Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 10:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,923,394 times

Advertisements

Cleveland got this one over Kansas City- better downtown, cooler and more established neighborhoods and better transit

Old 04-29-2016, 12:13 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
You don't get it. How can you count Mizzou and KU when Ohio State and Toledo were never mentioned as Cleveland universities? Maybe Cleveland has better options within its city than we do?

While there are lakes and places of recreation in KC, our water recreation still does not compare to Cleveland.

Maybe, just maybe there are some things other cities do better?
It's obvious he's never been outside of KC

Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Cleveland got this one over Kansas City- better downtown, cooler and more established neighborhoods and better transit
And better restaurants and better beer and better architecture and better cultural amenities and a better skyline, and better park system and better recreational opportunities...and it's also closer to other great cities like Chicago, Philly, NYC, Boston, DC, and the entire East Coast.

KC has better sports though. And more freeways, more sprawl.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:32 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
And better restaurants and better beer and better architecture and better cultural amenities and a better skyline, and better park system and better recreational opportunities...and it's also closer to other great cities like Chicago, Philly, NYC, Boston, DC, and the entire East Coast.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:48 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope and nope...yes, who cares, maybe, and nope.

Old 04-29-2016, 12:49 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.davis View Post
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope and nope...yes, who cares, maybe, and nope.
Your "nopes" are meaningless.

Several posts in this thread have demonstrated how Cleveland has better architecture, better parks, and better recreational opportunities. There is no objective argument that would conclude that KC has a better skyline than Cleveland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_in_Cleveland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...City,_Missouri

As far as I'm concerned, for discussions other than those I'm actively engaged in, my answer is "nope" when I consider whether I value your opinion on anything.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:25 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Your "nopes" are meaningless.

Several posts in this thread have demonstrated how Cleveland has better architecture, better parks, and better recreational opportunities. There is no objective argument that would conclude that KC has a better skyline than Cleveland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_in_Cleveland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...City,_Missouri

As far as I'm concerned, for discussions other than those I'm actively engaged in, my answer is "nope" when I consider whether I value your opinion on anything.
The KC skyline pic on the wiki does look a good bit better than the pic on the Cleveland skyline wiki. It looks a lot fuller and cohesive. Also helps that the sky doesn't look so dreary.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:27 PM

166 posts, read 157,986 times
NOTHING in this thread has demonstrated that Cleveland has anything on KC.
The only thing demonstrated so far is that CLE has the lake - for whatever that's worth.

1) The main FACT is that CLE is hemorrhaging people, both city and metro - there's a reason for that.
The locals that aren't internet homers are leaving in droves and never coming back.

2) The Kansas City region is arguably the fastest growing major metro in the midwest.
There's a reason for that - KC is a great place to live with a QOL 2nd to none in the midwest.

3) Downtown KC has demonstratively better qualities than downtown CLE
More residents (KC has 22,000+,CLE has 11,693)
Better and more amenities (World class grocery and P&L District)
KC has 9 new hotels rehab or new construction
KC has 3,000 new apartments under rehab or new construction and 3,000+ more ready to start
New Streetcar Line downtown
KC has had $6 billion in public and private investment downtown over the last 10 years.

4) The Plaza District hands down is infinitely better than any neighborhood CLE has to offer.

5) KC = warmer, more sunbelt, high-tech growing economy and metro

6) CLE = cold, snowy, rust belt economy, lackluster and losing population metro

Old 04-29-2016, 01:43 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Well that post above just about seals it. If that's pretty much the best of what there is for KC, then Cleveland sounds like an overall better place.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:01 PM

166 posts, read 157,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well that post above just about seals it. If that's pretty much the best of what there is for KC, then Cleveland sounds like an overall better place.
As we see, facts just do not matter to you.
It's great that you're loyal and not moving out of CLE.
Enjoy your lake and snow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City