Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 77 22.92%
New York City 231 68.75%
Equal 28 8.33%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:54 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Who? ASAP ANT and Noe two Baltimore artist that actually gained a following outside of Baltimore since Baltimore has pretty much been an ignored city in hip hop history.

Um no just ASAP ROCkY was influenced by Houston and if that’s the case why didn’t ASAP ANT join a Houston crew or ATL crew since according to you, should be southern influenced?

You tried boasting about Offset and Cardi B being engaged which has nothing to do with rap but are telling me Snoop isn’t a rapper? Stick to the point and I’ll stick to the point in return.

Tekashi 69 is a billboard artist with over hundreds of millions of views in his videos and the fact that he’s from the east coast lets me know he in facts gets play in BMore.

I’d like to know who you are cause you love speaking for Baltimore people based off your personal hating opinions lmao.
Download tune-in app on your phone and listen to our hip-hop station. You'll hear it if they play it. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make it a hater. NYC rap fell all the way off. Nothing but one hit wonders are coming from this New School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:57 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Touche' on the Jayz Beyonce point, I like how you spun that one around on me.

Cardi B's single, Bodak Yellow, is an ode to Kodak Black's No Flockin. Her song was without a doubt influenced by the south. None if that can be denied.
my Jay Z comment wasn’t a point but just a point to show how weird your point about Offset is.

Cardi B was influenced by No Flocking to make the hook of Bodak Yellow, but where on any verse does Cardi B sound southern? The beat of the song doesn’t even sound like No Flocking lol. Stop being thirsty Kodeblue.

Plus Kodak is from Florida not Atlanta so your point?

You still haven’t named me a list of artist from these so called cities and have been talking about everything else.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
A boogie. Don Q, Dave East, Young MA, Cardi B, Niki are influenced by southern artist?

Show me the proof.

KodeBlue everyone on this forum knows your style of typing. When you can’t prove your point, you stoop low and talk nonsense and even go as far as to change the topic of the forum even though that isn’t helping you.

My only issue with you is that you will literally argue with your nonsense. Wouldn’t your online life be easier if you could prove your opinions? Smh lol
How do I stoop low? I don't name call, I don't do personal attacks, so what, in your definition, is stooping low?

To you, a New Yorker, arguing against NYC is nonsense, so you're opinion is one of subjectivity.

Last edited by KodeBlue; 02-28-2018 at 01:18 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Download tune-in app on your phone and listen to our hip-hop station. You'll hear it if they play it. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make it a hater. NYC rap fell all the way off. Nothing but one hit wonders are coming from this New School.
You said he gets no play so why is this Baltimore artist freestyling over the beat?

https://youtu.be/z0WiC-gvu1c

And once again to your last sentence my list of NYC rappers emerging proves you wrong. So we can go on about this all day if you want haha.

Plus is contradicts that imaginary list you made. Lol

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 02-28-2018 at 01:20 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
How do I stop low? I don't name call, I don't do personal attacks, so what, in your definition, is stooping low?

To you, a New Yorker, arguing against NYC is nonsense, so you're opinion is one of subjectivity.
It’s not subjective cause every emerging nyc rapper I named is known globallly and nationally. It would be laughable to even debate that.

Plus you constantly go off topic and bring up weird things like Offset dating Cardi or 69 repping Bloods which has nothing to do with the topic.

I’m a realist and know NYc was dead in 03-2011 but NYC rap has emerged and you seem salty about it hence all the excuses you’re making instead of accepting the fact that every artist I named is NY

Plus you haven’t named the rappers on that hilarious list you made. (Anyone can make a list but show proof)

Old 02-28-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
It’s not subjective cause every emerging nyc rapper I named is known globallly and nationally. It would be laughable to even debate that.

Plus you constantly go off topic and bring up weird things like Offset dating Cardi or 69 repping Bloods which has nothing to do with the topic.

I’m a realist and know NYc was dead in 03-2011 but NYC rap has emerged and you seem salty about it hence all the excuses you aren’t making instead of accepting the fact that every artist I named is NY

Plus you haven’t named the rappers on that hilarious list you made. (Anyone can make a list but show proof)
That's not off topic, the man is repping blood in his music video. Post the song without the video if you don't want me to say something about what I see in his music video.

Cardi B rapped about her relationship with Offset. Again, how is that off topic?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:26 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
It’s not about Tekashi being the new face of NYC hip hop, it’s about him being from NYC and making a global buzz proving haters like Kodeblue wrong who have this rule that NYC artist can’t be hot outside of the city

I never understood why NY artist have to look a certain way to be taken serious, yet people like Trinidad James is well accepted in the south and for southern music. Or people like Lil Yatchy and Lil Uzi Vert!

I respect that tekashi has his own style and if you read about his life before the FAME you’d probably respect him much more. The only weird thing about him is his colorful hair and that’s about it.
To be fair, I think there are some valid criticisms of Tekashi. I like some of his songs and they're fun, but he's a little one dimensional. And his persona is annoying, how he's always running his mouth on social media.

But he's definitely relevant now, and his popularity goes beyond New York. And to my understanding he was actually popular in Eastern Europe before he blew up in the US with Gummo.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
That's not off topic, the man is repping blood in his music video. Post the song without the video if you don't want me to say something about what I see in his music video.

Cardi B rapped about her relationship with Offset. Again, how is that off topic?
It’s off topic since it has absolutely nothing to do with “Whose on top of Hip Hop now” and that contradicts your Atlanta craze since ATL rappers do the exact same thing!

And again Cardi B dating Offset has absolutely nothing to do with “whose on top of hip hop right now” lol.

You kept mentioning it as if it were some sort of point for Atlanta. I’m still lost by why that’s important?

Old 02-28-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
To be fair, I think there are some valid criticisms of Tekashi. I like some of his songs and they're fun, but he's a little one dimensional. And his persona is annoying, how he's always running his mouth on social media.

But he's definitely relevant now, and his popularity goes beyond New York. And to my understanding he was actually popular in Eastern Europe before he blew up in the US with Gummo.
Yes correct he was very popular in Eastern Europe before NYC!

And yes he does run his mouth too much lmao!

Old 02-28-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
It’s off topic since it has absolutely nothing to do with “Whose on top of Hip Hop now” and that contradicts your Atlanta craze since ATL rappers do the exact same thing!

And again Cardi B dating Offset has absolutely nothing to do with “whose on top of hip hop right now” lol.

You kept mentioning it as if it were some sort of point for Atlanta. I’m still lost by why that’s important?
She rapped about it. So, we can't talk about what people rap about,we can't talk about their videos, we can't talk about the obvious influences in there music and videos, so what's left to discuss?

You make a post in thread without mentioning any of the above. Atlanta is on top, and has been so for over a decade... NYC having overtaken Atlanta for the crown is laughable. That's my argument.

I'll be honest with you: NYC rap is seen as corny, and unrelatable in this day and age. That's why artist from there rarely make it anymore. Most people don't want to hear what NY rappers have to say anymore. This isn't the 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City