Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better
Milwaukee 95 71.97%
Memphis 37 28.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:22 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times

Advertisements

Memphis doesn't have the safest suburbs but I can tell you the safe areas feel safe, in the city and outside if it. Memphis also doesn't feel nearly as dangerous as it's said to even in its more violent areas, but I may be desensitized to the threat/level of danger due to other factors. Statistics bear out that Milwaukee is a safer city, but Milwaukee isn't a bastion if nonviolence, now...

I guess if we're judging Memphis on the quality of of its museums, neighborhoods, and shopping by comparison, I can see how Milwaukee is a stronger city. Food is a whole lot more debatable, a whole lot. This would really come down to taste and preference if style, but Memphis holds its own here, easily...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 06:10 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Memphis doesn't have the safest suburbs but I can tell you the safe areas feel safe, in the city and outside if it. Memphis also doesn't feel nearly as dangerous as it's said to even in its more violent areas, but I may be desensitized to the threat/level of danger due to other factors. Statistics bear out that Milwaukee is a safer city, but Milwaukee isn't a bastion if nonviolence, now...

I guess if we're judging Memphis on the quality of of its museums, neighborhoods, and shopping by comparison, I can see how Milwaukee is a stronger city. Food is a whole lot more debatable, a whole lot. This would really come down to taste and preference if style, but Memphis holds its own here, easily...
The whole safety debate can go on and on. The truth is much of personal safety depends upon the individual with lifestyle and location choices. There are safe living options in Memphis just like anywhere else.

Old 10-21-2017, 06:49 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,099,266 times
I find Memphis incredibly intriguing. The food, the music, Civil Rights history etc.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:06 AM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I find Memphis incredibly intriguing. The food, the music, Civil Rights history etc.
Good.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,176,058 times
I've never been to Memphis so I won't talk bad about it but I do love living in Milwaukee.

Old 05-23-2018, 11:42 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,380,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I've never been to Memphis so I won't talk bad about it but I do love living in Milwaukee.
I hope the Sterling Brown issue does not ruin Milwaukee's progress.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:45 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,507,642 times
I was born and raised in Memphis. I love the city, and it will always be home in my heart, but I will never move back there. There's too much crime and hot weather. I live in Nebraska and tend to get along and connect with people MUCH better. So, overall I would choose Milwaukee for the cooler weather and midwest culture. But going to towards, Memphis, the people who bash the city are usually not credible at all. Those people are just people who like yo portray Memphis as a ghetto, and nothing else. I've met many people in Memphis and Mississippi and have just decided that the people and lifestyle in Nebraska fit me better.

Last edited by JMT; 05-28-2018 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Nashville is not part of this thread.

Old 05-24-2018, 05:46 AM

48 posts, read 42,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Wouldn't stop me from moving there.....

Old 05-24-2018, 12:11 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,176,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
For real.

The people in charge seem to be taking it seriously, apologizing, and disciplining those responsible. Of course Milwaukee, along with the rest of America, have a long way to go.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:20 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcrash619 View Post
I was born and raised in Memphis. I love the city, and it will always be home in my heart, but I will never move back there. There's too much crime and hot weather. I live in Nebraska and tend to get along and connect with people MUCH better. So, overall I would choose Milwaukee for the cooler weather and midwest culture. But going to towards, Memphis, the people who bash the city are usually not credible at all. Those people are just people who like yo portray Memphis as a ghetto, and nothing else. I've met many people in Memphis and Mississippi and have just decided that the people and lifestyle in Nebraska fit me better.
As a midwesterner born and raised, I agree.

Last edited by JMT; 05-28-2018 at 05:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City