Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 06:51 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,400,617 times

Advertisements

IronWright, I’ll address you because you from the city. If they not getting it, then they don’t get it. We can’t tell them about street politics in their city, and a few YouTube videos certainly doesn’t represent street politics Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 06:57 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
As much as people discuss how low per capital NYC is, I think Miami Dade is doing a good job as well. It still had a couple pockets of problems but overall, it has definitely improved. To have a lower per capita than even Austin is good.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:00 PM

5,838 posts, read 5,642,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
As much as people discuss how low per capital NYC is, I think Miami Dade is doing a good job as well. It still had a couple pockets of problems but overall, it has definitely improved. To have a lower per capita than even Austin is good.
Right, that's outstanding. There is nearly 2.8 million people in Miami-Dade County. While the bulk of the homicides are still assuredly in Miami city, any way you look at this, this is an astonishing improvement. The city of Miami still only had 51 murders all of last year...

Old 07-28-2019, 08:11 PM

914 posts, read 1,087,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Norfolk 20/8.2
...and just like that, Norfolk going back to its usual Norfolk self. I knew it was too good to be true lol

Old 07-28-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
My bad for the long post but there's A LOT of points you made that needed to be adressed.

The only reason I spoke on Death Row was becaue bro I was responding to originally made a comparison of them to Drill rappers like they was real as hell and Chicago's soft. He was saying Chicago rappers are some goofy's and Death Row would never get their manhood taken etc. etc. So I pointed out all the public knowledge that shows all them "gangster" rappers weren't really bout that life.

As for Nipsey, in Chicago he would've been beefing with about 4 other gangs within a few blocks that also had rappers with major exposure making diss songs talkin' about "smokin on Nipsey" and laughing about the head shots in videos then his gang is sliding on the opps for that "get back" and it goes on and on like that until you have 4 or 5 dead talented rappers and a few more locked up for murder. That's the Drill scene in Chicago for the last 10 years which was the original comparison being made.

Here's what I know about Suge/Death Row, bro would've gotten killed pulling all that on Chicago rappers. Maybe not Kanye, Chance, Lupe, Twista and Common but these Drilla's? Some Neutron aint never gonna turn Chief over night and run a label with some B.D.'s as security and pull all that F'kery on 'em then not pay Stones and Lords for songs or slapping and punking dudes without getting his taco blown. Rappers out here are catching head shots then the funerals/memorials shot up over a diss song or Twiter post. What you think would happen to a producer gettin' over on everybody and robbin 'em or beatin 'em down? Ain't no "producer" gonna terrorize the city like that. You say he didn't have carte blanche but the homie was driving through the city, out in clubs, showing up at video shoots in the hood, at public events etc. etc. It wouldn't of been hard to get at 'em. It was just a bunch of studio gangsters hiring security that weren't really on that.

I don't know about false flaggin' in L.A. by locals. I'm talking about L.A. letting FAMOUS fools around the country claim their hoods and nobody's gotta be plugged. It's like some cats in Detroit claiming "Terror Town" and don't know a soul off the 9 and never been to Chicago. Souldja Boy's claimin' he's a Blood and is sweet out in L.A... Bro was claiming Big Folks and them hittas got on 'em for false flaggin'. Bro was beat up, shows shut down and robbed I don't know how many times messing with Chicago. He got caught tryin' to put a price on a head and big homies checked his ass just like Game.

No bro, I'm using celebrities because they are public figures for everybody to see how Fu it is. Watch Casanova's interview where he says he put a red rag on one day and made himself a Blood on some internet shit for real. I told you before there's cats in Indiana over the border and in Michigan that told me they started their own sets and ride the 5 and bang to the left. Don't you have to be all the way right or whatever to be a Blood? So are these dudes Fu?

I got you on this, it's understood. It's no different than the People and Folks. Umbrella alliance with independent gangs within the structure. Stones, Lords, 4's, Mickey Cobras, Latin Kings, Latin Counts etc. are independent but 'People'. Stones and Lords may be into it on Roe Block but clicked up on the West Side. How they move is independent but what they belong to and the knowledge and principles, symbolys and laws of the gang is mostly Universal. For example every Lord gonna know that 5 point star, Cane, Rabbit Head, Top Hat and Champagne Glass. They all gonna know their literature and laws and spirituality.

You told me the L.A. Stones couldn't demo like Chicago and had to drop banging to the left side, riding the 5, going to temple and couldn't be on their Chicago style structure because the politics made them have to be like the rest of them Bloods. So how is it all of a sudden nobody's responsible for what an independent gang does? How come these Bloods claiming the 5, writing laws and banging to the left linked with the People all around the country isn't a reflection on L.A.? Shouldn't L.A. be out here telling these dudes that ain't how we get down so this set is dubbed out cause it's Fu?

No it ain't the same thing at all. Historically speaking back to the foundings, Chicago's organizations have philisophical and spiritual doctrine. There's literature and laws. There's symbology and structure, rank and organization. There's governance and councils/members of the board, etc. etc. There's Kings and Chiefs that are honored. There's sessions where members meet and pay dues an discuss nation business. They were more para military and heavily political in Chicago. It's like the Masons mixed with the Mafia. Today gangs are bangin' blocks but like I said even the shorties claiming Insane, EBK, Renegade, etc, etc, have that knowledge in them. So some Stones claiming "TGB Gang" - 'Die 5' still know them 5 P's and Key20 etc. etc. They just ain't righteous and are disrespectful to Chief. They are still Stone before anything and when they get locked up its "All is Well Mo."

The biggest gangs were each up to 40,000-50,000 strong in the city at their peak and united. How you going to organize these members and keep them in tune without the laws, structure, orginization and literature of the nations?

That's the difference bro. That's why we have "encylopedias"...That's the history, the knowledge, the beliefs, the laws and symbolys that represent your nation to the creation. You aren't just joining a gang, you are becoming active in a Nation...Nations have constituions and laws, traditions, founders, flags and symbolys, history. If you don't know any of it, how you going to be a part of it? This shit ain't pick a color, claim a block and say we're gonna roll with the Folks. You have to be sanctioned by a Chief to start a mob and you may be some futures or get a blessing. But you then adopt everything that comes with that Nation or get dubbed.

There is a "test coming" believe it. Your elders are going to check you, members from other neighborhoods, etc. A man not knowing his literature/laws could get him violated or killed. You come up on the wrong spot at the wrong time claiming you a Stone and they want some knowledge to see if you're righteous you better be on your square.

You say ya'll have principles but it's way more than principles to this. Your 5 highest is just one element of that "encyclopedia" ...

All that beat in came from Cali in one way or another. Chicago has only ever ritually blessed you in after you've completed the process of becoming righteous. A sanctioned violation is the only time you ever put your hands on a brother.

I can't speak for every set everywhere. I know Lords in Memphis bang to the left side, are under the 5 and been plugged in Chicago. I've met some T's from Tennesee in Chicago. 4's and Lords in Detroit are linked with Chicago and official. I got family that was beefing with the 4's up there. Same for Stones in Flint, they are plugged. Latin Kings in NY are under the Motherland Kings and have the rankings, universals, wear Black & Gold are under the 5 and draw that Crown. Atlanta G.D.'s is 7-4 Big Folks, PML, All is One banging to the right with that black flag. In Gary/Milwaukee/Minneapolis/Indianapolis them dudes are defenitely plugged but demo a little different.

Them dudes down south do some goofy stuff like "stackin" and call Hoover King and in Chicago ain't nobody really with that 720 life. Another thing I've seen is people putting letters before the G..... B.G.D., I.G.D, M.G.D has been dead for years but there's some fools down south and over east claiming it. Everybody already knows they're Fu and ain't plugged though cause they claim a dead set. I'm not aware of any People/Folks that are really puttin in work that weren't put on by Chicago members or have plugs.

In Chicago there's some B.D.'s that flipped 5 and ride with the People so if you met some B.D.'s that were Almighty maybe that's why you thought they were bogus. You'd have to be more specific why these Chicago related gangs were Fu...Stones that wore blue flags and claimed the 6?

This is facts, There's some ATG's in jail but they get stole on.
I'm gonna be honest, this isn't a topic I care to continue to discuss here on this platform. I've already delved into this for the second time with you. City-Data isn't where I prefer to carry this conversation, so just letting you know up front this is the last response I have on the topic...

Plenty of people in Los Angeles were okay with Nipsey's passing. He was a gang member who still flaunted his affiliation and was from a gang that has a lot of enemies on both sides. You're not from LA or in tune with the culture, so you're not expected to be privy to the information that there are scores of gang members who celebrated his death and/or taunted the 60s in the aftermath...

And just because you didn't have this information doesn't mean it wasn't and isn't going on...

Cats don't have to get into video and rap beefs for public consumption to validate animosity. The fact that you think these Chicago dudes airing and broadcasting all their issues and retaliations makes the streets of Chicago more dangerous to walk on is a bad look for you. This happens in LA and other places to a smaller degree, again, just because you don't know this, doesn't mean it isn't so...

More importantly, street dudes are street dudes anywhere. The idea that a guy has to be assumed as "harder" because he's from somewhere that is more broadcasted or spoken of is a myth, and we know it's a myth because it's an empirical fact that Chicago isn't among the truly worst cities in America. Its among the worst cities in America over a certain size threshold, but that's it. And since we have that information, its impossible to think what goes on in Chicago makes Chicago a worse experience from a street perspective...

Guys who have run the streets on a criminal level can recognize other people if that cloth regardless if where they're from...

There is a Suge Knight in everybody's city. He isn't always a music producer or a public figure, but Chicago is too big for there not to be one or a few Suge's running around. You don't know everyone in Chicago, any more than anyone knows everyone in any city, but if you been around, that personality is in everyone's city. They hold a particular sway in specific groups and they all reach the same ending as Suge himself, but not before "running" control over whatever group they are surrounding.....people know Chicago's gangster history bro, and people respect it. You don't have to sell it here. But Chicago dudes aren't made of some bionic geneticism that makes them different from anyone else...

Local politics are different everywhere, and some places are worse than others, some are safer, but it's all relative...

The only people who have to answer for Soulja Boy or Chris Brown or anybody is the specific gang that allows his inclusion. Nobody else...

Lastly, you are putting too much thought into this stuff lol. It's not gonna make sense to you if you're expecting other places to emulate how things work in Chicago, but that's okay. This stuff really isn't a big deal and I can't imagine concerning myself with why guys aren't being criminals the way we are criminals where I'm from. I have no more energy for this convo bro, not here anyway. City-data serves many purposes for me but I don't come here to really discuss criminal politics and don't really care to do so after this!

Old 07-28-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyKing54 View Post
...and just like that, Norfolk going back to its usual Norfolk self. I knew it was too good to be true lol
Yeah Norfolk didn't have its first murder until March 8 or 9. So in 140 days Norfolk has put up 20 homicides. If that rate held for the entire year from January 1, Norfolk would be on pace for 52 murders...

As it is, its accelerated pace projects it to finish the year around ~35 murders, which is normal for Norfolk, but if the pace of the last 140 days holds, I wouldn't be surprised to see a year end over 40...

Old 07-28-2019, 09:08 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,414,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
St. Louis 111/36.63
Baltimore 191/31.73
Birmingham 64/30.48

Detroit 137/20.36

Baton Rouge 40/18.02
New Orleans 65/16.62
Kansas City 78/15.95
Memphis 103/15.82
Richmond 36/15.72

Cleveland 55/14.32
Hartford 17/13.82
Washington 96/13.68
Cincinnati 36/11.88
Philadelphia 185/11.68
Rochester 23/11.17
Oakland 44/10.26
Newark 29/10.28
Atlanta 51/10.24

Tulsa 40/9.98
Chicago 268/9.9
Louisville 58/9.35
Indianapolis 76/8.77
Dallas 117/8.7
Jacksonville 76/8.41
Bridgeport 12/8.28
Buffalo 21/8.2
Norfolk 20/8.2
Albuquerque 44/7.86
Charlotte 67/7.68
Milwaukee 44/7.43
Oklahoma City 45/6.93
Knoxville 13/6.91
Columbus 60/6.72
Pittsburgh 20/6.64
Nashville 36/5.38
Virginia Beach 24/5.33
Fresno 27/5.09
Grand Rapids 10/5

Salt Lake City 10/4.98
Houston 106/4.56* (excluding June)
Orlando 13/4.55
Denver 32/4.47
Minneapolis 19/4.47
Providence 8/4.47
Sacramento 22/4.38
St. Paul 13/4.22
Tacoma 9/4.17
Allentown 5/4.13
New Haven 5/3.85
Charleston 5/3.68
Las Vegas 60/3.66
Raleigh 17/3.62
Boston 25/3.6
Tampa 14/3.56
Los Angeles 139/3.48
Greenville 2/2.9
Worcester 5/2.69

Portland 16/2.45
Omaha 11/2.35
San Jose 22/2.14
Austin 20/2.07
San Francisco 18/2.04
Seattle 15/2.01
New York 159/1.89 (BX 43/2.92; BK 52/1.96; SI 8/1.67; Man 26/1.56; Qns 30/1.27)
Miami-Dade 41/1.48
San Diego 21/1.47

Albany 1/1.03

Also, does anyone have information on the following cities:

Columbia? Dayton? Fort Worth? Honolulu? Phoenix? Riverside? San Antonio?

As always, clarifications are welcome, and a big thank you to all contributers!
Austin is now at 22.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:13 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,106,582 times
Looking at the nationwide Black homicides for 2015 - 17, I wondered how much did the top ten Black communities contribute. The ten largest being NYC, Chicago, Philly, Houston, Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore, L.A, D.C , & Dallas. I used the FBI UCR victims report for each year and reports from the local pd/news articles*. There may be inaccuracies with some of the reports in regard to percantages.

2015 Nationwide: 2,664
Top 10 collective: 1,981

2016 Nationwide: 2,870
Top 10 collective: 2,175

2017 Nationwide: 2,970
Top 10 collective: 1,992

The 10 collective contributed to about a 72+% of Black homicides on average. With a low of 67+% in 017 to 75+% in the previous year. It reflects the theme of highly concentrated urban blight in general. If the homicides were to decline by 90% in these cities ( plus additional ones) , the Black homicide rate will plummet accordingly.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:50 AM

832 posts, read 1,256,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Looking at the nationwide Black homicides for 2015 - 17, I wondered how much did the top ten Black communities contribute. The ten largest being NYC, Chicago, Philly, Houston, Detroit, Memphis, Baltimore, L.A, D.C , & Dallas. I used the FBI UCR victims report for each year and reports from the local pd/news articles*. There may be inaccuracies with some of the reports in regard to percantages.

2015 Nationwide: 2,664
Top 10 collective: 1,981

2016 Nationwide: 2,870
Top 10 collective: 2,175

2017 Nationwide: 2,970
Top 10 collective: 1,992

The 10 collective contributed to about a 72+% of Black homicides on average. With a low of 67+% in 017 to 75+% in the previous year. It reflects the theme of highly concentrated urban blight in general. If the homicides were to decline by 90% in these cities ( plus additional ones) , the Black homicide rate will plummet accordingly.
Well, in Chicago is really the black on black crime that is driving the rate up...

Speaking about Chicago, a driver was killed in an failed drive by shooting... His passager wanted to shoot at another vehicle but instead shot his driver on the head...
Talking about dumb gangsters...

Old 07-29-2019, 07:41 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,400,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Well, in Chicago is really the black on black crime that is driving the rate up...
Interesting, what’s driving the rate up in other cities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City