Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 12:23 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,107,822 times

Advertisements

A man was shot in the back on the southside, 2300 Hickory Drive.

Jackson, MS - 70 / 42.6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 12:32 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,065,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
Oh lord, here you go again lol. Just stop saying nonsense. No Mexican cartel moved to Montreal now, literally no proof of this. The guy who got gunned down was a Hells Angel, which happens every year. Homicides are still declining yearly besides last years spike.
One thing I have noticed though is that a lot of the homicide activity has moved to the off-island suburbs which are outside the jurisdiction of the city police (SPVM) that patrols the entire island.

Though even if you add everything up it's still extremely low at around 30 murders for over 4 million people.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:54 PM

832 posts, read 1,256,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djesus007 View Post
Oh lord, here you go again lol. Just stop saying nonsense. No Mexican cartel moved to Montreal now, literally no proof of this. The guy who got gunned down was a Hells Angel, which happens every year. Homicides are still declining yearly besides last years spike.
Stop please stop...
I never understood those people who never speaks with fact but only making stuff up because they never educate themselves....

More homicides and attempted homicide in 2018 than in 2017

Same but another link

Quote:
Mercredi, une résidence de l’arrondissement de Rivières-des-Prairies a été criblée de balles. Heureusement, l’événement n’a fait aucun blessé.

Selon l’expert en affaires policières Jean-François Brochu, les individus à l’origine de l’attaque sont «malhabiles avec les armes à feu et rendent les risques de balles perdues beaucoup plus élevés».

C’est sans rappeler deux meurtres rapprochés ciblant des membres du crime organisé qui se sont déroulés au Quartier DIX30 à Brossard le 10 mai dernier, ainsi que le meurtre de Salvatorre Scoppa au Sheraton de Laval le 4 mai dernier.

«Il y a un groupe que j’appelle les membres du «crime désorganisé» qui sont en fait des gangs de rue qui s’entretuent à l’aveuglette et je crois que ce sont eux les plus dangereux», a dit Jean-François Brochu.

Les meurtriers ne semblent plus se cacher pour régler leurs comptes, étant donné qu’un meurtre en plein jour permet de se fondre dans le décor.
Source

The canadian police fear some cartel member went to Canada since they do not need a visa anymore

Getting tired of the people who never take time to educate themselves and still come in talking like they know it all.. Me I bring facts, I never talk without any source

Quote:
On dénombre plus de meurtres liés aux gangs criminels en 10 mois que lors des années 2016 et 2017
Source

Next time make friend with google before talking.

I never said that Montreal was a warzone but I said that crime is in fact increasing. Deny it as much as you want, fact does not care about feelings

Old 10-31-2019, 08:16 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,065,890 times
Le Téléjournal had a report on violent crime 2 minutes ago. Year to date murders are down from a year ago: 22 vs 16.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:25 PM

242 posts, read 174,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded5 View Post
LA city limits NEVER reached 1000. You are thinking of LA COUNTY
L.A city reached over 1,000 + homicides like 5x in it's history. In 1980 it peaked at 1,028 murders.

Now of course the county produced over 2,500 murders at it's height but those days are now over.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.csm...202/02011.html

“I never thought we’d see these numbers,” said veteran homicide Detective Sal LaBarbera. “It is night and day compared to the old days. Night and day.”

Those days were the years from 1980, when there were 1,028 homicides, to 1992, when the number climbed to an all-time high of 1,092.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:26 PM

700 posts, read 422,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Maybe 510 this year.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:31 PM

242 posts, read 174,676 times
I don't think there's ever been a decade where New Orleans or Detroit didn't finish in the top 5 for cities with the highest murder rates. That's insane.

D.C is another city that's historically dangerous but St Louis and Baltimore took the cake for this decade.

Hopefully things get better for everyone in the 2020's decade but the way the economy is going, things may stay the same or even get worse.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post
I don't think there's ever been a decade where New Orleans or Detroit didn't finish in the top 5 for cities with the highest murder rates. That's insane.

D.C is another city that's historically dangerous but St Louis and Baltimore took the cake for this decade.

Hopefully things get better for everyone in the 2020's decade but the way the economy is going, things may stay the same or even get worse.
a few years ago DC ended with 82... That would be considered a great year now... This is telling.

Old 10-31-2019, 09:40 PM

195 for Los Angeles, it might finish the year bellow 250

Old 10-31-2019, 10:25 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,668,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Stop please stop...
I never understood those people who never speaks with fact but only making stuff up because they never educate themselves....

More homicides and attempted homicide in 2018 than in 2017

Same but another link

Source

The canadian police fear some cartel member went to Canada since they do not need a visa anymore

Getting tired of the people who never take time to educate themselves and still come in talking like they know it all.. Me I bring facts, I never talk without any source

Source

Next time make friend with google before talking.

I never said that Montreal was a warzone but I said that crime is in fact increasing. Deny it as much as you want, fact does not care about feelings
Ok there wanna be Ben Shaprio lol. Also, if you read what I wrote previously (you didn't) I said that crime has been going down except for a spike in 2018 (like all your links said). You claim that I'm making it up yet this is literally fact and your head is shoved so far up where the sun doesn't shine, that you only believe your own ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City