Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 08:01 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,395,968 times

Advertisements

Ok. I don't care if it is 'known' or not. I like it. I don't need validation from other people for my preferences and opinions.

I will point out one last time that you compared Greenville SC to the small town of Rocky Mount NC. I think that you 'jumped the shark' with this comment.

you say Gville is this small boring city yet you can't seem to move on to another topic. I would never talk about small boring towns. I talk about things that I like.

if I am a Greenville booster and foamer, so what? what is the worst that could happen as the result of my 'foaming'. i can just as easily accuse you of being a Bronx foamer. it is a pointless accusation.

my original comment, that you took exception to, was to suggest Greenville as a small / medium sized city with an urban downtown on a thread with that topic. that does not seem to be 'foaming'. feel free to disagree with it.

adios

Last edited by ClemVegas; 08-08-2016 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Greenville isn't even known by most of the country...
Exactly!!! So with that being said, why even pit it against the Bronx, which is basically just pitting it against NYC?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:26 AM

Gville is known well enough given its high growth rate, higher than most metroes in the country. i wish it was less 'known' so traffic will not get worse. i do not see the appeal of overpopulated areas like the Bronx.

nonscene, who has never been to Greenville given his odd comparison of it to a small town in NC, cannot know how 'known' Gville is by people in other parts of the country. how does he know if he has never talked to everybody or a majority of people in the country.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,563,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallect View Post
Exactly!!! So with that being said, why even pit it against the Bronx, which is basically just pitting it against NYC?
Because some people think that Greenville offers all of the amenities of cities that are larger. Some people think Greenville is a popular city. Some people think Greenville is an actual city with LOTS and LOTS of things to do. Greenville, SC = Rocky Mount-Tarboro, NC.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Gville is known well enough given its high growth rate, higher than most metroes in the country. i wish it was less 'known' so traffic will not get worse. i do not see the appeal of overpopulated areas like the Bronx.

nonscene, who has never been to Greenville given his odd comparison of it to a small town in NC, cannot know how 'known' Gville is by people in other parts of the country. how does he know if he has never talked to everybody or a majority of people in the country.
When people think of South Carolina, they think of Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia before Greenville even gets thought of unless they are from, Greenville. You boost Greenville up like it's a major city. It's not even a minor city it's mayberry.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:36 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Because some people think that Greenville offers all of the amenities of cities that are larger. Some people think Greenville is a popular city. Some people think Greenville is an actual city with LOTS and LOTS of things to do. Greenville, SC = Rocky Mount-Tarboro, NC.
So basically, you have an ax to grind against Simpsonvillian.

And no, Greenville isn't the SC equivalent of Rocky Mount//Tarboro; that's silly. It's a peer city of Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So basically, you have an ax to grind against Simpsonvillian.

And no, Greenville isn't the SC equivalent of Rocky Mount//Tarboro; that's silly. It's a peer city of Greensboro and Winston-Salem.
Greenville and Rocky Mount have about the same population... 56K for Rocky Mount and 61K for Greenville.

Greenboro, NC and Winston-Salem are both over 230K.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:44 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Greenville and Rocky Mount have about the same population... 56K for Rocky Mount and 61K for Greenville.

Greenboro, NC and Winston-Salem are both over 230K.
So you think Raleigh and Atlanta are peer cities? You think Charlotte and San Francisco are peer cities?

Municipal population is pretty irrelevant here; look at metro populations.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
When people think of South Carolina, they think of Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia before Greenville even gets thought of unless they are from, Greenville. You boost Greenville up like it's a major city. It's not even a minor city it's mayberry.
i think you must be a teenager.

i have never boosted up Greenville as being like NYC. i don't like overpopulated cities and metroes.

my first comment about Greenville that set you off is I said it has a urban downtown for a small/medium sized city, not a large city. you seem confused. you disagreed with this strongly even though you have obviusly never been to Greenville. Mount Airy in NC (Mayberry) ' is like a 3 stoplight town.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So you think Raleigh and Atlanta are peer cities? YES

You think Charlotte and San Francisco are peer cities?

NO, only because San Francisco is more important in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City