Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2019, 09:56 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
It's easier to make money operating in a low profile manner. You constantly having high violence brings too much attention. Generally speaking of course so they didn't go anywhere.
That plus wiping each other and gang injunctions had a lot to do with it. But some did run away from their higher crime East Coast cities for the Sunbelt and have been openly violent there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 01:02 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,107,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denlogy View Post
If you compare Boston to similar sized cities with similar demographics the city should have a bunch more homicides. It now has 12 or 13 after 4 people were just shot 1 fatally 2 hours ago after my original post but for an east coast city it’s just crazy how the violence is so minuscule compared to others within driving distance
MurphyKing said it for me.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
That plus wiping each other and gang injunctions had a lot to do with it. But some did run away from their higher crime East Coast cities for the Sunbelt and have been openly violent there.
I think that's a general misconceptions of gangs/crews wiping each other out completely ( few cases but not the norm). It's simply attrition, incarceration, & mergers that contributes to the level of violent activities. I don't recall too many injunctions used in large east coast cities. To a minor extent as far violent crimes in the Sunbelt cities are majority locals. Those from the east coast cities still display violent crimes in the smaller east coast cities.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:08 AM

3,871 posts, read 5,296,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Shoulda coulda woulda. Good job perpetuating this idea that poor+minorities=tons of violent crime. This is the mentality that allows this stuff to exists in the first place, by justifying it. NYC has already proven this bogus theory to be false for years now, anyways. Murder shouldn't be something expected out of a city just because they have +20% black population. Coonery smh.

Good on Boston for being "soft" and maturing as a city, glad they're going against the grain.
Agreed. As a black man I am always happy to see less black and latino bodies piling up. Only an Uncle Tom or closet racist would cheer for the alternative.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:14 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,526,844 times
Quote:
I was just reading up on Boston. The city has had only 4 homicides in the last two months. That city has turned so soft there’s literally no gang activity or street action there anymore. The city used to get 100+ a year then around 60-70 a year now it’s down to 35-50. I predict it will start having years in the 20’s maybe even less.

The funny thing is if you ever see a press conference with the mayor or commissioner they always act like homicide there after a shooting is the norm and like they have an ongoing issue with murder when in fact they have so few cases the detectives have all the time in the world to figure these cases out. Should be a 100% solve rate

Put Boston police or detectives in any other city and their heads would spin they wouldn’t know how to even process.

And when you go to Boston ‘hoods’ there’s so many wankstas acting like they hold there streets down and are about that action when in fact they dont

I don’t want there to be murders there I’m just realizing Boston might be the softest city in the country in 2019
It's not though. If you go back a few pages you can see that NYC, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and a few others all have fewer homicides or lower homicide rates.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbobsully94 View Post
It's not though. If you go back a few pages you can see that NYC, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and a few others all have fewer homicides or lower homicide rates.
In regards to rates not counts. I understand and applaud NYC for lowering it's rate BUT that doesn't mean a couple of hundred homicides should be overlook for population size. The major contributors to this country's homicides will always have NYC in that top tier group.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:37 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
I think that's a general misconceptions of gangs/crews wiping each other out completely ( few cases but not the norm). It's simply attrition, incarceration, & mergers that contributes to the level of violent activities. I don't recall too many injunctions used in large east coast cities. To a minor extent as far violent crimes in the Sunbelt cities are majority locals. Those from the east coast cities still display violent crimes in the smaller east coast cities.
Well I didn't say "wiping each other out" was the only reason, but it's definitely one of the contributing reasons. There are parents that have lost 2-3+ sons that were each gang members due to violence. Multiple that by x-amount, and you're sure to get a nice size number. Gang injunctions were used heavily on the west coast and is part of the reason for the drop in crime there. A lot of people either moved into the interior-West, or the South.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:32 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,475,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
Shoulda coulda woulda. Good job perpetuating this idea that poor+minorities=tons of violent crime. This is the mentality that allows this stuff to exists in the first place, by justifying it. NYC has already proven this bogus theory to be false for years now, anyways. Murder shouldn't be something expected out of a city just because they have +20% black population. Coonery smh.

Good on Boston for being "soft" and maturing as a city, glad they're going against the grain.
Yup, agreed. Over 2 million black people in NYC and 1 out of 4 people in Boston is black(24%). Hate when people spew out this as an excuse or reason for high crime.

Old 05-02-2019, 03:45 PM

34 posts, read 29,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Yup, agreed. Over 2 million black people in NYC and 1 out of 4 people in Boston is black(24%). Hate when people spew out this as an excuse or reason for high crime.
Almost every homicide is blacks or Hispanics shooting each other in every city. Occasionally you get the drunken white guy killing his wife but to act like the homicides aren’t happening only in minority neighborhoods is blind. Look at the homicide maps and victim maps it’s unreal

Old 05-02-2019, 05:42 PM

105 posts, read 94,889 times
Quote:
Almost every homicide is blacks or Hispanics shooting each other in every city. Occasionally you get the drunken white guy killing his wife but to act like the homicides aren’t happening only in minority neighborhoods is blind. Look at the homicide maps and victim maps it’s unreal
Yeah I'm going to have to disagree here. This statement is both wrong and racially damaging.

Yes, a higher proportion of crime is committed by blacks and hispanics. But the proportion of crime committed by whites, or other races, growing up in similar 'hood' communities is often similar. Similarly, minorities growing up in wealthy suburbs commit just as few crime as caucasians living in wealthy suburbs.

It's a systematic issue with the education and social system. Blaming race will not fix the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City