Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 02:14 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,973,344 times

Advertisements

Plus Alex Alonso is often times spitting out hearsay. He doesn't get the whole story and never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 06:07 PM

552 posts, read 407,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
That's cool my guy...

B and C culture is more than identifying with a color. It's one of those things that, those who are supposed to know, do. Those who aren't, don't, and it's really not more deep than that...

I don't know where you've been before, but there is always a lot of chaos surrounding Chicago-oriented gangs, outside of Chicago. Just to touch off a few places I've been that I've seen controversy: Albany NY; all through the Carolinas and GA; Tennessee and Arkansas. Always some controversy with some Chicago-style organization as for how tied in someone or something is, who sanctions power to do certain things, etc. All that communication and cooperation never looks as solid as people say it is...

As it is, present day gangs in both LA and Chi have a reputation as lawless and unprincipled, so while the standards were higher at some point, I'm not sure talking down about what OT cats do is something active bangers in either should be talking about...
You're right, a lot of the conformity and organization is gone with this generation in Chicago. Renegade EBK sets repping blocks is how it is these days but there's still the knowledge and ideology present and big homies trying to reorganize. What it became during it's peak was built on the back of much of what's happening now, a lot of fracturing & restructuring that will form a new movement.

I've met Stones/G.D.'s/Lords/Kings throughout the Midwest and they were definitely plugged in Chicago. I've never met anyone who outright started up their own set without sanction. For the most part they conduct themselves as their Chicago counterparts and know their history and literature. I've met Bloods and Crips in Northwest Indiana and Michigan for example that straight up admitted they formed their own set. I've also seen rappers that admit they just put on a flag and started banging Blood or Crip. That is foreign to someone in Chicago.

There's nothing wrong with a disagreement and everybody is biased, I just believe there's more aspects to Chicago organizations with the knowledge of self/enlightenment, laws, codes, symbols, structure, politics, and principles. I don't think these fundamental elements will ever be lost.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:09 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,394,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Sipp update:

Jackson, MS - 46/ 27.7
Meridian, MS- 9 / 23.6
Hattiesburg, MS - 4 / 8.6
Gulfport, MS- 5 / 7.1
Is it some gang related ish that has Jackson poised to unseat St. Louis as the murder capital or what, because if things stay at that pace it's likely, and possibly ending the year with more murders than New Orleans and twice as many as Baton Rouge.

Last edited by Aceter; 06-07-2019 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 10:59 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
You're right, a lot of the conformity and organization is gone with this generation in Chicago. Renegade EBK sets repping blocks is how it is these days but there's still the knowledge and ideology present and big homies trying to reorganize. What it became during it's peak was built on the back of much of what's happening now, a lot of fracturing & restructuring that will form a new movement.

I've met Stones/G.D.'s/Lords/Kings throughout the Midwest and they were definitely plugged in Chicago. I've never met anyone who outright started up their own set without sanction. For the most part they conduct themselves as their Chicago counterparts and know their history and literature. I've met Bloods and Crips in Northwest Indiana and Michigan for example that straight up admitted they formed their own set. I've also seen rappers that admit they just put on a flag and started banging Blood or Crip. That is foreign to someone in Chicago.

There's nothing wrong with a disagreement and everybody is biased, I just believe there's more aspects to Chicago organizations with the knowledge of self/enlightenment, laws, codes, symbols, structure, politics, and principles. I don't think these fundamental elements will ever be lost.
Again bro, there is no ordinance that says you have to be "connected" to LA to have a Blood or Crip hood. That's an internet thing; I don't know about the Midwest, but most places that have Bloods and Crips had them before the internet/social media era. I can use Little Rock for example, a city I know well. The initial B and C gangs started in the early/mid 80s from LA transplants, but LR has many different B and C hoods. Outside of a handful (I can only think of four for sure), those other B and C hoods were not started by anybody from or affiliated to LA. And nobody thinks those other gangs in LR are "fake" because there was never a "law" stating you had to be a spawn of an LA gang...

There are B and C gangs all over Cali outside of the Inner Bay, and almost all of them weren't started by an LA gang member. Nobody looks at SD or Sac or Bakersfield or Fresno or SB or SJ or Riverside or Modesto Bloods and Crips as unofficial, most the gangs in all these cities are homegrown as well.....the culture is just different, fam. I'm cool with us having a difference of opinion, just don't project what Chicago gangs hold as standard as something LA/Cali supposed to feel the same way about...

When you're of the culture, you kinda know and it don't gotta be explained. I def don't think youre being malicious, but it's only people not if the culture who question the way the culture is, outside looking in type thing...

Some of the fundamental elements of B's and C's hasn't changed either, fam!

Old 06-08-2019, 04:17 AM

29 posts, read 24,732 times
The perception among my colleagues here overseas is that the US is a dangerous place, especially compared to similarly developed nations. With homicides, mass shootings and a lack of policy and/or reform in a wide range of areas, I tend to agree.

Living in the capital of the largest Muslim-majority nation, a capital that is also the second-most populous metro area after Tokyo, I can comfortably walk the streets in the dead of night without fear of ever being robbed, let alone shot, yet get told by my own family in Colorado how dangerous the people where I live are, despite the state of Colorado's near-tradition in gun incidents.

The US has a lot of growing up to do, not just in terms of safety but also in attitude. I hope it does one day.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:46 AM

242 posts, read 174,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
I don't know why people say things like this. Chicago's reputation isn't exaggerated. The worst neighborhoods such as Englewood, Garfield Park, North Lawndale, etc. are extremely violent and as bad as anywhere in the U.S. The violence is isolated to so few areas that the total rate appears to be overblown in contrast to the huge swaths of the city that aren't very violent but these breakdowns have been performed again and again. I can't remember the exact statistics but basically the areas that account for the majority of the murders would be something like a population of 300,000-400,000 with 500 or more homicides or something similar to this.

In addition Chicago gang culture controls/influences crime in most major Midwestern cities along with having a major presence in southern states like North Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. New York and L.A. both have Latin Kings, G.D.'s and Black P Stones.

No other city's gangs have ever infiltrated or had any influence on Chicago what-so-ever while G.D's, B.D.'s, Vice Lords, Black P. Stones, Latin Kings and 4 Corner Hustlers have spread throughout the country's largest cities and prison systems.

So when Chicago is at the forefront of so much nationwide criminal influence and it's neighborhoods are among the most violent in the nation how could it ever be exaggerated?

Chicago has a somewhat Blood influence for sure,

https://youtu.be/R3Zc2Gpgdhs

https://youtu.be/mcCnURIt4B0

Plus there's surenos all through the Chicago area....

California gangs moving into Chicago area pose an elusive, dangerous challenge
By John Dobberstein, Daily Southtown

Riding a wave of migration from Mexico and Central America, a handful of California street gangs have arrived in many Chicago suburbs.

Four gangs in particular - 18th Street, Surenos 13's, Nortenos 14's and Mara Salvatrucha - can now be found in nearly two dozen Chicago-area communities, large and small.

In the past two years, California gang members have been fingered in shootings or stabbings in Elgin, Joliet, West Chicago, Addison, Franklin Park and Bensenville.

Some gang experts worry they eventually may make a push into Chicago, particularly on the Southwest Side, in the neighborhoods around Midway Airport

https://www.policeone.com/gangs/arti...Violent-Gangs/

Old 06-08-2019, 10:56 AM

242 posts, read 174,075 times
[quote=IronWright;55339741]I acknowledged the Stones in L.A. were Bloods but they were started by T. Rodgers who is a validated O.G. Chicago Stone and the influence is apparent.

Well it wasn't T Rodgers that started it but that's a conversation for another day.

There was a gang called the Brims that took T Rodgers and his brothers under their wing and that's how BPS was flipped into Bloods.

But yes you're correct on Chicago having high crime in history. Although the same can be said about Detroit,St Louis and a few other cities.So it's not unique in that regard.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:10 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
Is it some gang related ish that has Jackson poised to unseat St. Louis as the murder capital or what, because if things stay at that pace it's likely, and possibly ending the year with more murders than New Orleans and twice as many as Baton Rouge.
Nope. It's about the same issues like every other large city, personal/domestic disputes, retailiations, & some drug related incidents.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:16 AM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times
There was a shooting on the Southside of Jackson that resulted in 2 injuries and 1 dead ( intended target). Early this morning a man was found dead with a gunshot wound in another location on the Southside as well.

Jackson, MS - 47 / 28.3

Old 06-08-2019, 11:35 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancolorado View Post
The perception among my colleagues here overseas is that the US is a dangerous place, especially compared to similarly developed nations. With homicides, mass shootings and a lack of policy and/or reform in a wide range of areas, I tend to agree.

Living in the capital of the largest Muslim-majority nation, a capital that is also the second-most populous metro area after Tokyo, I can comfortably walk the streets in the dead of night without fear of ever being robbed, let alone shot, yet get told by my own family in Colorado how dangerous the people where I live are, despite the state of Colorado's near-tradition in gun incidents.

The US has a lot of growing up to do, not just in terms of safety but also in attitude. I hope it does one day.
That is not a good indication of how safe a country is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City