Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 01:12 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,108,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Montreal has a black population (6-8%) and a number of them are involved in crime, but not sure a black underworld there is a "thing".

If indeed it is a "thing", it pales in comparison to the Italian (mafia) underworld and also the biker gang underworld, the latter being mostly made up of Québécois French Canadians.
Yes ,The Black Underworld there is a "thing". Been a thing since the 80s or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 PM

832 posts, read 1,256,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You were there, you know. Your recollections are more reliable than Environment Canada's advanced meteorological technology...
you are correct sir, I bow down... Just go and learn the windchill which environment Canada do not mention. I know most people never educate themselves, they just talk but do yourself a favor and google "windchill effect"

Old 07-05-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Yes, Poverty is a factor. Chicago Black community poverty compared to Montreal's Black ( Afro-Carribean really) community.
Like I said, poverty is not an excuse, people USE poverty as an excuse. I have been broke to bones but it never occurred to me to start gang banging while other who were fare from poor went into gangs.

And in Montreal, most gang members are fare from being the poorest ones, they just the one who wants easy money

Old 07-05-2019, 04:54 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,402,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Like I said, poverty is not an excuse, people USE poverty as an excuse. I have been broke to bones but it never occurred to me to start gang banging while other who were fare from poor went into gangs.

And in Montreal, most gang members are fare from being the poorest ones, they just the one who wants easy money
Poverty is indeed an issue sir......idc if it’s Chicago, Baltimore, Rio, Kingston, or Calcutta; when poverty is high there will be high amounts of crime and it doesn’t necessarily have to be homicides. A quick google search will pull up articles on articles about the links between poverty and crime not just in the United States but abroad.

Old 07-05-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:

Poverty factor.

Bo-Gars, CDP , Gregory Wooley.

I know Black Organized Crime.

You overcome your challenges, next peerson different scenario. You ain't from them blocks.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Poverty factor.

Bo-Gars, CDP , Gregory Wooley.

I know Black Organized Crime.

You overcome your challenges, next peerson different scenario. You ain't from them blocks.
Like I said, I am black and I have been broke to the bones so I know what I am talking about. I grew up in the hood, I saw people coming to my hood with a machine gun (one night someone knock at my door, when I open I see one of my brother's friend all scared out begging me to let him in because someone is welding a machine gun... We went to the balcony and bam, I see him...).

One of my childhood friend got stabbed near our apartment complex, another one got killed, some gangs detonated a bomb at the police station in the mall next to my home... At one point our hood was at war with another one, and they all came with pitbull, bats, knife in our basketball court...)... Someone I know got a shotgun put in his mouth.

So I KNOW, and I am from those hoods.

Some people will just use poverty as an excuse to justify everything.

I have slept in the street, I have been kicked out of my apartment with all my belongings locked in there (I was away trying to find money to pay my rent and I get a call from my landlord saying that he changed the keys and he will keep all of my stuffs)

At one point I did not even found 70 cents to buy bread for my kid (I looked in every single corners of my apartment and only found 55 cents)

I was hungry every single day.

Did I ever though about robing someone or a store...? Yes because I had my 1 year old kid hungry, my wife crying pretty much every night... I seriously considered robbing but did not do it because I knew that the person I may rob had nothing to do with my situation.

So do not tell me I do not know what poverty is like.

Poverty is just an excuses this is why most poor people do not commit crime.

Notice how I refuse to say that I was "poor", I said "broke" because being poor especially in the western world is more of a mindset than financial.

You can be broke but refuse to be poor, meaning you refuse this situation and will do anything to get out of it, while being poor mean you just accept it like a fatality so you will remain poor.

The problem is we live in a society where we are way too sensitive and PC (politically correct)... We refuse to tell people the truth to not hurt their feelings, and this result in people not taking their responsibilities...

There is one fact that poverty can be a circumstance :
Both parents are working hard to put food on the table thus never home to educate their kids and when they are home, they are just too tired from their long days of labour) so kids have no authority figure and will be influenced by gangs, so in that instance, I can agree with you. But even this has more to do with your environment than being actually poor

You know one of the world safest country...? Senegal (Africa) and it is one of the world poorest country

Last edited by jayo2k; 07-07-2019 at 04:58 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 05:17 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,402,671 times
Quote:
Bruh, I am black and I have been broke to the bones so I know what I am talking about.

I have slept in the street, I have been kicked out of my apartment with all my belongings locked in there (I was away trying to find money to pay my rent and I get a call from my landlord saying that he changed the keys and he will keep all of my stuffs)

At one point I did not even found 70 cents to buy bread for my kid (I looked in every single corners of my apartment and only found 55 cents)

Did I ever though about robing someone or a store...? Yes because I had my 1 year old kid hungry, my wife crying pretty much every night... I seriously considered robbing but did not do it because I knew that the person I may rob had nothing to do with my situation.

Notice how I refuse to say that I was "poor", I said "broke" because being poor especially in the western world is more of a mindset than financial.

You can be broke but refuse to be poor, meaning you refuse this situation and will do anything to get out of it, while being poor mean you just accept it like a fatality so you will remain poor.

The problem is we live in a society where we are way too sensitive and PC (politically correct)... We refuse to tell people the truth to not hurt their feelings, and this result in people not taking their responsibilities...
Actually it’s the opposite when it comes to poor vs broke, but anyway you’re arguing semantics. Furthermore no one here is making excuses FOR people to commit crime just because they’re “broke” it’s more-so a cause and effect. There are plenty of Black people that come from dire straights, the pits, etc etc and don’t commit a crime myself included so you sir aren’t an exception. There’s a difference between being “broke” in Montreal vs being “broke” in Detroit vs being “broke” in some third world country; that difference would be access to different resources. Not sure how far your roots go back in Montreal but I’m positive your parents or whoever migrated/ emigrated to Canada came because there were more resources than their home country.

Last edited by noid_1985; 07-07-2019 at 05:25 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Actually it’s the opposite when it comes to poor vs broke, but anyway you’re arguing semantics. Furthermore no one here is making excuses FOR people to commit crime just because they’re “broke” it’s more-so a cause and effect. There are plenty of Black people that come from dire straights, the pits, etc etc and don’t commit a crime myself included so you sir aren’t an exception. There’s a difference between being “broke” in Montreal vs being “broke” in Detroit vs being “broke” in some third world country; that difference would be access to different resources. Not sure how far your roots go back in Montreal but I’m positive your parents or whoever migrated/ emigrated to Canada came because there were more resources than their home country.
I did not grew up in Montreal... And I believe you, being broke in Montreal is a Joke... I grew up in Paris suburb

And I have never said that I am the unique, I even said that most poor people do not commit crime.

And I know lot of people in Port au prince suburb and being poor in the States is a joke compared than being poor in Haiti and none of the one I know commit crime just like most poor people in the USA do not commit crime, it is just a select few hence why I say poverty is an excuse... Those thugs are not poorer than the rest, it is mostly education and a functional family...

Last edited by jayo2k; 07-07-2019 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 AM

3,198 posts, read 2,669,294 times
Seriously? the talk about Montreal is still going on? and most of the talk is from people who claim they know about the city yet never lived here. Yes, there are gangs, there's a lot but they mind their business. No, winter doesn't automatically equate less killings since there have been many years here where most homicides happen in cold months. No, being broke in MTL is not a joke, just visit Parc-Ex, parts of MTL Nord or St. Michel and ask the people who make under $7K a year and live in food deserts how being broke is a joke. Montreal is a very safe city, people here mind their business and enjoy life, gangs don't do stupid reckless stuff like in T.O or in the U.S, mainly cause the mob and hells still control stuff here and it's kept under wraps. If no trouble is caused, no trouble is given so it's all quiet (now if trouble is caused, we know the consequences).

Old 07-07-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I am black and I have been broke to the bones so I know what I am talking about. I grew up in the hood, I saw people coming to my hood with a machine gun (one night someone knock at my door, when I open I see one of my brother's friend all scared out begging me to let him in because someone is welding a machine gun... We went to the balcony and bam, I see him...).

One of my childhood friend got stabbed near our apartment complex, another one got killed, some gangs detonated a bomb at the police station in the mall next to my home... At one point our hood was at war with another one, and they all came with pitbull, bats, knife in our basketball court...)... Someone I know got a shotgun put in his mouth.

So I KNOW, and I am from those hoods.

There is one fact that poverty can be a circumstance :
Both parents are working hard to put food on the table thus never home to educate their kids and when they are home, they are just too tired from their long days of labour) so kids have no authority figure and will be influenced by gangs, so in that instance, I can agree with you. But even this has more to do with your environment than being actually poor

You know one of the world safest country...? Senegal (Africa) and it is one of the world poorest country
Im Black too. Save the my life story since you succeeded but others rather go stray. You ain't from those blocks as in Chicago , likewise myself lol, and again different circumstances for individuals. Therefore it's not an excuse but an factor treated as an excuse. We speaking Chi & Montreal Black Urban Poverty.

Both parents are a factor and it's another when they're involved in that lifestyle. So yeah let's move on bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City