Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 08:55 AM

11,669 posts, read 18,002,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
Sorry, I accidentally cut in line.

Chicago.

Tucson, Ariz. or Reno, Nev.?
Reno, NV. The climate is better IMO and people are better off economically. Also, the Lake Tahoe area and the interior of Nevada is beautiful. I've been there.

Memphis, TN or Wenatchee, WA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:57 AM

7,061 posts, read 19,355,192 times
Reno. Close to Tahoe and not terribly far from better big cities (the Bay Area).

Eureka, CA vs Newburyport, MA?

Old 11-11-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Reno. Close to Tahoe and not terribly far from better big cities (the Bay Area).

Eureka, CA vs Newburyport, MA?
I already answered that one and said Reno.

I would choose Newburyport, MA over Eureka, CA.

Worcester, MA or Brunswick, GA?

Old 11-11-2015, 02:08 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,392,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I already answered that one and said Reno.

I would choose Newburyport, MA over Eureka, CA.

Worcester, MA or Brunswick, GA?
Brunswick, GA.. Halfway btw Savannah and Jacksonville. And Georgia is a beautiful state.

Charleston West Virginia or Lexington, KY ?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Brunswick, GA.. Halfway btw Savannah and Jacksonville. And Georgia is a beautiful state.

Charleston West Virginia or Lexington, KY ?
Charleston, WV. Beautiful area. I drove through it once.

Salinas, CA or Janesville, WI?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:35 PM

13,827 posts, read 30,007,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Charleston, WV. Beautiful area. I drove through it once.

Salinas, CA or Janesville, WI?
Ugh. Salinas.

Phoenix or St. Louis?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:47 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,482,699 times
Phoeinx. St. Louis is pretty cool I bet but it's a little too segregated for me.

Nashville or Milwaukee?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:16 PM

9 posts, read 7,535 times
Easy. Nashville.

Portland, OR or Burlington, VT?

Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,939,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySpark View Post
Easy. Nashville.

Portland, OR or Burlington, VT?
Hmmm... My initial response was an immediate Portland just based on the wildly divergent city's sizes and Burlington's ultra remote location, but doing a quick look around at Burlington (I've been to Vermont, but not Burlington) it looks to be one of those handful of at once settled yet progressive cities in a truly stunning setting with a welcoming and inspiring built environmont one can find in this country. A bit of Europe in Vermont.

At this stage of my life, mid-fifties, if I could live right downtown in a beautiful loft or cottage (modern or traditional) with a sweet garden, and most importantly, a handful (the more, the better) of super smart, inspiring and fun friends I think I could love Burlington. I'd like to hear from folks who live there or have and what their impressions are. As much as I'm a urban, city guy, I love visiting family and friends in Tahoe and Maine in the winter- I wonder if such a city would make up for those greater big city amenities?

Portland is also one of my favorite cities, but the thought of getting crunchy on a cold New England winter's night in such a city appeals to me, as well as its described beautiful and happening summers there.

I'd throw my coat in Burlington!

Missoula, MT or Oxford, MS?

Old 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,392,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Hmmm... My initial response was an immediate Portland just based on the wildly divergent city's sizes and Burlington's ultra remote location, but doing a quick look around at Burlington (I've been to Vermont, but not Burlington) it looks to be one of those handful of at once settled yet progressive cities in a truly stunning setting with a welcoming and inspiring built environmont one can find in this country. A bit of Europe in Vermont.

At this stage of my life, mid-fifties, if I could live right downtown in a beautiful loft or cottage (modern or traditional) with a sweet garden, and most importantly, a handful (the more, the better) of super smart, inspiring and fun friends I think I could love Burlington. I'd like to hear from folks who live there or have and what their impressions are. As much as I'm a urban, city guy, I love visiting family and friends in Tahoe and Maine in the winter- I wonder if such a city would make up for those greater big city amenities?

Portland is also one of my favorite cities, but the thought of getting crunchy on a cold New England winter's night in such a city appeals to me, as well as its described beautiful and happening summers there.

I'd throw my coat in Burlington!

Missoula, MT or Oxford, MS?
Oxford, MS... Home to good Ole Miss, Oxford is a great town, and it is much less isolated than Missoula.

Charlotte NC, or Richmond Virginia ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City