Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 12:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,027,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
According to your link Dallas is 29.0% white and 24.3% black. That’s not far off from what I was saying.
I do get your point but its generally accepted that culturally a lot of white Hispanics are culturally white. SO yes you are technically right but as to why you made the statement as to it being disingenuous to say Dallas is culturally white for the reasons you listed is even more disingenuous in itself.

As I sated earlier,where are the blacks in high society?I see mostly by far white faces. If its such a huge majority of whites and very few other groups then how is that not to be considered white?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
Honestly the Arabs treatment of the LGBT community is a lot more severe. They chop people heads off with machetes in some Arab countries if they find out they’re gay. But you’re right about Christianity and Islam.
To be fair thats in Muslim countries,not here, you have countries like Sudan,Uganda etc taht have just as bad histories in dealing with LBGT people.
Arabs here are still less open than blacks which was my point.
Latinos are I think a little worse also due to strong toes to Catholic church.Sense church oing among blacks is way down ,you dont have as much aversion to LBGT people like you have in the past

Old 05-23-2020, 12:52 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverOne View Post
I dodnt get your point because its generally accepted that culturally a lot of white Hispanics are culturally white. SO yes you are technically right but as to why you made the statement as to in being disingenuous to say Dallas is culturally white for the reasons you listed is even more disingenuous in itself.

As I sated earlier,where are the blacks in high society?I see mostly by far white faces. If its such a huge majority of whites and very few other groups then how is that not to be considered white?
It’s more Anglo Americans in high society anywhere including Atlanta. Just because Atlanta has a large black population and black faces in high position doesn’t mean they are accepted into high society. In many cases these people are nothing more than puppets.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:56 PM

8,333 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
I do get your point but its generally accepted that culturally a lot of white Hispanics are culturally white. SO yes you are technically right but as to why you made the statement as to it being disingenuous to say Dallas is culturally white for the reasons you listed is even more disingenuous in itself.

That could be true but how would we know without data? Is there data on it?

Old 05-23-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
To be fair thats in Muslim countries,not here, you have countries like Sudan,Uganda etc taht have just as bad histories in dealing with LBGT people.
Arabs here are still less open than blacks which was my point.
Latinos are I think a little worse also due to strong toes to Catholic church.Sense church oing among blacks is way down ,you dont have as much aversion to LBGT people like you have in the past
You’re right. Africa is another place that has a terrible track record of treating the LGBT poorly. I would add the Carribean islands to that list.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
It’s more Anglo Americans in high society anywhere including Atlanta. Just because Atlanta has a large black population and black faces in high position doesn’t mean they are accepted into high society. In many cases these people are nothing more than puppets.
Well yes of course. Thats a given.
However to some degree that is true about blacks in high place but in Atlanta you have people like Tyler Perry,Jewl Solomon of Goggle Startups,Raphael Bostic who is the openly black gay head of the Atlanta Federal Reserve Bank,Juanita Baranco who with her husbands owns one of Mercedes Benz largest dealerships in the South as well as being on the Board of Regents,HL Russell and his kids who own the company are always been in those circles as that company built a lt of ATlanta landmarks like the former Georgia Dome and then of course you have the CEO and black executives at Atlanta F500 companies.Coca Cola,Regional President of PNC Bank, and so many other companies with high profiles

So if you can show me that in Dallas then please do.

Last edited by CleverOne; 05-23-2020 at 01:15 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You’re right. Africa is another place that has a terrible track record of treating the LGBT poorly. I would add the Carribean islands to that list.
Yep. Defiantly meant to add the Caribbean. Especially the Bahamas and Jamaica

Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 PM

8,333 posts, read 5,492,671 times
Quote:
Honestly the Arabs treatment of the LGBT community is a lot more severe. They chop people heads off with machetes in some Arab countries if they find out they’re gay. But you’re right about Christianity and Islam.
There are not enough words to fully articulate my hatred for Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. It was through these religions that:

1) people were enslaved
2) their cultures destroyed and these vile doctrines forced on them instead
3) tribal type hatred of other groups emerged
4) LGBT people are dehumanized
5) race/ethnic mixing Discouraged
6) women subjugated

Bringing it to the black community, how crazy is it that they took you from your home, destroyed your culture, enslaved your ancestors, and now you’re the most religious race in America? They did this to your ancestors and now you worship their god! That’s hard for me to understand. Arabs too to a degree. We had many other religions like Zoroastrianism, but our homelands are now plagued with the scourge of Islam. Our culture was destroyed and our ancestors enslaved too and most of still pray to their god. Because it was so long ago it’s as if we forget. But in our case the tyranny of Muslim governments prevent us from leaving.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
There are not enough words to fully articulate my hatred for Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. It was through these religions that:

1) people were enslaved
6) women subjugated

Bringing it to the black community, how crazy is it that they took you from your home, destroyed your culture, enslaved your ancestors, and now you’re the most religious race in America? They did this to your ancestors and now you worship their god! That’s hard for me to understand. Arabs too to a degree. We had many other religions like Zoroastrianism, but our homelands are now plagued with the scourge of Islam. Our culture was destroyed and our ancestors enslaved too and most of still pray to their god. Because it was so long ago it’s as if we forget. But in our case the tyranny of Muslim governments prevent us from leaving.
All FACTS! Melanated people in there natural state are spiritual not religious.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:15 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,218,629 times
Quote:

1) people were enslaved
6) women subjugated

ALL FACTS. No printer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City