Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Overall, the best collection of cultural institutions and foundations in place?
Chicago 3 18.75%
San Francisco 1 6.25%
Toronto 0 0%
Washington D.C. 12 75.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 05:19 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,990,181 times

Advertisements

Just the city propers in this comparison, however if you have institutions in the suburbs or satellite cities, then it would be okay to include them as well. That is your call.

This is a hybrid subjective and objective thread. Meaning if you want to post some list that you think is a fact, then do so, but more than likely this one will foster more subjectivity.

Make a case for which city all around has the best cultural institutions. Art galleries, museums, exhibits, educational facilities, cultural centers, visitors centers, information centers, historical sites, longstanding traditions, values (religious institutions), events, festivals, urban city parks, all kinds of things like that. If it pertains to culture, then it belongs here.

Like I mentioned, this is a subjective thread. Meaning no right or wrong answers here. You can choose to take it an objective route, if you know how and what to use for that sort of thing, but really any opinion goes for this one.

I am making this topic to clear out the unneeded discussion in my other thread with these 4 cities. That thread is purely a statistical, informational, data driven, and objective one. No room for subjectivity and argument in there unless it is an argument over one objective statistics to that of another.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 03-06-2016 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Edited values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2016, 05:39 PM

37,266 posts, read 39,557,895 times
Visitors centers, information centers and values? Those are pretty neat.

Old 03-06-2016, 05:45 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,990,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Visitors centers, information centers and values? Those are pretty neat.
Yeah, some cities have really nice ones that leave an impression on people before they even get around to seeing the city. Provide them with information in regards to that city, like transit covered areas, the city's history, where to eat and shop, what areas have entertainment, what sort of people the city is influenced by, major accolades, big highlight points, stuff like that.

Chicago: Chicago Visitor Center | Choose Chicago

As for values, I suppose it is fair to clarify that. What I mean is that if you're a Buddhist, you value going to a temple. So that temple would be apart of your values. I suppose what I mean is the actual institution itself, not so much the two-dimensional belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City