by my ex 36 years ago, but the place grew on me quickly.

There are still times when I miss Boston, but on the whole, I really would rather be in Philadelphia.

Minneapolis. Though I could find happiness in either.

Sioux City, IA or Wichita, KS?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:05 PM

755 posts, read 580,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post

Minneapolis. Better metro area & more urban. Minneapolis is probably my 2nd favorite Midwest city after Chicago.

Hayward, CA or Stamford, CT?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:22 PM

647 posts, read 1,529,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Hayward, CA or Stamford, CT?
Hayward, CA. Better weather and I've already lived in NYC, so the Bay Area is a new experience.

Tucson, AZ or Oklahoma City, OK?

Old 01-28-2019, 02:13 PM

755 posts, read 580,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Hayward, CA. Better weather and I've already lived in NYC, so the Bay Area is a new experience.

Tucson, AZ or Oklahoma City, OK?
Tucson. I like Arizona much more than Oklahoma. Plus better scenery & less tornado prone area.

Columbia, MO or Columbia, TN?

Old 01-29-2019, 09:50 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,587,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Tucson. I like Arizona much more than Oklahoma. Plus better scenery & less tornado prone area.

Columbia, MO or Columbia, TN?
Columbia TN. It's not too far from Nashville.

Wilmington, NC or Mobile, AL?

Old 01-29-2019, 12:28 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,210,808 times
Quote:
Columbia TN. It's not too far from Nashville.

Wilmington, NC or Mobile, AL?
Wilmington. I shudder to think of living in Mobile.

Sioux City, IA or Wichita, KS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City