Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 12:49 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofSourCherry View Post
So lol, San Francisco doesn't hate on LA, people in San Francisco may hate on it. But guess what? We Angelenos hate on LA too. The city sucks. I was born and raised there, and it just sucks. I'm sorry. I used to joke that you knew a transplant as soon as they said anything positive about the hot mess that is LA. Traffic sucks - I remember wishing for a plague many times to thin the herd as I was stuck in traffic. The city is brown, smoggy, dusty. Too many people. Expensive.

San Francisco on the other hand is like a breath of fresh of air. The weather is cooler and crisper, it's brighter - you feel like someone took off your sun glasses and you see everything more vividly (compared to LA). It's actually walkable! People are more intellectual, less preening and chasing some fame they will never have. Have a conversation with someone in San Francisco and it's about changing the world, have a conversation in LA and it's about the douchebags they know (or think that they know).

In California, there are only two livable areas - the Bay or San Diego. Yeah, the Bay is more expensive than LA, but guess what? The jobs pay much better. The traffic is better, it's more compact, and it's more scenic.
The majority of your post aside, SF still hates LA with an inferiority complex like no other. While living in SF, I literally felt like a second-class citizen just because I'm from LA and didn't drink the Kool-Aid to believe that SF is the best city in the universe and a gift from God himself. Tell someone in LA you don't love it, that's fine. Same with a New Yorker. A San Franciscan? You're banished from their social circle. When someone from SF is in LA and meets an Angeleno, a casual "oh f*** the Giants" may come up, but they'll welcome you. Being from LA in SF means you have to bow down to the Gods that created SF, or you're hated for simply being from LA. Nobody in SF can say anything positive about LA whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 05:39 PM

4,211 posts, read 3,293,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
The majority of your post aside, SF still hates LA with an inferiority complex like no other. While living in SF, I literally felt like a second-class citizen just because I'm from LA and didn't drink the Kool-Aid to believe that SF is the best city in the universe and a gift from God himself. Tell someone in LA you don't love it, that's fine. Same with a New Yorker. A San Franciscan? You're banished from their social circle. When someone from SF is in LA and meets an Angeleno, a casual "oh f*** the Giants" may come up, but they'll welcome you. Being from LA in SF means you have to bow down to the Gods that created SF, or you're hated for simply being from LA. Nobody in SF can say anything positive about LA whatsoever.
The funniest part about this are the awkward, forced "SF is like NYC" comparisons (made only by SFers, not NYers). Definitely speaks to an inferiority complex.

Old 05-25-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
The funniest part about this are the awkward, forced "SF is like NYC" comparisons (made only by SFers, not NYers). Definitely speaks to an inferiority complex.
Nobody in NYC thinks SF can compare. If they do, it's because they lived in SF previously and aren't making it in NYC, so they move back to their small town comfort of SF. University of San Francisco's slogan is/was literally "University of the Best City Ever." I mean.........seriously? Best city ever? Those slogans were plastered on banners and buses all over town.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:09 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Houston with Chicago?

Old 05-25-2018, 09:45 AM

197 posts, read 264,869 times
Kansas City with St. Louis. I think KC is great and all, but the chip on their shoulder and hatred for all things St. Louis is funny. In St. Louis, no one has ANY idea that there is this rivalry. KC really does has lots of things to be boastful about though.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL1980 View Post
Kansas City with St. Louis. I think KC is great and all, but the chip on their shoulder and hatred for all things St. Louis is funny. In St. Louis, no one has ANY idea that there is this rivalry. KC really does has lots of things to be boastful about though.
Interesting. I always would have assumed it went both ways.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:45 AM

48 posts, read 70,191 times
San Francisco has a frightening obsession with LA and always try to bring it down every opportunity they have.

Angelenos in return compliment SF, because they are comfortable enough with their world class city and don't need to bring down another city to feel better about where they live.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:57 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Houston with Chicago?
no

Old 05-25-2018, 01:54 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
no
According to a few in the Houston vs Chicago thread. Chicago better "bow down" to Houston.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
According to a few in the Houston vs Chicago thread. Chicago better "bow down" to Houston.
good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City