Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Urbanity comparison, which one?
Boston 34 53.13%
Toronto 30 46.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:33 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times

Advertisements

I can’t tell how people are choosing Boston over Toronto given the criteria. The only small subset of the criteria that Boston might best Toronto in is the 25 square mile pedestrian friendliness and that’d be banking on the very narrow and curved streets of a small section of that where it’s very easy to jaywalk and driving there is an exercise in self-harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 08:10 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
I like the below comment to me by you not long ago ...

Right to the point and prevalent standing from posters up north today. It's not merely boastful Americans that get labeled. This can be interjected for cities too.

Not every city we would want to spend the rest of our lives in. But clearly part of it if given the chance, I'd take if young again. When boast stay the same.... sometimes comments on them get addressed and history of how different cities change over time.
How is this post that North42 posted in another thread linked at all to the subject matter? Why would you do this and try to relate it to what is going on here. This comment and what people have been talking about in this thread have zero to do with one another. I see what you're trying to do here, you're trying to stir nationalism into the topic to toxify the discussion and send it off on a tangent that is completely unrelated.

As for North42's love of his country. We don't know the context of his post but so what he loves his country and would rather live there than the U.S. I don't fault Americans for preferring their own country to live in. So, do you need to continue to derail this thread or is it possible you can ditch the nationalism and maybe just keep commentary focused on the topic matter which is an urbanity comparison between Boston and Toronto.

For the record - in what manner at all have I been dismissive of Boston's urbanity in this thread - answer I haven't so that just throws your whole ridiculous nationalist theory to smithereens.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:19 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,239,801 times
[quote=fusion2;52007723]
Quote:
I like the below comment to me by you not long ago ...

Right to the point and prevalent standing from posters up north today. It's not merely boastful Americans that get labeled. This can be interjected for cities too.

Not every city we would want to spend the rest of our lives in. But clearly part of it if given the chance, I'd take if young again. When boast stay the same.... sometimes comments on them get addressed and history of how different cities change over time.[/QUOTED]

How is this post that North42 posted in another thread linked at all to the subject matter? Why would you do this and try to relate it to what is going on here. This comment and what people have been talking about in this thread have zero to do with one another. You are trying to inject some sort of nationalist sentiment into C v C threads. I see what you're trying to do here, you're trying to stir nationalism into the topic to toxify the discussion and send it off on a tangent that is completely unrelated.

As for North42's love of his country. We don't know the context of his post but so what he loves his country. So, do you need to continue to derail this thread or is it possible you can ditch the nationalism and maybe just keep commentary focused on the topic matter?
You asked for post saying Toronto was the superior city in NA to all but NYC. That poster keeps at me with his grips and he said even Canada is the best Nation in world recently. I'd have to search back to threads months ago for thru Toronto comments you asked for.

Just as the amalgamation was in sizing up why city limits is less relevant as you feel CSA's are too. But he is correct... best to not reply to posters or co tine past initial post and move in so it doesn't go to bickering.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:40 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
You asked for post saying Toronto was the superior city in NA to all but NYC. That poster keeps at me with his grips and he said even Canada is the best Nation in world recently. I'd have to search back to threads months ago for thru Toronto comments you asked for.
You did not cite a post where someone from Toronto or even Canada said Toronto was the superior city to all but NYC. Even if one person somewhere did - WHO CARES one person isn't Canada or even Toronto. You create bogeyman arguments, exaggerate comments or even simply make stuff up and than wrongfully inject them into situations where they aren't warranted.

So yes - please stick to the topic matter and stop trying to bring nationalist sentiment on either side into this discussion because that has zero to do with the urbanity of Boston or Toronto.

Old 05-29-2018, 05:55 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,225,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
You did not cite a post where someone from Toronto or even Canada said Toronto was the superior city to all but NYC. Even if one person somewhere did - WHO CARES one person isn't Canada or even Toronto. You create bogeyman arguments, exaggerate comments or even simply make stuff up and than wrongfully inject them into situations where they aren't warranted.

So yes - please stick to the topic matter and stop trying to bring nationalist sentiment on either side into this discussion because that has zero to do with the urbanity of Boston or Toronto.
Lol, You, my friend have the patience of a saint!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City