Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2017, 06:02 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,909,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Indy is the seat of state government and I am aware of that....so yes, Indy effectively has "banned itself" (with the help of some rural legislators.

I used to live in Indy and am there every month. I know tons about it, actually more than I care to.
Indy isn't the seat of government ... the seat of government is in Indy. It doesn't matter what Indy wants if the rest of the state is set against it. If you knew as much about it as you pretend to know then you wouldn't have made the statement. You would have known the state placed a ban on light rail. What you're claiming or attempting to claim is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:35 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
It is interesting how well Kansas City is doing flying under the radar. Tech jobs have grown 157% over a year, ranking 5th in % growth.

Best New Cities for Tech Jobs | Money

Forbes ranked Kansas City is a top 5 metro for high-wage jobs.
Forbes report: Kansas City is a top 5 metro for high-wage jobs

PC World's 14 High Tech Cities to Call Home. KC #9.
14 High-Tech Cities You'll Want to Call Home | PCMag.com

Old 07-10-2017, 08:02 AM

201 posts, read 219,733 times
Potential growth: Both
Cost of living: Both are cheap, but I guess Indy would be slightly cheaper
Education: Hell if I know, I graduated from college six years ago and don't have any children
things to do: Kansas City
friendliness of its residents: Kansas City just because of the way people drive in Indiana
Architecture: Kansas City easily

Old 08-19-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal To The Core View Post
Potential growth: Both
Cost of living: Both are cheap, but I guess Indy would be slightly cheaper
Education: Hell if I know, I graduated from college six years ago and don't have any children
things to do: Kansas City
friendliness of its residents: Kansas City just because of the way people drive in Indiana
Architecture: Kansas City easily
Kansas City residents were friendlier to outsiders. In Indy, it felt cold and isolated. It would be interesting to see which city is better for black people.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Kansas City residents were friendlier to outsiders. In Indy, it felt cold and isolated. It would be interesting to see which city is better for black people.
Indianapolis has the larger black population. It also has a rich African American history.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:17 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Indianapolis has the larger black population. It also has a rich African American history.
Yeah, there's not much difference population-wise. There are 263K black people in metro Indy and 254 in metro KC. Both cities-proper have about 29% black population.

I'm no kind of expert on which one is "better", but you'd have a lot of trouble convincing me or anyone with a sensible understanding of the question that Indianapolis has a richer African American history than Kansas City.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPonteKC View Post
Yeah, there's not much difference population-wise. There are 263K black people in metro Indy and 254 in metro KC. Both cities-proper have about 29% black population.

I'm no kind of expert on which one is "better", but you'd have a lot of trouble convincing me or anyone with a sensible understanding of the question that Indianapolis has a richer African American history than Kansas City.
Didn't say it had a richer history than KC, however I don't see how KC convincingly trumps Indy at least in that regard.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 AM

2,233 posts, read 3,163,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
Didn't say it had a richer history than KC, however I don't see how KC convincingly trumps Indy at least in that regard.
Me neither. I think they are pretty comparable in that regard and most others.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:51 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
It is interesting how well Kansas City is doing flying under the radar. Tech jobs have grown 157% over a year, ranking 5th in % growth.

Best New Cities for Tech Jobs | Money

Forbes ranked Kansas City is a top 5 metro for high-wage jobs.
Forbes report: Kansas City is a top 5 metro for high-wage jobs

PC World's 14 High Tech Cities to Call Home. KC #9.
14 High-Tech Cities You'll Want to Call Home | PCMag.com
Google Fiber!

Old 08-26-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Google Fiber!
Yeah that has helped out a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City