Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More famous for hip hop?
Atlanta 77 22.92%
New York City 231 68.75%
Equal 28 8.33%
Voters: 336. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Can you provide a list of the so called hot artist coming from the cities you claim are so ahead vs NYC in hip hop?

I’m just having fun with you because it’s amusing to me how you can’t even back up your claims lol.

The radio and Tv mean nothing. What matters is the followings and the billboards.

Every artist I named for NYC have miilions of followed on IG and made it to the billboards. Plain and simple! Who still listens to the radio? And come to think about the Breakfast Club in NYC is the most popular station. More popular than any radio station in the south.
I do think there's a strong correlation between radio airplay and popularity, but him saying "I don't hear X" doesn't mean anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Still no list but a bunch of excuses instead. It seems that the more I ask you to prove your point you just repeat a paragraph that avoids the question lol. All you have to do is name 5 per city or else you are just talking.

Trust me if NYC was corny and played out, there would be no way I’d be able to easily make a list with artist that each have millions in following and too billboard bits who are known outside the city.

I think Baltimore fits the bill as a “corny” city as far as Hip Hop is concerned.
You want 5 per city, LMAO. You better start Googling then.

Alright. You see one thing, the rest of the country proves otherwise. We don't care about NY hiphop anymore. New Yorkers don't care about it either, you know, since they've been copying the South's style of rap to get their billboard hits and Instagram followers..

Baltimore is far from corny, but it isn't well known for Hip-hop. King Los will rap circles around anybody coming out of NYC.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Kodeblue is just too salty at this point. Comes from a city that has never produced any success in hip hop and can’t even defend the region he tries so hard to be from lol.

Can’t even 10 emerging artist from an entire region to back up his claim haha!
I don't have yo defend the southern hip hop, it's literally everywhere.

I don't have to try to be from somewhere that I was literally born and raised in... You're not making sense anymore.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:29 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,401,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
You want 5 per city, LMAO. You better start Googling then.

Alright. You see one thing, the rest of the country proves otherwise. We don't care about NY hiphop anymore. New Yorkers don't care about it either, you know, since they've been copying the South's style of rap to get their billboard hits and Instagram followers..

Baltimore is far from corny, but it isn't well known for Hip-hop. King Los will rap circles around anybody coming out of NYC.
Every NY artist I named has millions of views and sold out shows in each city lmao. So what country are you speaking about? Mexico? Haha.

I don’t need to google because I know whose hot from each city. You just yapping cause I’m speaking facts!

King Los can’t outrap Dave East and King Los only has 207K followers on IG LMFAO!

Name a hit that King Los has produced that’s nationally known? Hahah. Speak about corny!

Old 03-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I don't have yo defend the southern hip hop, it's literally everywhere.

I don't have to try to be from somewhere that I was literally born and raised in... You're not making sense anymore.
Um if you are going to crown something you better be ready to factually back it up.

Your logic makes no sense. You can’t name 5 artist but somehow are placing crowns on people haha.

Do you realize how small 5 - 10 artist is for a whole entire region? Lmao!

Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I do think there's a strong correlation between radio airplay and popularity, but him saying "I don't hear X" doesn't mean anything.
Exactly he keeps speaking for himself and claiming the whole country agrees. Lol Haters will always try to speak for others in an attempt to make their point and deny their jealousy lol.

All I know is that the whole country gave Dave East, Young MA, 69, ASAP the millions of followings and musical attention they got.

Kodeblue just doesn’t want to list the artist because he knows every artist he knows not named Migos and Future is comparable or even below the artist I named for NYC.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:56 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Exactly he keeps speaking for himself and claiming the whole country agrees. Lol Haters will always try to speak for others in an attempt to make their point and deny their jealousy lol.

All I know is that the whole country gave Dave East, Young MA, 69, ASAP the millions of followings and musical attention they got.

Kodeblue just doesn’t want to list the artist because he knows every artist he knows not named Migos and Future is comparable or even below the artist I named for NYC.
And how has he written off Cardi B who has numerous top 10 billboard songs?

She's easily one of the hottest rappers out right now

Old 03-02-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Every NY artist I named has millions of views and sold out shows in each city lmao. So what country are you speaking about? Mexico? Haha.

I don’t need to google because I know whose hot from each city. You just yapping cause I’m speaking facts!

King Los can’t outrap Dave East and King Los only has 207K followers on IG LMFAO!

Name a hit that King Los has produced that’s nationally known? Hahah. Speak about corny!
Ok bro, this conversation is going nowhere. Your parameter is instragram followers?

See what I mean about being corny. Instagram followers.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
And how has he written off Cardi B who has numerous top 10 billboard songs?

She's easily one of the hottest rappers out right now
Kodeblues logic is that everything goes back to the south

Kodeblue logic:
If a New Yorker goes down than south that means W
If a southerner comes up to NYC than that means W
If a artist uses influence to make a hook on a beat for 1 song than that’s a W for the south haha.

With logic like that it’s pretty easy to see why someone might assume he’s trolling. Lol

Old 03-02-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Ok bro, this conversation is going nowhere. Your parameter is instragram followers?

See what I mean about being corny. Instagram followers.
IG is actually a great source to see whose known or not. As a matter of fact many people do their businesses on IG because of following. The more people that follow you, the more people who know you. You think King Los isn’t telling everyone he meets to follow him on IG to build his rep? Lol

You think Rihanna, Kim K, Jay Z, Opera having almost a billion followers is by mistake?

You claim no one knows NY artist yet you downplay every platform that disproves your claims

First you downplay Billboards, now you are downplaying the largest social media platform that artist live off - IG. Lol.

Or maybe you are just out of touch on how the world and music industry works currently!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City