Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2019, 07:07 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,061,093 times

Advertisements

You can add another 2 for Charlotte from the shooting at the UNC campus today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 09:21 PM

4,218 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
You can add another 2 for Charlotte from the shooting at the UNC campus today.
All hell is breaking lose in Charlotte this year

Old 05-01-2019, 01:27 PM

34 posts, read 29,450 times
I was just reading up on Boston. The city has had only 4 homicides in the last two months. That city has turned so soft there’s literally no gang activity or street action there anymore. The city used to get 100+ a year then around 60-70 a year now it’s down to 35-50. I predict it will start having years in the 20’s maybe even less.

The funny thing is if you ever see a press conference with the mayor or commissioner they always act like homicide there after a shooting is the norm and like they have an ongoing issue with murder when in fact they have so few cases the detectives have all the time in the world to figure these cases out. Should be a 100% solve rate

Put Boston police or detectives in any other city and their heads would spin they wouldn’t know how to even process.

And when you go to Boston ‘hoods’ there’s so many wankstas acting like they hold there streets down and are about that action when in fact they dont

I don’t want there to be murders there I’m just realizing Boston might be the softest city in the country in 2019

Old 05-01-2019, 02:29 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,934,838 times
I would have thought New York is the softest city in the country by now with its Canadian crime rates. So what happened to the gangs on the east coast? Did they see the light and become hard working, law abiding citizens?

Old 05-01-2019, 04:09 PM

6,563 posts, read 12,061,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
I would have thought New York is the softest city in the country by now with its Canadian crime rates. So what happened to the gangs on the east coast? Did they see the light and become hard working, law abiding citizens?
They all moved to Atlanta and other cities in the South.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:46 PM

832 posts, read 1,255,926 times
Quote:
So now being safe is a bad thing...?

Old 05-01-2019, 06:40 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,105,494 times
Quote:
It's easier to make money operating in a low profile manner. You constantly having high violence brings too much attention. Generally speaking of course so they didn't go anywhere.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:42 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,105,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlogy View Post
I was just reading up on Boston. The city has had only 4 homicides in the last two months. That city has turned so soft there’s literally no gang activity or street action there anymore. The city used to get 100+ a year then around 60-70 a year now it’s down to 35-50. I predict it will start having years in the 20’s maybe even less.

The funny thing is if you ever see a press conference with the mayor or commissioner they always act like homicide there after a shooting is the norm and like they have an ongoing issue with murder when in fact they have so few cases the detectives have all the time in the world to figure these cases out. Should be a 100% solve rate

Put Boston police or detectives in any other city and their heads would spin they wouldn’t know how to even process.

And when you go to Boston ‘hoods’ there’s so many wankstas acting like they hold there streets down and are about that action when in fact they dont

I don’t want there to be murders there I’m just realizing Boston might be the softest city in the country in 2019
I don't understand the concept behind a hoid being "soft" or "hard". It's either quiet or wild but still the hood.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:46 PM

34 posts, read 29,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I don't understand the concept behind a hoid being "soft" or "hard". It's either quiet or wild but still the hood.
If you compare Boston to similar sized cities with similar demographics the city should have a bunch more homicides. It now has 12 or 13 after 4 people were just shot 1 fatally 2 hours ago after my original post but for an east coast city it’s just crazy how the violence is so minuscule compared to others within driving distance

Old 05-01-2019, 08:14 PM

914 posts, read 1,086,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlogy View Post
If you compare Boston to similar sized cities with similar demographics the city should have a bunch more homicides. It now has 12 or 13 after 4 people were just shot 1 fatally 2 hours ago after my original post but for an east coast city it’s just crazy how the violence is so minuscule compared to others within driving distance
Shoulda coulda woulda. Good job perpetuating this idea that poor+minorities=tons of violent crime. This is the mentality that allows this stuff to exists in the first place, by justifying it. NYC has already proven this bogus theory to be false for years now, anyways. Murder shouldn't be something expected out of a city just because they have +20% black population. Coonery smh.

Good on Boston for being "soft" and maturing as a city, glad they're going against the grain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City