Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2019, 12:26 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,606 times

Advertisements

Chicago past 500 homicides as of today(502 according to heyjackass).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 01:17 PM

14,019 posts, read 14,998,668 times
Baltimore is totally out of control. 338 homicides this year. That’s in a city of only about 600,000.

St Louis is going to end up close to 200. At 193 as of today.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:01 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Baltimore is totally out of control. 338 homicides this year. That’s in a city of only about 600,000.

So Baltimore is looking at about 345 murders this year. wow.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:32 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,410,575 times
Default Dallas has become a violent crime city

Dallas has just passed the 200 murder mark in one of the most violent years ever for the city. It is rapidly working it's way up the list of the most violent cities in america.
Growth is not always a good thing. Many folks have moved here from Los Angeles and Chicago which are 2 of the most Gang ridden cities in America. Murders are down in Chicago and Los Angeles and up in Dallas. I wonder if there is any correlation.
Also a lot of the migrant caravan and asylum seekers came to Dallas too. Many from San Pedro Sula, Honduras which is perhaps the most violent city in the world. Guatamala is another violent place. They are pouring in. I've seen many apartment complexes where 2 or 3 families fill each apartment. Dallas has built more apartments than any other metro area. That also contributes to the crime rate increase. Apartments are hotbeds for crime.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:00 AM

Location: Midwesterner living in California (previously East Coast)
296 posts, read 437,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
Dallas has just passed the 200 murder mark in one of the most violent years ever for the city. It is rapidly working it's way up the list of the most violent cities in america.
Growth is not always a good thing. Many folks have moved here from Los Angeles and Chicago which are 2 of the most Gang ridden cities in America. Murders are down in Chicago and Los Angeles and up in Dallas. I wonder if there is any correlation.
Also a lot of the migrant caravan and asylum seekers came to Dallas too. Many from San Pedro Sula, Honduras which is perhaps the most violent city in the world. Guatamala is another violent place. They are pouring in. I've seen many apartment complexes where 2 or 3 families fill each apartment. Dallas has built more apartments than any other metro area. That also contributes to the crime rate increase. Apartments are hotbeds for crime.
I doubt the people moving to Dallas from LA are gangsters. They are typically middle class/lower middle-class families that are looking for affordable housing markets.

Old 12-24-2019, 12:35 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,715,548 times
Baltimore's hit a record homicide rate, 338 on a pop of 600k. What's disturbing is the latest round occurred in "safe" downtown and Patterson Park, which is adjacent to "safe" Canton and Fells Point. It's shocking how unlike St. Louis, DC, and New Orleans, the entire city is a killing zone, there isn't anywhere in the city that's truly safe from homicide.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...aty-story.html

Old 12-24-2019, 01:10 PM

212 posts, read 147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
true,growth is not always a good thing.However it coul also be due to people leaving the city for better work and also, most people go to Dallas for work some for illegal activity

Old 12-24-2019, 02:21 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,954,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Baltimore's hit a record homicide rate, 338 on a pop of 600k. What's disturbing is the latest round occurred in "safe" downtown and Patterson Park, which is adjacent to "safe" Canton and Fells Point. It's shocking how unlike St. Louis, DC, and New Orleans, the entire city is a killing zone, there isn't anywhere in the city that's truly safe from homicide.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/marylan...aty-story.html
I can't say that I disagree with you at this point. City Hall, BPD have completely lost control of the city. I can't refute anything someone says about being scared to move to or visit Baltimore.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:44 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
I can't say that I disagree with you at this point. City Hall, BPD have completely lost control of the city. I can't refute anything someone says about being scared to move to or visit Baltimore.
Unfortunately police in most large cities have their hands tied because of city and state leaders who limit their powers and inhibit their abilities to effectively police with policies that prevent officers from doing everything they can. Police get scrutinized even when they are under fire or are in imminent danger, as if they are just supposed to take serious injury or death. It is what the press, politicians, and people of these cities want.

Anyways, Austin is now at 36.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:59 PM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post

Yeah, tell us something we don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City