Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most prestigious
Los Angeles 114 44.36%
Chicago 39 15.18%
Washington, DC 44 17.12%
San Francisco 60 23.35%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:23 PM

36,693 posts, read 67,721,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estudiamos View Post
He had no response to the museums, musicians, actors, symphony orchestras, architecture, theaters, Emmys, Grammys, Oscars, landmarks, etc.

He's waived the white flag
Like I said: Chump Change.

Adults Employed in the Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Media Occupations, 2014
Los Angeles City 119,948 Median Earnings $50,050
San Francisco-Oakland UA 66,679...Median Earnings $50,938

Adults Employed in Computer, Engineering and Science Occupations, 2014
San Francisco-Oakland UA 194,104...Median Earnings $90,957
Los Angeles City 77,019...Median Earnings $62,264

Total Earnings in Computer, Engineering and Science Occupations, San Francisco-Oakland UA: $17.655 Billion

Total Earnings in Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Media Occupations, Los Angeles City: $6.003 Billion

You brag about an industry that is nothing more than a diversion from reality that doesnt reallly pay that much on average and is more of a drag on the local economy than a benefit.

Sorry, but I prefer my city to be dominated by good paying industries that give residents access to a higher QOL overall and thats what we see has happened.

This. Is what's happened.

Median Family Income with Children Under 18 Years of Age, 2014:
San Francisco-Oakland Urban Area $100,842
Los Angeles City $45,096

You guys seem content being servants to celebrities as to live vicariously through their Instagram posts. LOL.

Up north, we prefer to be upwardly mobile ourselves.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ambitious View Post
Those wealth-x stats are for the entire Bay Area and not just San Francisco by the way.
It doesnt matter. The LA MSA has 5 million more people anyway.

Quote:
LA has an many rich people as the Bay but it has way more working class people.
LA created this problem themselves.
Why San Francisco's way of doing business beat Los Angeles' - LA Times

Quote:
LA is sort of top heavy.
And so therefore LA cant be more working class, more gritty, have a lackluster urban core, then claim to simultaneously more 'prestigious' than SF, which by large measure, whether by city or msa or csa has it's sh*t together far more.

That logic does not add up.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:32 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,940,038 times
This thread has been reduced to an equivalent of bullying on a school yard. Impressive.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM

18 posts, read 12,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
You guys seem content being servants to celebrities as to live vicariously through their Instagram posts. LOL.

You're all talk. What will happen to you when the tech bubble bursts and your tech masters cut the leash. You strays will revert back to rioting in the streets of Oakland LOL. Spare me the upward mobility mumbo jumbo. Upward mobility my arse.

6 Bay Area Counties Shrink in Population - latimes

LA has a diversified economy that is resilient to busts. And SF is just another Guinea Pig science fair experiment about to go bust.

Our newspapers are more revered and prestigious than yours to thought you should know that

Old 11-11-2015, 09:46 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,740,333 times
I just want to know how Chicago got so many votes and how DC is so far behind.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:47 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,444,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Like I said: Chump Change.

Adults Employed in the Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Media Occupations, 2014
Los Angeles City 119,948 Median Earnings $50,050
San Francisco-Oakland UA 66,679...Median Earnings $50,938

Adults Employed in Computer, Engineering and Science Occupations, 2014
San Francisco-Oakland UA 194,104...Median Earnings $90,957
Los Angeles City 77,019...Median Earnings $62,264

Total Earnings in Computer, Engineering and Science Occupations, San Francisco-Oakland UA: $17.655 Billion

Total Earnings in Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Media Occupations, Los Angeles City: $6.003 Billion

You brag about an industry that is nothing more than a diversion from reality that doesnt reallly pay that much on average and is more of a drag on the local economy than a benefit.

Sorry, but I prefer my city to be dominated by good paying industries that give residents access to a higher QOL overall and thats what we see has happened.

This. Is what's happened.

Median Family Income with Children Under 18 Years of Age, 2014:
San Francisco-Oakland Urban Area $100,842
Los Angeles City $45,096

Lol

You live vicariously through coders. They're doing stuff.
You're on city dsta.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 PM

317 posts, read 380,039 times
Quote:
LAs in the most stimulating cities in the world

Los Angeles and New York City are in a constant battle over which can attract the world’s best artists. At the moment, it seems that LA is winning.

LA has slightly more than 56 art establishments for every 100,000 residents. Of course, LA also has a lot of tourism, which makes it possible for artists of all types of paintings, statues, performances, and other creative works to a larger audience.

The Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) also plays an important part of stimulating the imaginations of artists in LA. It constantly features works from some of the most innovative living artists. Of course, art masters who have passed away also get a chance to display work posthumously.

Read more at 6 Most Stimulating Cities in the World for Creative Minds

18montclpwned
Did you really just post something from a place called designyoutrust .com to prove a point? Lol what's that like your friend's blog or promotion website or something?

All of you guys aren't doing anybody a favor by keep on going on with this. Nobody else cares at this point if LA or SF is better than the other. Geez just admit you disagree and prefer one or the other and move on. It's all become a freak show to the rest of us by now.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:50 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,444,648 times
You do realize there's fsr more people employed in entertainment than sf. So that would drag down the medianm

Old 11-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
You're all talk. What will happen to you when the tech bubble bursts and your tech masters cut the leash. You strays will revert back to rioting in the streets of Oakland LOL. Spare me the upward mobility mumbo jumbo. Upward mobility my arse.

6 Bay Area Counties Shrink in Population - latimes

LA has a diversified economy that is resilient to busts. And SF is just another Guinea Pig science fair experiment about to go bust.

Our newspapers are more revered and prestigious than yours to thought you should know that
Haha your article is 12 years old. Thats LA for you.

Here is the most recent data.
3 Bay Area counties among fastest growing in state - SFGate

Old 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM

66 posts, read 71,879 times
Its my understanding that the financial sector in San Francisco was hit pretty hard by the recession, and that it was basically saved by San Jose due to the tech presence and proximity. Seems like revisionist history going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City