Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the cleanest and safest downtown?
Chicago 22 26.19%
Charlotte 7 8.33%
San Jose 10 11.90%
Denver 8 9.52%
San Diego 13 15.48%
Minneapolis 18 21.43%
Indianapolis 3 3.57%
Portland 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:15 AM

413 posts, read 323,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Minneapolis shouldn't almost be leading this poll. It isn't a dangerous city in general but downtown has some issues. I've been to three of the downtowns in this poll - Minneapolis, Denver and Chicago. Minneapolis is probably the least safe of the three.

Perhaps. I can't speak to Chicago and Denver. But the fact that you live here also means you have much more exposure to unsavory incidents which could not help but affect your impressions. Same as me. Other than a one or 2 block radius from the Warehouse District LRT station, Minneapolis is very safe. And even there, it's more a perception of safety than reality, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 10:32 AM

50 posts, read 69,466 times
Downtown Minneapolis unsafe ? What the hell are you talking about ?

Old 07-26-2018, 11:24 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,624,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Ok, meant it's more fun than Chicago's Loop, original downtown core: with much more activity, especially at nights/ weekends. Yeah, I know Millenium Park and State st. shopping area, but Downtown SJ is on a tear! Check it out. It's very clean and safe, too.

This has to be schtick. Please, for you sake, tell us it is.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:42 PM

413 posts, read 323,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaVibe786 View Post
Downtown Minneapolis unsafe ? What the hell are you talking about ?

Not sure who you are directing that at. If it was me, I said it was more a "perception" of safety and only within a one or two block radius of the Warehouse District LRT station. No one who lives here or has walked through that area at any time of the late afternoon or throughout the evening can say that there isn't a safety problem perception there. And it's not the fault of the receivers if anyone wants to argue that. The cop presence there is constant, so there is a reality as well. What has changed is the PD's announced decision to no longer arrest people for openly dealing drugs there.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:45 AM

2,304 posts, read 1,709,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Perhaps. I can't speak to Chicago and Denver. But the fact that you live here also means you have much more exposure to unsavory incidents which could not help but affect your impressions. Same as me. Other than a one or 2 block radius from the Warehouse District LRT station, Minneapolis is very safe. And even there, it's more a perception of safety than reality, IMO.
Agreed 100%

Old 07-27-2018, 01:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,870,564 times
San Jose is incredibly unsafe and the miserably dirty. Last time I was there, I tripped over an empty 40 and bumped into an angry hobo named Henry. Henry was angry because I scuffed up his hobo shoes and he gave me a beating, taking my wallet and car keys afterward. I left San Jose on foot, shoe-less and unenlightened.

That being said, I'd vote the following, in order:

<<SAFE>>
Chicago
Charlotte
Denver
San Diego
Minneapolis
Indianapolis
Portland

San Jose
<<UNSAFE>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City