Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 08:44 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,193,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
By population it's Vegas, Austin, VA Beach, Providence, Louisville, Richmond, Hartford, Birmingham, Rochester, Grand Rapids, Tucson, and Honolulu (just seems like a nice city to end on)

Of those, if we're talking about where I'd want to live, I'd probably go with Vegas and Honolulu. I just like that they're different from what I'm used to.

There's already a pro team in Lexington
Lol, the Wildcats don't count. Though I do think they could take several "pro" teams like the Wolves and Sixers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:34 PM

580 posts, read 1,424,281 times
I would say Birmingham, AL and Louisville, KY. I know Kentucky would really support a basketball team.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:34 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,198,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
Probably the Tidewater X or the Hampton Roads X. Probably the latter as that's the name they're trying to make stick.

As for what the X could stand for, some possible names could be "The Colonials", "The Blackbeards" or "The Ironclads".

IDK.
Hampton Roads. Cool, I can see it!

Old 08-15-2015, 02:47 PM

636 posts, read 614,993 times
I doubt Hampton Roads will get a team since the seven cities can't seem to agree on anything, such as a deal to finance a stadium/arena. I could be wrong though.

Old 08-15-2015, 03:23 PM

867 posts, read 1,401,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA All Day View Post
I doubt Hampton Roads will get a team since the seven cities can't seem to agree on anything, such as a deal to finance a stadium/arena. I could be wrong though.
Why do "we" have to "agree" on financing a stadium, does that make any sense to you? VA Beach is building a stadium near their Oceanfront, sooooo...

Last edited by 757Cities Southsider; 08-15-2015 at 04:22 PM..

Old 08-15-2015, 03:47 PM

Sooooo come back and talk shyt when you actually get a team then.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Sooooo come back and talk shyt when you actually get a team then.
smh. What does talkin shyt have to do with not making any sense? Team or not the basis for your statements don't make any sense...like you just talkin to hear yourself talk...and because I said something about it...now its "talkin shyt"...nah that was you talkin nonsense.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:46 PM

First of all, I conceded in my original post that I COULD BE WRONG, but you had to take a smartass tone for no reason. And why is it nonsense? You really think VA Beach by itself is attractive for a pro team? Since the other cities could potentially reap the benefits of a team, why is it outlandish to think VA Beach might want them to share the costs of one as well? Lastly, your area is garbage in general, which is why I don't care to follow current events there.

And btw this is an internet forum. We're all here to "hear ourselves talk"to some degree, so miss me with that bullshyt.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:55 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,551,295 times
Again, a 20,000-seat arena's going to be built by the VB Convention Center at the Ocean Front. They're starting in a couple months. I've done research on the subject, and the only reason why NBA and NHL teams haven't moved the Hampton Roads is primarily the lack of a suitable venue.

Old 08-15-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
First of all, I conceded in my original post that I COULD BE WRONG, but you had to take a smartass tone for no reason. And why is it nonsense? You really think VA Beach by itself is attractive for a pro team? Since the other cities could potentially reap the benefits of a team, why is it outlandish to think VA Beach might want them to share the costs of one as well? Lastly, your area is garbage in general, which is why I don't care to follow current events there.

And btw this is an internet forum. We're all here to "hear ourselves talk"to some degree, so miss me with that bullshyt.
I asked you -WHY do we have to agree- and -did it make any SENSE to you-? If I wanted to be a smartarse I would've said something else...you just felt some type of way about it. VA Beach doesn't have to attract a team by itself...that is not the issue...you were talking about -building/not building an arena- that is a separate issue and something that they can do on their own...not that any other city was asked to or ever denied sharing the cost of this privately built arena. There is already a sports authority for that. But in your infinite wisdom you claimed the cities couldn't agree/and gave "a stadium" as an example. Saying you could be wrong could apply to whether or not a team is awarded or not...but I can see you just shooting ink now.

And while you may feel the area is garbage...that is your bizness...and doesnt mean shyt to me. But, youre speakin on it while not caring about it or keeping up with current events...which means you ARE just talking to hear yourself talk...just like I thought. Sounds like youre lashing out because you don't know what the hell youre talking about and I "challenged/inquired" your perspective. Nah, just cause YOU may do it doesn't mean everyone else talks just to hear themselves talk nonsense on internet forums...miss me with that dumbshyt.

Last edited by 757Cities Southsider; 08-15-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City