Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2020, 08:17 PM

3,531 posts, read 2,326,728 times

Advertisements

Anyone have end of the year predictions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 08:29 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
t's not the content of what you are saying that he has an issue with, it's the neuroticism of how frequently you bring it up. You're essentially beating a dead horse for the sake of beating it lol
It is the content, but if you keep making statements about Baltimore being larger than St. Louis when the MSAs are the size, or displaying some odd complex about simple facts about the place, then it says more about you. If you can't handle the truth, then just say so, and don't blame me.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
It is the content, but if you keep making statements about Baltimore being larger than St. Louis when the MSAs are the size, or displaying some odd complex about simple facts about the place, then it says more about you.
Since you want to go there

Baltimore's connected urban area is 30% denser. Baltimore proper has twice as many people than St. Louis proper in relatively the same amount of usable space. Baltimore has a 20% larger GDP with the same MSA and does all that using 1/3rd of the physical space. Hell I'll even let you use the inevitable "well its close to DC" argument. Guess what? Government (which includes enterprises & contracting) comprises something like 18-19% the metro's GDP.

You could take away the entire government sector and Baltimore's metro would still statistically be larger than St. Louis by GDP

Quote:
IIf you can't handle the truth, then just say so, and don't blame me.
Your entire response holds zero relevance to the topic at hand as it's about about murder rates, not city/metro size. The fact that you brought up an entirely different topic pertaining to Baltimore shows everyone you do have an axe to grind.

St. Louis is the more dangerous city by statistics, Baltimore is the more dangerous city in real world... we all know this.

/end of debate

Last edited by Joakim3; 01-12-2020 at 10:19 PM..

Old 01-13-2020, 04:56 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
Quote:
These are numbers and facts. If they disturb you, then you need to deal with whatever personal issues you have. Pay closer attention if you want to debate other cities.
I figured I'd get some sort of oblique "No, I'm choosing to focus on Baltimore and ignoring other cities with higher or comparable homicide rates," but it can't hurt to ask.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:01 AM

817 posts, read 599,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
I figured I'd get some sort of oblique "No, I'm choosing to focus on Baltimore and ignoring other cities with higher or comparable homicide rates," but it can't hurt to ask.
To be fair, there really aren't a lot of places with higher murder rates than Baltimore. But I agree that the few that do ought to be talked about.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignCrunch View Post
To be fair, there really aren't a lot of places with higher murder rates than Baltimore. But I agree that the few that do ought to be talked about.
Agree on both fronts..

That being said major cities as a whole have nothing to brag about when we have individual cities that put out more murders than full on countries like the UK, Italy, Japan, Spain or Australia.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:22 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
NYC is at 5 i think. Not 2
In table with murder rates, Austin and OKC are missing does that mean they are at zero so far?

Old 01-13-2020, 07:07 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
In table with murder rates, Austin and OKC are missing does that mean they are at zero so far?
If they were 0, then it would be stated. It means that data couldn't be found yet

Old 01-13-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
You could take away the entire government sector and Baltimore's metro would still statistically be larger than St. Louis by GDP
We're not talking GDP here, but you seem to have some kind of inferiority complex about Baltimore, and every time a simple fact about its homicide rate is brought up, or its distribution, you try to change the topic.

No one here gets so worked up when simple stats about St. Louis, DC, New Orleans, or Detroit are posted. You seem to have a real issue with the truth.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Why are you so defensive about Baltimore's homicide rate? It's a statistic. Plenty gets posted here about St. Louis, DC, New Orleans, etc without the silly responses. If you can't handle seeing the numbers as they come in, then don't participate in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City