Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,482,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
37. Paris

Once again, this one horrendously wrong placement ruins this ranking's credibility for me.

Paris ranks beneath Canada's 3 big cities and beneath Australia's 2 big cities.

I dont get it.
Yea, I'm not sure how it can move down that far. It's not a premier financial services center on the planet, but it's one of the tops in Europe. I would think it's Top 20 in the world at least.

In other news it sucks to see Washington DC moving up so much. It just means there's more & more government influence in our financial markets. Very unfortunate. I don't have a problem with DC as a city--in fact I really like it--but seeing it rise in influence in private sectors is disheartening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 11:45 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,289,122 times
As Chicago as my favorite city... i do want to note its RATING Still rose 3 points from last year. Just other cities continue to increase especially Asian and South American...... Some The drops have INTERNATIONAL aspects . Canadian cities rose nicely cities like, Toronto and Montréal also cities like Frankfurt, Dubai and in Rating levels.

I'm sure a Canadian thread will be started on this chart... Instead of comparing to Chicago. They can boast over it and will. And Give me a Canadian Flag saying.... That is why they Boast for Toronto.....

ALSO TO KEEP PERSPECTIVES. NYC ROSE IN RATING 3 POINTS AS CHICAGO.... SO in case some want to CLAIM MERELY CHICAGO'S FALL.... and London rose 12 points to take #1 from NYC

I certainly won't deny DC the rise... After all, it is the Nations Capital and Baltimore is being added to its MSA probably now? Maybe that factors in? not sure the scope of the Metropolitan areas covered? Or deny Toronto its rise. Canada's Largest city.

Last edited by steeps; 09-29-2015 at 11:58 AM..

Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,090,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
I certainly won't deny DC the rise... After all, it is the Nations Capital and Baltimore is being added to its MSA probably now? Maybe that factors in? not sure the scope of the Metropolitan areas covered? Or deny Toronto its rise. Canada's Largest city.
No it's not.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:44 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,289,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
No it's not.
I should have said CSA instead of MSA. Baltimore-Washington DC Metropolitan Area.....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltim...atistical_Area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City