Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix, AZ vs. Tucson, AZ vs. El Paso, TX vs. San Antonio, TX vs. Lubbock, TX vs. Las Vegas, NV
Phoenix, AZ 13 28.89%
Tucson, AZ 1 2.22%
El Paso, TX 2 4.44%
San Antonio, TX 16 35.56%
Lubbock, TX 4 8.89%
Las Vegas, NV 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 10:42 PM

117 posts, read 129,159 times

Advertisements

Which of these cities would be the best to live in? I'm comparing entertainment, scenery, weather, friendliness, and ease of meeting people. Overall, which of these cities rank number 1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 11:21 AM

422 posts, read 396,248 times
Vegas

Old 02-25-2019, 07:59 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,510,918 times
For me, San Antonio, then Phoenix. They're solidly ahead of the others, IMO. I think San Antonio is pretty underrated. When I first visited there during some research visits years ago, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. There's much more do to there than most realize, awesome people, terrific food, and a great downtown.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:19 PM

58 posts, read 88,529 times
All good cities. Texas does tend to be quite friendly and San Antonio is probably the coolest city in Texas. But I had to vote for Las Vegas because of so much entertainment and I prefer the scenery (including the natural scenery).

Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 AM

Lol nobody is voting for the smaller cities. I'd say Phoenix is the best one. This is how I'd rank these cities from best to worst:

1. Phoenix, AZ.
2. Tucson, AZ.
3. Las Vegas, NV.
4. San Antonio, TX.
5. El Paso, TX.
6. Lubbock, TX.

The only reason I'd rank Tucson 2nd best is because it's close to Phoenix. The friendliest city is Phoenix. Least friendliest is El Paso.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:47 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,860,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorandesert92 View Post
Which of these cities would be the best to live in? I'm comparing entertainment, scenery, weather, friendliness, and ease of meeting people. Overall, which of these cities rank number 1?
Out of all them San Antonio for the city itself but the Phoenix metro area has several excellent suburbs that I really enjoy.

Entertainment: San Antonio/Phoenix (if suburbs included)

Scenery: San Antonio. I like the green, rolling hills in much of the area. The oak trees. The parks are great. The riverwalk

Weather: Tucson. Tucson has a fairly mild winter, warm spring and fall, summers are tolerable for many and they do have cooling monsoonal rain often late in the summer and it cools off nicely at night.

El Paso and Lubbock also have a great climate also in my opinion. Both have a mix of cold temperatures to very warm temperatures throughout the winter as the weather changes in both fairly drastically. Very temperate spring and fall weather. El Paso and Lubbock have very warm summers but they do get reprieves from the heat often, especially later in the summer for El Paso

Phoenix and Las Vegas are way too warm for me in the summer and I am a fan of warm weather.

Friendliess: Tie between San Antonio/Phoenix in my experience.

Ease of meeting people: San Antonio/Phoenix

Old 02-26-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Out of all them San Antonio for the city itself but the Phoenix metro area has several excellent suburbs that I really enjoy.

Entertainment: San Antonio/Phoenix (if suburbs included)

Scenery: San Antonio. I like the green, rolling hills in much of the area. The oak trees. The parks are great. The riverwalk

Weather: Tucson. Tucson has a fairly mild winter, warm spring and fall, summers are tolerable for many and they do have cooling monsoonal rain often late in the summer and it cools off nicely at night.

El Paso and Lubbock also have a great climate also in my opinion. Both have a mix of cold temperatures to very warm temperatures throughout the winter as the weather changes in both fairly drastically. Very temperate spring and fall weather. El Paso and Lubbock have very warm summers but they do get reprieves from the heat often, especially later in the summer for El Paso

Phoenix and Las Vegas are way too warm for me in the summer and I am a fan of warm weather.

Friendliess: Tie between San Antonio/Phoenix in my experience.

Ease of meeting people: San Antonio/Phoenix
I felt Phoenix was friendlier than San Antonio from my experience. Phoenix has much friendlier customer service than San Antonio. But the worst customer service hands down is El Paso. I've been yelled at before from customer service there. It seems like Phoenix and San Antonio are the top best out of the list. Me personally, I prefer Phoenix any day.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:42 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Lol nobody is voting for the smaller cities. I'd say Phoenix is the best one. This is how I'd rank these cities from best to worst:

1. Phoenix, AZ.
2. Tucson, AZ.
3. Las Vegas, NV.
4. San Antonio, TX.
5. El Paso, TX.
6. Lubbock, TX.

The only reason I'd rank Tucson 2nd best is because it's close to Phoenix. The friendliest city is Phoenix. Least friendliest is El Paso.
Anyone who puts Tucson above Las Vegas has not been to both, and I say this as an Arizonan who might have to move to Las Vegas in the future (fiance is from Las Vegas, so her friends are still there).

I don't like Las Vegas that much, but it's better than Tucson, which would objectively be 4th on this list behind Phoenix, Las Vegas and San Antonio.

5th would be El Paso with Lubbock bringing up the rear

Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,371,355 times
Quote:
I vote Lubbock.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 PM

3,150 posts, read 2,205,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Anyone who puts Tucson above Las Vegas has not been to both, and I say this as an Arizonan who might have to move to Las Vegas in the future (fiance is from Las Vegas, so her friends are still there).
Tucson is milder in the winter and a little less excessively hot and dry than Las Vegas in much of the summer, and the surrounding desert is much less desolate. Additionally, it contains a major research university of a much higher caliber than any in Las Vegas.

I would agree that Las Vegas has the advantage in terms of entertainment, retail and other amenities and its civic infrastructure has a more modern, polished appearance while Tucson is more rustic and less removed from the natural desert environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City