Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 AM

55 posts, read 56,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
^ I laughed, some valid points. The crime thing is really over hyped though. Vast majority of crime is gang vs. gang and occurs in a few specific areas on the southside, areas where no one would ever want to live or visit. Gas taxes are higher within the city limit, but in the burbs prices are within 10 cents p/g of Atlanta burbs. If you live in Chicago though, you truly can live here without a car.

One last video from another thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oA-9RLPRTY4
Word on the street is even you are thinking about leaving Chicago again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 10:41 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,477,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT6789 View Post
Word on the street is even you are thinking about leaving Chicago again
Word on the street? lol

Nah, I am considering hopping the border to NWI to reduce my tax burden, but that's still considered the Chicago suburbs.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 AM

651 posts, read 475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT6789 View Post

If Chicago could move to a Republican state such as SC or NC it would probably be one of the best cities in the country
That sounds like a terrible idea and it already is one of the best cities in the country.

In fact, just about every issue with Atlanta stems from the fact that it is in a red/republican state.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:14 AM

651 posts, read 475,785 times
Move to Chicago. It's one of the best deals in the country.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:53 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,695,049 times
Default Anyone ever lived in Chicago & Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
The North and West Suburbanites and Northsiders love to visit Wisconsin Dells, while South Suburbanites love to brag about the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore/state park and SW Michigan around Benton Harbor.

If you want to get away from the region, O'Hare is a hub for 2 airlines, American and Delta, along with a host of international flights by foreign carriers. You can pretty much fly anywhere from O'Hare!

Yes, I've lived in both.
The attractions of northern woods & lakes are just a trip up I-90 or 94 in Wisconsin.
But the big prize for Chicagoans to utilize for recreation is The Lake just sitting on it's doorstep; a lake so large as to be akin to an inland sea. And if you've never seen the dunes next door in immediately adjacent Indiana, or the ones on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan which measure in the 100's of feet in height, you've got a treat in store!
Although I rate the rolling, hilly & wooded geography of Atlanta as far superior to that of Chicago in that one particular regard, Atlanta would be mush better off for having even a small version of Lake Michigan at it's fingertips.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:31 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,051,626 times
Quote:
Atlanta would be mush better off for having even a small version of Lake Michigan at it's fingertips.
The sad thing is, Atlanta indeed DOES have a beautiful body of water. Maybe not a lake...but if we developed our Chattahoochee riverfront at least as well as they have in Helen, we could have an awesome area of the city. Instead of just Canoe.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:47 PM

23,452 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The sad thing is, Atlanta indeed DOES have a beautiful body of water. Maybe not a lake...but if we developed our Chattahoochee riverfront at least as well as they have in Helen, we could have an awesome area of the city. Instead of just Canoe.
Well, there is this pesky little obstacle...and I don't think I'd consider it a sad thing.

https://www.nps.gov/chat/index.htm

Old 08-08-2018, 01:49 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I think the more a person matures, they realize that cities are all the same and accomplish the same thing. What matter is what works for you.

This. While I don't feel that cities are all the same, it really is about what works best for you

Old 08-08-2018, 04:04 PM

654 posts, read 526,818 times
A very good friend of mine in chicago called every time he had to use an ice pic to free his car frozen to the curb.

Sorry but no amount of walkability is worth those winters.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:46 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,696,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
That kind of proves the point.

I've never been there....but looking at photos of Wisconsin Dells, it appears to make Pigeon Forge seem cosmopolitan.
Yes, been to the dells a few times, very kitschy/ road side attractiony. Nothing to write home about. It's where the family's that can't afford to fly go on vacation in IL, WI, and MN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City