Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most influential U.S. state: Global influence, Politics, Popular culture, etc.
California 60 70.59%
New York 17 20.00%
Texas 7 8.24%
Florida 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 05:48 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,511,556 times

Advertisements

California as a whole is a global trendsetter. Not New York, not Texas, and not Florida.

California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 06:16 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Unless we’re heavily weighting history of influence, it is pretty indisputably California. I’m curious as to how anyone would arrive at any other conclusion. This isn’t saying that California dominates the US economy or politics, but it is definitely first as a state among the 50 states by just about any metric.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:18 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,429 times
This has been done before. As for an entire state, California and it isn’t close. As for a single city, NYC and it isn’t close.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:27 PM

700 posts, read 421,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulll View Post
California is factually not the best state. Of course your opinion could be that it is the best state.

According to US News and World Report, Washington is the 'best' state. But again, that is one source, and doesn't mean this is true or false for that matter. Just an interesting tidbit. I'm not sure if the 'best' state can be quantified, peoples ideas of best are all not the same. Plus so many things go into what is considered 'best'.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...erica?slide=11

California is (most probably) factually the most powerful state in the country.

Again, same goes for New York City. It is not factually the best city, but your opinion could be that it is the best city.

U.S. News and World Reports that Austin, TX is the best city in the U.S. Again, doesn't mean it is true or false, just showing interesting tidbits.

https://realestate.usnews.com/real-e...he-us?slide=26

New York City is factually the most powerful city in the U.S.
98% of the country would say Auston is not the best city and that’s a fact.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:26 AM

188 posts, read 136,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
This isn’t saying that California dominates the US economy or politics
There's actually a saying that(which i recently read about) that "As California goes, so goes the nation" which is mostly due to many of the laws/regulations/progressive ideas regarding environmentalism and social issues usually originates in California or more specifically, San Francisco(since it's so liberal), which later spreads across the nation so California definitely has a huge impact on American politics and of course California also has the largest economy in the U.S.(5th in the world).

Last edited by 96West; 08-20-2019 at 12:44 PM..

Old 08-20-2019, 02:33 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,375,514 times
Cali

Old 08-20-2019, 03:59 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times
Wasn't this done last week, and than the week before that? Well Anyway Obviously California like in the last three Threads, But I see the Case of Texas taking that Crown in about 20 years. Eventually California is going to start losing population like Illinois. I Can Never See Texas losing population

Old 08-20-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Wasn't this done last week, and than the week before that?
It was? I haven't really been on here lately lol

Old 08-20-2019, 04:50 PM

1,732 posts, read 1,891,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96West View Post
It was? I haven't really been on here lately lol
https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-new-york.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...important.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-new-york.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/world...y-because.html

You don't remember doing all these?
Is this Some sort of Joke to you lol?

You Really like California don't ya

Last edited by Yac; 08-28-2019 at 03:47 AM..

Old 08-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
I asked these questions based on 3 different aspects: Fame, Importance, and influence. So according to you, all three are the samething? Lol. And yes, i do love California just like everyone else loves their state and the only reason i created these threads is because i didn't see any especially polls related to these aspects so i created it, simple as that. And not just California, i have asked about New York, Texas, Florida, Illinois as well. Your last question made me laugh, thanks lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City