Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City would you chose for us?
Houston 30 20.41%
Dallas 54 36.73%
Atlanta 63 42.86%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 11:57 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,026,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Just pointing it out. I've never been inside of it but from what I've heard the locales dont think too highly of it.
Im not suprised. When I googled it directed me to the Houston Zoo.
Wiki showed this
https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Kipp...um&redirect=no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 12:21 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,620,046 times
Quote:
Just pointing it out. I've never been inside of it but from what I've heard the locales dont think too highly of it.
Oh it’s underwhelming as hell. It might as well be called Restaurant and an “Aquarium” cause it’s just as much a restaurant as it is an Aquarium. The highlight of the thing is the random White Tiger at the end. Like how the hell is a Tiger apart of sea life? Lol

Old 05-26-2020, 12:38 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,026,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Oh it’s underwhelming as hell. It might as well be called Restaurant and an “Aquarium” cause it’s just as much a restaurant as it is an Aquarium. The highlight of the thing is the random White Tiger at the end. Like how the hell is a Tiger apart of sea life? Lol
oh wow.lol

Old 05-26-2020, 01:34 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure Houston has a separate Aquarium in Downtown. I dont think its apart of the zoo, unless theres another aquarium I'm unaware of.
The zoo is at Hermann park and the aquarium is in downtown.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:36 PM

340 posts, read 320,790 times
https://blooloop.com/features/georgi...ium-expansion/
Here is an article with pictures that show the massive GA Aquarium that is currently happening.

The High in Atlanta has also been refining and improving its collection over the years. In 2019, it received such an impressive donation of paintings that it even made the New York Times (paywall).
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/27/a...anta-gift.html

Old 05-26-2020, 03:04 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Seems weird for a coastal city to not have a great aquarium...even more so for an inland city not built directly on a body of water like Atlanta to have a better one.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:17 PM

2,857 posts, read 2,168,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Seems weird for a coastal city to not have a great aquarium...even more so for an inland city not built directly on a body of water like Atlanta to have a better one.
Galveston's Moody Gardens has a decent aquarium. Not aquarium in Texas is comparable to Atlanta. You can see whale sharks there and catch a dolphin show.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:33 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,089 times
Quote:
Your reminding me why I choose Houston instead of Dallas after college in the first place. The insecure country bumpkin mentality still lingers even in todays Dallas. I think Houston cats use to clown you at TSU for your Shaqs and tacky wardrobe and you've been in your feelings about Houston ever since.

Anyway, I've already said I like all 3 cities including Dallas but I like Houston a better than Dallas. None of my people care about a Dallas or Houston rivalry. How old are you again man? Your embarrassing DISD. LOL

Thanks for giving me that much power....Dallas was thick at TSU...I ran it..me and my Dallas clique......I grew up though....Houston is fun if you have no plans for structured life(totally subjective).
When I visit now its obvious that the love for Houston left me when I left it.(meaning What thrilled me thrilled me at 18 ,19 and 20 yrs old)

Please dont let lil ole me stop you from living your best life.....Dallas is a great city and you know it is.

If you just do whats best for you and your wife and quit focusing on proving Houston is better than Dallas...you'll grow to appreciate what Dallas offers with an open mind.

I'm old enough to know what I want and Like ...I would never let a forum pick where I move.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-26-2020 at 06:36 PM..

Old 05-26-2020, 06:12 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,926,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Houston is fun if you have no plans for structured life.
And yet plenty of people live structured lives in Houston. One of my close fraternity brothers and his wife live in Houston and they just welcomed their first child into the world and are doing quite well. I plan to visit soon and get an up-close look at their messy, unstructured lives.

Why is it that you are unable to mentally separate your experience at TSU with the city of Houston? It's just so bizarre from where I'm sitting.

Quote:
I'm old enough to know what I want and Like ...I would never let a forum pick where I move.
But here you are participating regularly on a forum designed for that very purpose and contributing to a thread where someone is looking for relocation advice.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:27 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And yet plenty of people live structured lives in Houston. One of my close fraternity brothers and his wife live in Houston and they just welcomed their first child into the world and are doing quite well. I plan to visit soon and get an up-close look at their messy, unstructured lives.

Why is it that you are unable to mentally separate your experience at TSU with the city of Houston? It's just so bizarre from where I'm sitting.

But here you are participating regularly on a forum designed for that very purpose and contributing to a thread where someone is looking for relocation advice.
Go re-read my post....Read whats in Parentheses.

Actually TSU is Used against me...just like it was in this thread(meaning I never bring it up).I just respond accordingly.

If a person is seriously looking for a place to move why would you add a city that you already think is inferior to where you currently live....I'll wait.

Last edited by dallasboi; 05-26-2020 at 06:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City