Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2020, 03:40 PM

6,561 posts, read 12,044,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T007 View Post
NYC has more Canadian & European Investment than any other US City, hence the Canadian/ European type of Crime Rates.
It's kind of similar to how California cities have very low crime rates, because of all the Japanese/Asian influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM

59 posts, read 40,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
...but NYC was still a world-class city, even when it had a horrible homicide rate and was on the brink of bankruptcy.

I guess, but thank's to Globalism, & Certainly International Trade, Politics in NYC have improved the same way the rest of the Cities in the West have, NYC just adapted to the new reality faster than other US Cities did, & it paid off, nobody likes Crime in their Cities in general, & NYC has worked hard (As a City), to b just like any other Western City or Capital in the Developed World, as for the rest of the US? Their mostly playing catch-up!

Old 04-07-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
It's kind of similar to how California cities have very low crime rates, because of all the Japanese/Asian influence.

I guess, although it also depends on the California City as well, places like Bakersfield & Fresno for example I would not consider low crime though, rest of the State? Sure.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
It is, but New York wasn't always a safe haven, but it has had the most dramatic transformation in crime that no other (large) American city has matched, and there are a multitude of reasons for that.

Philadelphia and especially Baltimore need to get their murder count in order, and Baltimore suffers from higher crime rates across the board, but the problems they face are more of the norm with American cities, New York is more of an outlier at this point regardless of world class status,

I guess, well put btw, also another reason Crime is dropping in NYC I think is the Population Growth.

New York is losing residents at an alarming rate!

https://nypost.com/2019/12/30/new-yo...g-rate-report/

^Easy for a City to see Crime Decrease when the Population growth is in the rear-view Mirror right? NYC is a Complete City, it's done everything it needs to do for a City, things can only go down from here, be it Population Growth I guess & Crime too? Yet despite it's Population growth being flat, the City & Metro somehow is still getting richer & richer.

US Metro Area's by GDP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_areas_by_GDP

Old 04-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

Dude this was b4 I was born, I was born in 1990, I turned 30 Recently lol.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:00 PM

10,064 posts, read 14,434,667 times
Quote:
Looks like it was bombed out, after a war.

Just unbelievable. Today its apples vs oranges compared to back then, in the Bronx.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:02 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Quote:
Some parts of NYC was war zone back then

Old 04-07-2020, 08:39 PM

212 posts, read 147,613 times
Quote:
It kinda resembled an aftermath of some type of war.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Looks like it was bombed out, after a war.

Just unbelievable. Today its apples vs oranges compared to back then, in the Bronx.

Haha yea, the Bronx is still the worst part of NYC for sure, but still nowhere close to as bad as back then though.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy42 View Post
It kinda resembled an aftermath of some type of war.

Haha yea, but Modern Day Baltimore & Chicago's Southside are still like that tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City