Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Texas 183 49.73%
Colorado 185 50.27%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 02:57 PM

472 posts, read 432,055 times

Advertisements

Digging up an old but interesting thread

Cities: Texas takes it in terms of quantity but Colorado in terms of quality
Nature: Colorado
Culture: Texas
Weather: Colorado
Economy: Colorado takes per capita otherwise Texas
Progressiveness: Colorado

So that's 3 for Colorado and 1 for Texas with 2 unsettled based on how you look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 03:04 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,300,727 times
Cities: Texas
Nature: Texas
Weather: Texas
Economy: Texas
Progressiveness: Colorado (in terms of statewide political reach)

Old 06-08-2018, 03:45 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,552,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
Cities: Texas
Nature: Texas
Weather: Texas
Economy: Texas
Progressiveness: Colorado (in terms of statewide political reach)
I suppose it depends on what kind of nature you are after, but I like mountains.

I also like snow.

I also like skiing/climbing/hiking culture.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:44 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,861,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL63 View Post
based on its cities, nature, culture, weather, economy, progressiveness.
I was born and raised in Colorado but only come back for short visits frequently. I prefer a vast majority of states over Colorado. I prefer states over Texas also but the weather is great outside of summer and the cost of living is about half of Colorado when costs are averaged out.

Texas isn't my first choice but for the average-joe, working-class and middle-class it offers a lifestyle which will Colorado can't dream of competing with.

The arrogance of many Coloradoans despite being relatively polite is insufferable these days. Texans are blunt but there are more down to earth regular people there.

Colorado likely has the highest cost of living outside of the coastal areas. Much of Texas when everything averaged in is about half the price.

Cities: Texas wins by a wide margin. Texas has a wide selection of affordable cities with lots of variety.

Colorado cities tend to be decent but they are incredibly overrated.

I find San Antonio and Austin to be much cleaner cities than Colorado Springs or Denver. I haven't been in every city in Texas but they just a much more appealing to me.

Nature: Tie. I personally prefer the near year-round lushness and much of Texas, they have the Gulf of Mexico and the Hill Country is really nice and so lush.

Colorado has the Rocky Mountains and some nice scenery of course but it is so isolated from it's major cities.

Weather: Texas wins. Texas of course has a hot summer but the fall, winter, spring have very temperature weather on average with a few cold spells for a few days. One can choose the weather nine months out of the year they want in Texas from chilly weather near the Oklahoma border to a tropical winter in the South.

Colorado has a more moderate summer for three months which is nicer but the other 9 months it is very common to have very cold weather and snow with bitterly cold mornings. They do have a dozen or two very warm downslope wind days in the winter but usually it is followed by artic cold.

Economy: Colorado has lower unemployment rates but it is outlandishly expensive plus they have a bonus income tax and relatively high sales taxes.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:54 AM

4,394 posts, read 4,284,253 times
Texas lo of course. Much more variety. Colorado's great if you like hiking skiing and weed. However Texas has 4 major cities, beaches, some pretty nice hill country, great food, cool Spanish architecture, great music, and mild nm winters. Overall it's more my thing.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:02 PM

472 posts, read 432,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I was born and raised in Colorado but only come back for short visits frequently. I prefer a vast majority of states over Colorado. I prefer states over Texas also but the weather is great outside of summer and the cost of living is about half of Colorado when costs are averaged out.

Texas isn't my first choice but for the average-joe, working-class and middle-class it offers a lifestyle which will Colorado can't dream of competing with.

The arrogance of many Coloradoans despite being relatively polite is insufferable these days. Texans are blunt but there are more down to earth regular people there.

Colorado likely has the highest cost of living outside of the coastal areas. Much of Texas when everything averaged in is about half the price.

Cities: Texas wins by a wide margin. Texas has a wide selection of affordable cities with lots of variety.

Colorado cities tend to be decent but they are incredibly overrated.

I find San Antonio and Austin to be much cleaner cities than Colorado Springs or Denver. I haven't been in every city in Texas but they just a much more appealing to me.

Nature: Tie. I personally prefer the near year-round lushness and much of Texas, they have the Gulf of Mexico and the Hill Country is really nice and so lush.

Colorado has the Rocky Mountains and some nice scenery of course but it is so isolated from it's major cities.

Weather: Texas wins. Texas of course has a hot summer but the fall, winter, spring have very temperature weather on average with a few cold spells for a few days. One can choose the weather nine months out of the year they want in Texas from chilly weather near the Oklahoma border to a tropical winter in the South.

Colorado has a more moderate summer for three months which is nicer but the other 9 months it is very common to have very cold weather and snow with bitterly cold mornings. They do have a dozen or two very warm downslope wind days in the winter but usually it is followed by artic cold.

Economy: Colorado has lower unemployment rates but it is outlandishly expensive plus they have a bonus income tax and relatively high sales taxes.

Year round lushness? You make it sound like it's Seattle

Hill country is relatively nice compared to the rest of boring Texas but otherwise there are trails that are much better in Colorado.

Gulf of Mexico? It's a giant toilet where people only get in to the waters to pee. Heck, I have had visitors from third world countries who refuse to go on those beaches.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:08 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Dallas and Houston have suburbs larger than Denver. Texas all day.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:15 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Yes, but Denver is BETTER than dallas or houston! And Denver also has large burbs! Heck, Aurora is huge!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Yes, but Denver is BETTER than dallas or houston! And Denver also has large burbs! Heck, Aurora is huge!

Brother, Dallas and Houston have larger burbs than even the city of Denver. Both cities are actully larger than Connecticut so back off on your Denver and Aurora are big. Not even close to either Texascity.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackin12 View Post
Damn...You're a texan but you heavily prefer Colorado Explain
He's what we would classify asa phony Texan or someone who couldnt' get into Texas. Houston over Denver all day!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City