Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 12:01 PM

505 posts, read 584,498 times

Advertisements

I'd vote for San Diego. Lived in Denver for 20+ years and am happy I am no longer a resident. People are prettier in San Diego too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2020, 06:19 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,965,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
I'd vote for San Diego. Lived in Denver for 20+ years and am happy I am no longer a resident. People are prettier in San Diego too.
How so? More blondes? More women with plastic surgery? Huh? SoCal is infamous for its women being a bit too spendthrift, high-maintenance and image conscious, to put it mildly.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:13 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
How so? More blondes? More women with plastic surgery? Huh? SoCal is infamous for its women being a bit too spendthrift, high-maintenance and image conscious, to put it mildly.
Talk about stereotyping...

Old 01-22-2020, 10:21 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,329,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Talk about stereotyping...
Coming from a person who visits frequently and has immediate family/friends that live in SoCal & Las Vegas.... it's a cultural stereotype that holds a lot of truth behind it.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:44 PM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
“Dry dead still mountains” ?

This has to be the most inaccurate description of Denver and the front range I’ve ever read.
I think we know who’s smoking something. Lol.
Actually Thoreau is a conservative who had some bad experiences in Ft. Collins. Doubt he's a smoker.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:04 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,754,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
Coming from a person who visits frequently and has immediate family/friends that live in SoCal & Las Vegas.... it's a cultural stereotype that holds a lot of truth behind it.
Given I've lived there longer than you've been alive, you're not in a position to judge.

Last edited by Vic Romano; 01-23-2020 at 01:18 AM..

Old 01-23-2020, 05:58 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,819,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
Why does it matter to you if people around you are good looking? What a superficial and shallow thing to say.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:40 PM

12,843 posts, read 9,573,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
I am one of over 13,000 of our people who moved to San Diego ... I came from Denver, and the main factor for my move was to seek quality of life, I always wanted to live near the sea and in a warm place The state of California has always been a beloved place for me and my 3 brothers. I am the last one to make the change, with this I gained not only quality of life but also approached the family.

My choice is totally personal because my job and my husband's do not depend on being physically in a certain place, and the cost of living in Denver has increased so much that there is no longer any difference and economic advantages of living in Denver, the change has been Best for kids too, is in the state of California will help my daughter on the walk of her artistic life and my tech nerd son.
I missed this the first time around. I found it inspirational.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:57 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,329,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Given I've lived there longer than you've been alive, you're not in a position to judge.
Triggered much?

I’ve never been to San Diego so I won’t comment on the local culture of that city. That being said I’m more than personally familiar enough with LA & Vegas over the last +decade that yes, I’m comfortably in position to as you call it “judge”

Please get over yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City