Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .
Atlanta 56 27.32%
Denver 36 17.56%
Houston 53 25.85%
Philly 60 29.27%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 03:59 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Wait... Isn't that what you said? You can't make up your own definitions of words lol. Also every statistic posted puts both cities in the same class in terms of international influence. If you can't see that you are blinded by ignorance. 180k immigrants live in Philadelphia. That is multiple times more than Atlanta. Atlanta's tourism numbers are bolstered by the massive trade shows that occur there. There's nothing wrong with that, the city is in a prime logistical spot. People come to Philadelphia to see the city for the most part and see where America was born. Also why did you act like that comment you had to quote twice was to you personally? It obviously was not. You don't even have the stereotypes right. Philadelphians are famous for putting down their own city.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/014...g?v=1472247005

Eagles fans are probably the most self loathing people on earth lol.
People also come to Philadelphia for some pretty large trade shows and conventions...it's no slouch in that area either, so the numbers are bolstered by that there too. Atlanta has one of the largest convention centers in the nation but also attracts a good number of plain old tourists too. Othello mentioned some of the reasons other than just seeing the city - festivals, music shows, Broadway touring shows and other live theater, museum touring exhibits, annual and local sports events, and gobs of other things that are not conventions. Atlanta does offer some pretty good tourist attractions, and although I don't put it on Philly's level because of the historical attractions offered there Atlanta does have enough redeeming, interesting offerings to attract tourists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 01:35 AM

650 posts, read 868,222 times
Houston.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:54 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello Is Here View Post
Atlanta has more of an international presence than Philly.Its not on the level of like Miami,LA or NYC but judging by facts like international over night visitation and percentage of transplants and immigrant population Its not even close.
International travel of overnight visitors in Philly has not in several years while Atlanta has posted major gains since the recessions.Its market share is considerably higher than Philly and is growing much faster
Let me parachute into this swamp.

International visitors? Or People who are connecting flights in city X?

What is it really?

Lets Go With Philly On This One.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8353/2...da4487b8_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8819/2...acfc69f1_b.jpg

Last edited by rainrock; 09-05-2016 at 07:57 PM..

Old 09-05-2016, 06:55 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheclouds1 View Post
I'm really surprised that Denver is in last place in this poll.
My only guess is the cost of living is getting too high.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:25 PM

313 posts, read 337,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post

What is it really?

I hope you don't get offended if I just add 1 link to your post .

https://flic.kr/p/LSLAG1

Old 09-11-2016, 11:12 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Philly got this one over Houston, Denver and Atlanta: better downtown, culture, food and history

Old 09-11-2016, 09:46 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:

What is it really?
Oh, give me a break. You are certainly more intelligent than having to embarrass yourself regurgitating this tired fifth grade myth.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:01 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,429,878 times
Quote:

What is it really?

Did you read the link?Its "overnight visitation" and has NOTHING to do with connecting flights considering that the numbers dont add up to be connecting flights.Give it a rest.You are wrong.Philly wins in urbanity,history and culture which could be subjective even though most agree,yet you still cant accept simple facts that show an Atlanta leading.
And only One of your irrelevant links work.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 AM

1 posts, read 921 times
Denver And Atlanta Are Relative In Size To One Another, But Do Not Compare Or Compete With Philly Or Houston. Philly Simply Boasts East Coast Living. People Living On Top Of One Another And Everything Always So Stacked Up And Congested. Houston Is It. Has Been And Will Continue To Be. I Can See Most Who Have Posted Either Haven't Been Or Simply Haven't Explored H-Town.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:17 AM

159 posts, read 269,593 times
Weather: Atlanta, Denver, Philly, Houston (Sort of a preference but this is how I feel)
PT: Philly.....Atlanta, Denver, Houston
Nightlife: Atlanta, Houston, Philly, Denver
Activities: Philly, Denver=Atlanta, Houston
Culture: Philly, Houston, Atlanta = Denver
Cultural Amenities: Philly, Atlanta, Denver = Houston
Economy: Houston, Denver, Atlanta, Philly (sort of depends on what job field you are in though)
Downtown: Philly, Atlanta=Denver, Houston
Surrounding Nature: Atlanta, Denver, Philly, Houston (Justification, Denver's east side is flat brown and boring while the west side has steep mountains, Atlanta is hilly and green all around)

I Voted for Atlanta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City