Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Seattle surpass these cities in the next several years?
Yes 32 26.23%
No 64 52.46%
Only a few, but not all of them (explain) 26 21.31%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 11:01 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,897,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Im sorry but I didnt, I loved Seinfeld i thought it was better on several similar fronts.

And naw man those shows were way different than Frasier haha (less so ELR)
I mean Seinfeld is arguably the GOAT sitcom of all time, so nothing wrong to prefer it. Frasier was exceptional in its own way, the dialogue and minimal waste of narrative were top notch. Seinfeld was jazz, while Frasier was opera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2020, 08:00 AM

2,758 posts, read 2,446,866 times
Quote:
I private messaged you? I just went through my history, I don't see you...

Anyways, what's your beef with Seattle? Everyone here saying it has a sizable cultural impact-except you.

Just seems like random (and not well supported) argument for someone from Jersey.
No, that other poster saw it necessary to private message me because his feelings were hurt. I have no beef with Seattle, its just has no effect on anything on my life. Not sure what me being from NJ has anything to do with anything. If we want to talk about NJ's cultural output/influence we can do that in another thread.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:11 AM

2,991 posts, read 3,443,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
No, that other poster saw it necessary to private message me because his feelings were hurt. I have no beef with Seattle, its just has no effect on anything on my life. Not sure what me being from NJ has anything to do with anything. If we want to talk about NJ's cultural output/influence we can do that in another thread.
No effect on your life doesn't mean no effect on millions of other Americans. The other poster can private message you all you want and you are free to ignore it or block him. Announcing it on this forum seems mighty petty of you. And I disagree, I think you do have a beef with Seattle. Anyone who says Seattle has "zero cultural influence" as you did has a beef despite all the evidence provided to you to the contrary.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM

2,758 posts, read 2,446,866 times
LMAO alright. Y'all got it.

Old 10-02-2020, 08:49 AM

21,808 posts, read 12,997,218 times
Quote:
I meant that Jersey has no connection to Seattle so to have an issue (which you say you dont) with it would just be random.

As Guineas said-just because it has no impact on you (it does- bare minimum? Amazon and Microsoft impact you) doesnt mean it doesnt for millions of other people.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:48 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,733,568 times
Quote:
Im sorry but I didnt, I loved Seinfeld i thought it was better on several similar fronts.

And naw man those shows were way different than Frasier haha (less so ELR)
Was your mom a fan of Cheers? Maybe that's why she watched Frasier, since it was a spin-off of that show and Frasier was a regular on Cheers? It's probably foolish of me to think everyone in Boston loved Cheers but it was such a popular show nationwide and was so Boston-oriented that that's what I assumed.

Old 10-02-2020, 12:54 PM

365 posts, read 233,986 times
Quote:
My feelings weren't hurt I just wasn't sure you'd return to the thread and I also didn't want to take this thread down an unnecessary rabbit hole. Too late for that at this point. Anyway, don't worry, I'll never PM you again.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
Was your mom a fan of Cheers? Maybe that's why she watched Frasier, since it was a spin-off of that show and Frasier was a regular on Cheers? It's probably foolish of me to think everyone in Boston loved Cheers but it was such a popular show nationwide and was so Boston-oriented that that's what I assumed.
I dunno- I dont think so. I've never seen Cheers.

Old 10-02-2020, 01:25 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,733,568 times
Quote:
I dunno- I dont think so. I've never seen Cheers.
My parents used to love that show - I think it was maybe the most popular sitcom of the late 80s. I remember watching it a lot as a kid - it was very Boston-focused. The first time I visited Boston I remember being really interested in seeing the outside facade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdpE8Dsr0U

Old 10-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_Adultman View Post
My parents used to love that show - I think it was maybe the most popular sitcom of the late 80s. I remember watching it a lot as a kid - it was very Boston-focused. The first time I visited Boston I remember being really interested in seeing the outside facade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdpE8Dsr0U
This looks old as hell lol. Never knew this song was the theme to Cheers but "where everybody knows your name" I did know that much. A few years ago I found out the Cheers wasn't fictional then I just found out a month ago that it wasn't the one in Faneuil Hall.

I was never alive during Cheers' run and although I used to see it on Nick-at-Nite sometime after the Brady Bunch would go off... I never watched it-I was too young. Havent seen it on TV in like a decade now...

A lot of the older 20th-century Boston stuff ended right as i was born in 1994

Whitey Bulger went on the run a month before I was born
Boston Garden was torn down when I was 1
Larry Bird retired 2 years before I was born
Public Housing was desegrated 5 yeas before I was born
Bussing ended 6 years before I was born
Mayor Menino became Mayor a year before I was born
Cheers went off one year before I was born

I was born just as the local music scene was dying too.

My experience in life and in Boston begins with the Patriots winning their first Superbowl in 2001-im familiar with everything culture wise after that point . Prior to that I was in school and just in local neighborhoods with my family so I could only speak to those areas (barely). I don't even remember going downtown until i was 12/13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City