Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 08:02 PM

293 posts, read 245,549 times

Advertisements

Who leaves a booming city to go to a country with a lower quality of life?

Anyway, between those two cities CHICAGO by a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 08:02 PM

18 posts, read 13,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I love both Chicago and Tampa very much. There really isn't a right or wrong, it just depends on what you want. Chicago's much larger and has a climate closer to Toronto's. Has everything a world class city offers and is still relatively affordable. Tampa is less expensive. Given that you will be making $50k no matter which you choose, you'll get more bang for your buck in Tampa. Tampa has a tropical climate. Great beaches and there's a good bit to do. Orlando is only about 85 miles away, so you have access to all of its offerings as well, especially if you choose a northeast suburb of Tampa Bay. I lived in Orlando for a year about 10 years ago and fell in love with the whole Orlando/Tampa Bay corridor along I-4. The Tampa Bay area is a retirement oriented area, but there are enough young people to allow you to find peers to socialize with. It just depends on what you want. Personally for me, I would choose Tampa because it its climate, lower cost of living, all of the recreational assets, and the year round outdoor activities. No matter which you choose, it will be a good area. Good luck!
Thank you so much, and considering I will be able to work remote I can get away with moving anywhere in in the state, so I won't be stuck in Tampa so to speak and can move around the state. That being said, Chicago is still very attractive to me so it's gonna be a tough decision.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:04 PM

18 posts, read 13,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
Anyway, between those two cities CHICAGO by a mile.
Just curious why? I haven't traveled much so just wondering.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:15 PM

293 posts, read 245,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto519 View Post
Just curious why? I haven't traveled much so just wondering.
4 seasons, better skyline, better architecture, more urban, walkability, more sophisticated. So many reasons.

Tampa is boring and too hot for much of the year, besides it is in Florida which is full of nuts.

Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 PM

1,965 posts, read 1,265,141 times
Quote:
4 seasons, better skyline, better architecture, more urban, walkability, more sophisticated. So many reasons.

Tampa is boring and too hot for much of the year, besides it is in Florida which is full of nuts.
It depends. The four seasons would actually be a drawback if the OP is looking for benign, equable climates. And since OP mentioned the salaries in the scenario to be the same, there would be better bang for the buck in Tampa compared to Chicago.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:05 PM

381 posts, read 348,955 times
Depends what you want.
I'd be bored in Tampa. The things there aren't my scene.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:02 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,876 times
Florida/Tampa definitely. There is crazy growth going on there. And it's Florida.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:04 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,876 times
Quote:

Better skyline? Not really. Do you mean skyscrapers? Why would skyscrapers make you move to one place over another? Lol

Old 12-07-2019, 09:06 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,398,943 times
I would always choose Chicago over Tampa.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:41 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,885,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Better skyline? Not really. Do you mean skyscrapers? Why would skyscrapers make you move to one place over another? Lol
Chicago over Tampa, any day, every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City